Leaky Gut, any suggestions from Raster or others w/exp?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Leaky Gut, any suggestions from Raster or others w/exp?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  2tude58 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

2tude58
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 18

Hi Raster,

I was Tude on here and had h*** getting back on. 2Tude58 now. After reading your posts, I realized the reason I’m having so many allergic reactions and unable to gain weight was most likely leaky gut. I start having itchy, burning rashes that really get bad around my neck. At this point in the game, if I start itching too much I know it’s either a new food or too much inflammatory foods. I allow myself some berries in kefir (small amount) for a treat.

Can you give any suggestions as to how to handle this?

For now the only thing “safe” for me is:

Strict anti inflammation diet
    All foods that have antifungal properties (I drink coconut kefir in everything all day)
    Garlic, turmeric, milk thistle, molyb, Cs, Bs, all omegas, fibers, oregano, cayenne and all fresh peppers and spices etc. I take SAM-e to keep myself from sinking into a pit I never come out of.

Trying to balance inflammation in joints, gut, protect my liver and balance candida out without losing more weight. I’m 5’7,was 135-145 and all muscle. 3 years ago I could literally throw truck tires or bags of feed onto the trailers to load for a dairy on “they need help days” worked 16 hours a day driving trucks in the ag area with no days off and had great muscle tone.
    Last 3 years has gone to: Unable to work physically for long, so-so days I work out some, gain momentum then hit the unable to move from pain and fatigue days.I’ve lost muscle, widespread joint, nerve and muscle pain and having h*** keeping weight, muscle, energy. The leaky gut syndrome is beginning to make sense after having so many periods of feeling I’ve been poisoned and this was before going through die off symptoms with the expensive tonics from my doc.

What’s the #1 things I can do to help repair more? Thank You!!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

“Leaky gut” is caused by inflammation. Inflammation occurs because the body is reacting to something. There are 2 ways to go at that problem. The first is to eliminate the thing(s) the body is reacting to, in this case it could be either food or bugs(good or bad). A person can react to literally anything, some of them in ways you wont immediately feel. The best way to manage this is to eliminate those things, or at least the worst ones. An anti-inflammatory non-fermentable diet and antimicrobials is a good place to start, one can take it one step further with food allergy testing. The second thing you can do is improve the function of the immune system. All people with these problems have one thing in common, they have a dumb, blind, incapable, over-reactive th2 dominant immune system. There are many possible causes of this, and thus many solutions. Low glutathione, mercury toxicity, low dhea, infections (including dental, viral, certain bacteria, & fungal) all contribute to the problem. Directly addressing any of these things that apply to you helps immensely. There are also supplements one can take to directly stimulate th1 cytokine production as well, like ip6, pine cone extract, neem, etc.

2tude58

impossible;52749 wrote: “Leaky gut” is caused by inflammation. Inflammation occurs because the body is reacting to something. There are 2 ways to go at that problem. The first is to eliminate the thing(s) the body is reacting to, in this case it could be either food or bugs(good or bad). A person can react to literally anything, some of them in ways you wont immediately feel. The best way to manage this is to eliminate those things, or at least the worst ones. An anti-inflammatory non-fermentable diet and antimicrobials is a good place to start, one can take it one step further with food allergy testing. The second thing you can do is improve the function of the immune system. All people with these problems have one thing in common, they have a dumb, blind, incapable, over-reactive th2 dominant immune system. There are many possible causes of this, and thus many solutions. Low glutathione, mercury toxicity, low dhea, infections (including dental, viral, certain bacteria, & fungal) all contribute to the problem. Directly addressing any of these things that apply to you helps immensely. There are also supplements one can take to directly stimulate th1 cytokine production as well, like ip6, pine cone extract, neem, etc.

Thanks Impossible. I am out of glutathione and stopped the DHEA due to agitation so I suppose I can do a lower dose of this.
    What is the th1?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What I would do for a leaky gut protocol would involve taking specific supplements. This would include digestive enzymes or bitters, L-glutamine, inulin, fermented cod liver oil, sf722, flax, and maybe try out a leaky gut tea such as throat coat tea (each ingredient in this tea helps leaky gut and reduce inflammation).

As far as the TH2/TH1 stuff…you might want to worry about that for long term success but the supplements I mentioned are basically a good short duration plan. I wouldn’t take inulin for more than a few months.

Another part of healing it might include addressing the thyroid and liver.

-raster

2tude58

raster;52751 wrote: What I would do for a leaky gut protocol would involve taking specific supplements. This would include digestive enzymes or bitters, L-glutamine, inulin, fermented cod liver oil, sf722, flax, and maybe try out a leaky gut tea such as throat coat tea (each ingredient in this tea helps leaky gut and reduce inflammation).

As far as the TH2/TH1 stuff…you might want to worry about that for long term success but the supplements I mentioned are basically a good short duration plan. I wouldn’t take inulin for more than a few months.

Another part of healing it might include addressing the thyroid and liver.

-raster

Thank you Raster. Wow, right when I think this stuff is down, more pops up to absorb! The liver I just have to deal with carefully through all this. The thyroid I missed the th1 on Impossibles, (brain fog, thought he meant something else) I’m on armour thyroid. I’m copying this down to take to the health store

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

2tude58

One thing for certain, it takes me less than 24 hours to know if I’m having a bout of inflammation along with stomach pain, (raw and inflammed which doesnt happen often these days) and sky rocketing nerve pain along with burning, and/or itching rashes around my neck. Wandering through the wilderness one day at a time.

Thank you for all your suggestions, I started using them:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leaky Gut, any suggestions from Raster or others w/exp?’ is closed to new replies.