Lactulose.! You better research about it..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lactulose.! You better research about it..

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I have been posting about this extraordinary Prebiotic lately.

I have seen people aren’t too interested. Lactulose may be the final tool to normalize the gut flora and to prevent candida colonization or re-infection.

Mycological aspects of gastrointestinal microflora.
    Bernhardt H1, Knoke M.
    Author information
    Abstract
    There are two aspects about the presence of Candida in the human orointestinal tract: (i) it is a part of normal human flora and (ii) it is a risk factor for immunocompromised patients. The orointestinal tract can be considered a reservoir for Candida species, several of which are from the oral cavity, stomach, duodenal juice and faeces. Their germ counts in normal small and large bowel do not exceed 10(4) cfu/ml resp.g. The input of Candida to a well-developed faecal flora system under continuous flow culture conditions did not lead to a multiplication of the yeast. The take in of faecal flora into a Candida continuous flow culture diminish Candida germ counts. If, however, the faecal flora was destroyed, e.g. by antibiotics, we found the yeasts multiplying, with the formation of germ tubes and mycelial structures. Colonization by Candida has to be seen as a starting-point of the development of subsequent candidosis in immunosuppressed or intensive care patients. The best protection against Candida colonization in the gut is the existence of a normal bacterial flora. Lactulose, which promotes the Gram-positive potential of faecal flora, may protect indirectly by supporting the indigenous flora.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10399_Lactulose—A-super-prebiotic.aspx

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Thanks Jorge, but this seems like alot of doctors talk, in plain speak how would you take Lactulose, where do you find it, and how big dosage do you recommend?

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

As a summary, it says
    -Candida is part of normal human gut flora
    -Only when there is a disturbance to the gut flora does candida become out of control, eg antibiotics that kill all (good and bad) bacteria
    -Either this or another factor will weaken your immune system, and allow candida to overproduce and cause candidiasis
    -Probiotics are essential to combat this
    -Lactulose is very beneficial to promote healthy bowel colonisation, and keep candida numbers in check.

My thoughts is that you will need to reduce your candida numbers sufficiently to give beneficial flora the chance to repopulate (diet, supplements, enemas).

Great post dvjorge, something I will no doubt use in my future treatment.

Talking of lactulose – isn’t it given to patients for SIBO testing? I’m actually having a test this month.

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Jorge – I read somewhere you have a website. If so, can you post a link?

dvjorge
    Participant

TheXtremisT;57739 wrote: As a summary, it says
    -Candida is part of normal human gut flora
    -Only when there is a disturbance to the gut flora does candida become out of control, eg antibiotics that kill all (good and bad) bacteria
    -Either this or another factor will weaken your immune system, and allow candida to overproduce and cause candidiasis
    -Probiotics are essential to combat this
    -Lactulose is very beneficial to promote healthy bowel colonisation, and keep candida numbers in check.

My thoughts is that you will need to reduce your candida numbers sufficiently to give beneficial flora the chance to repopulate (diet, supplements, enemas).

Great post dvjorge, something I will no doubt use in my future treatment.

Talking of lactulose – isn’t it given to patients for SIBO testing? I’m actually having a test this month.

You probably are correct. However, the million dollar question is if rising the Lactos and Bifidos in the colon will displace candida colonies. LAB are those that protects us against candida colonization. It may be that taking lactulose increase these bacterial population and candida has to package and leave the intestines.

Anyway, there is nothing better I have found to recover the intestinal balance after an anticandida protocol than lactulose.

Jorge

dvjorge
    Participant

MadEmx;57742 wrote: Jorge – I read somewhere you have a website. If so, can you post a link?

Sorry, I don’t have website or blog. I only post on candida forums.

Jorge

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I realized that after I posted. You had stated you read a lot of blogs and websites and I misread. Sorry about that. You are very knowledgable and I appreciate your input and enjoy your informative posts.

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Hello Jorge, you seem to have missed my post so I’m making one again 🙂

Henschy;57737 wrote: in plain speak how would you take Lactulose, where do you find it, and how big dosage do you recommend?

dvjorge
    Participant

Henschy;57753 wrote: Hello Jorge, you seem to have missed my post so I’m making one again 🙂

in plain speak how would you take Lactulose, where do you find it, and how big dosage do you recommend?

I saw your post, but I am not a MD. Google Lactulose and you will find information about dosage and availability in your country.

dvjorge
    Participant

Read this PDF about Bifidobacterium and its importance as part of the intestinal microbiota.

http://nutriweb.org.my/publications/mjn003_2/mjn3n2_art6.pdf

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

dvjorge,

Did you ever have problems with FOS and or Inulin?

I did.

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

I don’t seem to have any problem with Lactulose. I’m taking 1 tsp AM & PM and I may increase that to bowel tolerance. I also take a lot of probiotics and fermented foods.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lactulose.! You better research about it..’ is closed to new replies.