just starting – diet questions…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice just starting – diet questions…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jtt
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I am just starting. Do you know if stevita is a good brand? they have one product mixed with xylitol? any one tried it?

Also I saw some coconunt nectar granules as a sugar alternative. Is this ok?

Thanks!

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

jtt wrote: I am just starting. Do you know if stevita is a good brand? they have one product mixed with xylitol? any one tried it?

Also I saw some coconunt nectar granules as a sugar alternative. Is this ok?

Thanks!

Stevia has a GI (Glycemic Index) is rated at zero. This is the best thing to use for the Candida diet :D. The coconut nectar is a nectar and the GI rated as a 35. So personally I would not use this product. As for the stevita I would have to do more research because the website does not have enough information. Great job being creative though. Regular Stevia I feel is the safest way to go :D.

You want to stay away from items that are high in GI. This is because if the GI is high it means the carbohydrates ability to raise blood sugar level is high, which is not good since Candida eats sugar. For more info about GI you can visit this website.
    http://www.glycemicindex.com/about.php

Hope this helps,
    Lauren

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘just starting – diet questions…’ is closed to new replies.