Leaky gut

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ingasp
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for putting this fantastic resource together. It is very thorough. I just have one question – candida overgrowth is often associated with leaky gut. Some sources (i.e. J. Pagano) strongly recommend to stay away from all nightshades, listing potatos and tomatos as the worst culprits. Other nightshades include peppers, aubergines, tobacco. Supplements like slipery elm bark and safron/camomile tea are also recommended to help the gut heal. What is your take on this? Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Lisa is not here to help you…

Inflammatory and overly acidic foods are the ones to stay away from such as hot spices, deep fried foods, Chinese food, etc. Inflammation and leaky gut have a strong relationship and its all about reducing inflammation if you want to overcome leaky gut. A trained alternative health professional is the best person to ask for this advice so they can put you on a well thought out tailored plan to get better; this is better than treating yourself imo.

-raster

mantishugo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I have been told to abstain from spicy food. Since then I have 50% relief from candida.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

I have been told to abstain from spicy food. Since then I have 50% relief from candida.

Can you provide more details? Which were the spices that triggered your symptoms? And what were your symptoms. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Leaky gut’ is closed to new replies.