Just diagnosed – so much conflicting information!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Just diagnosed – so much conflicting information!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rljrdn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

——————————————————————————–

To make a long story short – 8 years of chronic inflammation of my back, neck, arm, intestines, other random symptoms with no explanation. Been to 4 chiropractors, 2 md’s, an orthopedic, physical therapy and acupuncture with no help because everyone thought it was a mechanical problem from me being in car accidents. After being in daily pain for so long I decided I wanted to try another route and started investigating anti-inflammatory diets, adrenal stress, etc. I planned to get blood work done for it and started an anti-inflammatory diet but also went to my current chiro who I know does bio-magnetic testing for allergens.

He was happy I wanted to try another route and was blown away with how crazy I tested for all kinds of allergens and finally came up with the candida diagnosis. Chronic sinus infections meant antibiotics a few times a year in the past and I’m on birth control and still have metal fillings. He also did some laser acupressure therapy and seemed very positive that we could bring my levels back to normal in a month or so and told me to google candida to learn more. A few hours later my inflammation in my shoulder/arm/back was GONE! I nearly cried. He gave me anti-fungal, anti-histimine, and probiotics to take for two weeks. Said to avoid sugar and the foods I tested positive for but didn’t mention anything about this strict diet I now read about. He also seemed like a few weeks and I’d be all good.

BUT…now I’m reading more about this and how hard it is to really permanently get candida in check so that you can go back to a normal life with regular food and no supplements. Is it realistic? Any success stories? After that appointment I stayed on the anti-inflammitory diet and adjusted it for candida after reading online but a lot of the diets online conflict. I’ve been keeping a food journal and I have “cheated” a few times because I didn’t know they were cheats! For example black beans and vinegar in organic homemade salsa. I give myself a treat of organic all natural low sugar frozen yogurt because the ingrediants seem to be fine except the sugar which is lower than some foods that are allowed and non-processed pure cane sugar but I don’t know if this is a cheat or not? Is brown rice allowed on this? What about all natural corn chips/tortillas? I also don’t know anything about doing a cleanse?

My inflammation came back in two days and is still here, I experienced die off symptoms for the first week and my stomach is fine now on the diet. I go back to see my chiro on friday and will see what he says now that I’m more informed about this. Should I see another dr. for nutritional and long term advise on this? I don’t mind the sacrifices as long as they are short term (few months, not lifetime) but I’d hate to be sacrificing all this and be doing it wrong. From the foods on here I’ve been probably 95-98% good for level one for the 10 days since going to the chiro. I was “cheating” before that because I was doing anti-inflammatory (gluten-free, no refined sugars, etc) and didn’t know. I took the online questionaire and literally have had dozens of symptoms for years. I’m also terrified to get off birth control and is this all for naught if I stay on it? so many questions…

rljrdn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Just looking at the stage two re-introductions I realize that corn, beets, peas, and some others aren’t supposed to be eaten in phase I. yet they are listed as ok on other candida diets. see my problem?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

rljrdn wrote: Just looking at the stage two re-introductions I realize that corn, beets, peas, and some others aren’t supposed to be eaten in phase I. yet they are listed as ok on other candida diets. see my problem?

Yes, I see your problem, but in all honesty, everyone who has had Candida experienced the same problem when they were trying to start the diet, so you’re certainly not alone.

A good rule of thumb is: If a food is listed on even one diet as being a no-no, then don’t eat it. Assume that you should pay attention to the lists with the most foods shown as unfriendly, because the other lists were probably written by someone who didn’t know what they were talking about.
    Personally I would leave corn, beets, and peas alone, even in stage two, and corn is something no one needs – ever.

Also, you can’t pay attention to a time frame such as, “stay on phase one for three weeks then go to phase two” for blah-blah weeks. In time you’ll learn to ignore any time frame. They’re all inaccurate because every Candida sufferer is different from the last, so nobody knows how long you will need to be in each stage. Does that not make more sense than the same time frame for everyone? This forum is full of posts by people who tried to start adding food just because some set of instructions told them to and ended up starting all over again.

You probably tested positive for all types of allergens because weakened adrenals often create allergic reactions to dozens of foods, etc. To explain why some people become allergic to so many different things:

During a Candida infestation a person can contract Leaky Gut Syndrome, plus the adrenals can become weakened. When this happens, allergies will often develop. So basically the allergies stem from poorly functioning adrenals. Not everyone with Candida has low adrenals and Leaky Gut, so this is why not everyone with Candida has the same allergies.
    Once Candida reaches a fungal form and becomes an infestation it can lead to the Leaky Gut Syndrome. At that point, toxins, yeasts, bacteria, and partially dissolved proteins are allowed to enter the bloodstream via the intestinal walls. Once they’re in the bloodstream they usually trigger allergic reactions. Unfortunately, this can lead to further weakening the adrenals unless treated successfully.

Treating weakened adrenals on your own can be tricky, but not impossible, and a doctor can also threat this, but I wouldn’t mention ‘Candida’ to him unless he’s some sort of alternative doctor, because once you do, medical doctors do not take you seriously any longer.

Feeling ill, mild headaches, no appetite, bloating and constipation can certainly be symptoms of die-off. There are products which can greatly reduce the symptoms of die-off. Molybdenum and Candidate from Native Remedies are two of the best.

As far as the slip-up is concerned, I’d just continue on as you were and not add any new food for the time being.

Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Bumping post.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Wow, in reading all of this..I am a little more confused. This is all new to me so bare with me as I am learning. For two plus yrs, i have been getting dizzy after eating foods..some worse than others. The Drs say..oh its from Meniere’s disease. I dont believe that. Dizzy SPELLS as in the room is spinning..yes that is menieres..but getting dizzy/lightheaded after eating foods isnt. thats my opinion anyway. also i have had food allergy tests done and they all came up negative..but yet when I stayed away from alot of preservatives, it seemed a little better. So for two yrs I have avoided corn products..of all kinds, HFCS as well. Still i have been dizzy and the past 4 months I have really been going down hill. i was eating alot of organic foods as well. BUT i craved sweets like crazy. had to have something chocolatey. i love chocolate but it was an all day thing it seemed. I stumbled across a post accidently in a food allergy forum and someone mentioned candida albicans. i thought what is that..so i googled. and i was amazed of all the symptoms that fit. i have gone to 5 Drs..they cant find anything wrong with me. two i brought CA to them. one said it was rare and he doubted it and the other one told me i needed to see a shrink. LOL well thats when i was done with Drs and decided to take matters into my own hands. which has led me to here. i had already done a cleanse before i ever found this thinking i had some sort of toxins built up in me that eating was aggrevating it. I never lost any weight doing that. it was a slow cleansing. anyway, i have started the stage one diet as of this past Wednesday. and i have got to say, this is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do and ever heard of. i have heard of diets but this one is off the charts. anyway i started my stage one diet and i am 4 days into it and have already dropped 6 lbs. I am very weak although i have been eating..alot of eggs, some chicken and green beans and drinking tons of water. i am taking alot of vitamins and herbs. i have molybdenum, candidate, and almost every herb mentioned on this site. i was preparing for it all. but i am wondering if feeling so weak is normal. I mean..it is hard to walk across the room without being give out and out of breath? otherwise I am not so dizzy..mostly today not as dizzy. and chmicals make me dizzy also..all chemicals.
    so should/would i have tested positive with food allergies if i have Candida? i am also confused on what i can and cant eat. Can I have Oats? Oat Bran? some sort of Oat Bran oatmeal? can i have xylitol? can i have carob powder or unsweetened chocolate? thinking this i been feeling is part of the die off..I am taking molydbenum, milk thistle, and vit c. it seems in the late evening is when i feel better. not great but good enough to walk across the room without being totally exhausted. I also read no caned goods. i had not ever seen that on any post or diet so that one surprised me. i have been eating canned organics. although i noticed there are 2 grams of sugar in them which i dont think thats much at all.
    anyway, just trying to figure this all out but my most concern is my weakness.

PS all that so called unsweetened coconut and almond milk is like drinking milk of magnesia. it aint happening.. NASTY!! and i miss my milk.

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

I had extreme weakness as part of die off and it improved after a few weeks but still seems to come and go. Inbox Able for the forum allowable foods list. It’s challenging but continuing to live with Candida is worse and at least with this strict protocol there’s an end in sight….I’d rather have a stricter diet with health sooner than a more lenient diet where it would be even tougher to figure out which foods are causing what…

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Thanks Pattinoo.

Well Orka has said they had experienced it also. the last tow days have gotten a little better. I think it was going from one diet to a strict diet. My body was shocked. My body was use to feeding off of lots of sugar..now it has none. But now I am reading other posts of this..so I am assuming it is normal..but man its tough and scary…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just diagnosed – so much conflicting information!’ is closed to new replies.