Ketosis?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alby1970 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alby1970
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

I’m on day two of the diet. Yesterday I did eat some dairy and quinoa but today I have cut those out too. So far today I’ve had lots of steamed veg’s and two eggs (breakfast) and some steamed chicken.

I’m realizing that this is the way I ate when I tried Atkins. Atkins made me really dehydrated and put me into ketosis (a goal of Atkins). Is that supposed to happen with the Candida Diet? How does that impact candida?

Thanks!

Oh, and BTW, I was already feeling die off this am (itchy rash). I worked out and it went away…exercise is good for everything!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I doubt seriously that you experienced a die-off symptom considering you’ve been on the diet for two days, especially if you had diary on the first day. Are you doing anything else yet, such as an antifungal?

It’s fairly normal for a person on the Candida diet to go into ketosis, and it doesn’t hamper the treatment.

There’s no reason why you should become dehydrated on the Candida diet, not if you drink water the way you should. Part of the treatment is to drink plenty of water at mealtimes as well as between your meals. Not only will it keep you hydrated, but it will wash out the toxins as the Candida die off.

Able

Alby1970
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

What I called die off probably wasn’t. I just got a flair up of symptoms. I did drink the pau d’arco tea and the flair up came a while after that. I feel horrible today…I cut everything else out and I’m bloated and tierd.

Thank you for the info on ketosis.

Alby

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ketosis?’ is closed to new replies.