Just tried Kefir!! and Casabi Organic yucca crackers!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just tried Kefir!! and Casabi Organic yucca crackers!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

K, I just tried kefir today, and I wanted to say for the benefit of anyone who isn’t sure about trying it that I think it is absolutely delicious. It tastes (at least to me)like peach yop (yoplait yogurt drinks). I wanted to drain the whole carton, but I can’t since it’s my first day on it.

Also, I found these crackers at the health food store where I shop by Casabi organics (www.casabiorganics.com). They are crackers made from the cascava plant or yucca (same thing), and they taste really good as well. You can also see from the ingredient list below that they are ok to eat (yucca was ok’d by able in earlier posts-able correct me if this is wrong), and you can buy them off of amazon.com in bulk. They’re great with homemade guacamole or liver pate.

•ORIGINAL
    Organic Cassava (Yucca), Pulp (99%), sea salt (1%)
    •GARLIC
    Organic Cassava (Yucca) Pulp (96%) & Natural Garlic Flavor (4%) (Garlic, parsley, essential garlic oil), sea salt
    •ONION
    Organic Cassava (Yucca) Pulp (96%) & Natural Onion Flavor (4%) (Onion, sea salt, parsley)

Hope this helps

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

oh, and I should also say that the brand of Kefir I got was by liberte-it’s their plain authentic kefir- the one with 4 g of sugar (454 ml carton). It supposedly has 37 billion bacteria per 100 ml more than any yogurt and 5 billion bacteria per tablespoon-this is what liberte claims…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

A great find in the crackers, Caitie, and thanks for sharing it with us. The crackers look and sound delicious, but there’s a bonus with the yucca since it’s a prebiotic in that it feeds the beneficial flora, but it has a triple bonus since it also reduces intestinal inflammation and helps to support the adrenal glands.

Thanks again, Able

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

When can I introduce these? I really miss haveing something crunchy. I will start the non detox part of the diet this week sometime.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mstewart wrote: When can I introduce these? I really miss haveing something crunchy. I will start the non detox part of the diet this week sometime.

I’d wait at least two weeks after starting the diet phase. Of course, as with adding any new food, start slowly and watch for reactions of any type, if you have even one, for this particular item, stop eating it for at least one week before trying again.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Just tried Kefir!! and Casabi Organic yucca crackers!’ is closed to new replies.