Kefir and baking powder

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Kefir and baking powder

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carb voyeur 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carb voyeur
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Hello! I’ve found my local supermarket stocks kefir, but it’s made with pasteurised milk, can I presume that the probiotic cultures would be dead in that case? Also, can I take kefir straight away in stage 1 (I finish detox on Thursday.)

Also, the aluminium-free baking powder in the coconut bread recipe. Would it say on the back if it has aluminium, or do I presume that it has aluminium unless it says otherwise? Can I use plain baking soda instead?

Thank you for all the advice and support so far!

Carb voyeur

Oh, and can I take buttermilk on stage 1 as well?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Carb.

The yeast of kefir doesn’t promote a Candida infestation. If there’s a problem caused by milk kefir, it would probably be because the kefir wasn’t fermented long enough to remove all of the sugar before it was shipped. You can take it during stage 1 for sure. Also at least part of the cultures will be alive even though it’s pasteurized.

You can buy the grains and make it yourself which would be the best. If you decide to do this, use 1% Organic Valley Milk, that is if you can get that brand, if not, any brand would work.

Look for the Rumford brand of baking powder which comes in a red container with white letters. It has the words “Aluminum-Free” printed across the front of the container.

I wouldn’t drink buttermilk during any stage of the diet.

Able

Carb voyeur

Thank you, Able, a fount of knowledge as always. Very excited about trying this kefir.
    Also, I’m Dublin, Ireland, so I’d have to send away for Rumford, and I don’t think I can wait the week or so it would take to arrive to eat bread again. I’ll check my local tesco.
    Cheers again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kefir and baking powder’ is closed to new replies.