Lamb & Tarragon Stew

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Lamb & Tarragon Stew

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  strayspark 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

strayspark
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I hope you enjoy this stew. It was inspired by a basic bean & vegetable stew in Erica White’s Beat Candida Cookbook. I usually tweet about my new food discoveries and generally share my feelings about being on the candida diet with the world by tweeting as @ligellanawson. Please follow me 🙂

LAMB & TARRAGON STEW

Ingredients

salt, pepper, olive oil, onion, garlic
    diced lamb
    a variety of vegetables of your choice
    fresh herbs: parsley, tarragon and whatever you fancy
    vegetable/lamb stock
    oatmeal
    tomato puree
    chickpeas

Instructions

1. Marinade some pieces of lamb in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, fresh tarragon and fresh parsley for twelve hours.

2. Fry some onion and garlic in the bottom of a saucepan, then add the lamb with all of its marinade included.

3. Wait until the lamb is half-cooked and then add any number of wild and wonderful vegetables together with just enough boiling water to cover the lot. Crumble in a stock cube.

4. In a separate bowl, mix some fine oatmeal with cold water. Add a little of the boiling juice from the pan and stir until it becomes a paste.

5. Tip the paste into the pan and stir for a while until the juice becomes thick.

6. Add a couple of dollops of tomato puree and some fresh herbs (parsley, tarragon, mint, basil: whatever you fancy).

7. Finally, stir in a drained can of chickpeas. Your meal is now ready.

The longer you leave it for the flavours to infuse, the better it will taste.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Lamb & Tarragon Stew’ is closed to new replies.