Just been diagnosed – have a couple of questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just been diagnosed – have a couple of questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  UncleOxidant 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kiwi8
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello all,

I have just been diagnosed with candida, after seeing a naturopath for the past 4 months.
    I will finally be able to stop the bloating, bowel issues, fatigue and get my memory back (amongst many other things!)

Anyway,I have a couple of questions:

1. Does my partner need to be checked, if he has it, will it get passed back to me through sex?

2. What do you females use for contraception? I’ve been on the pill for years and now have to come off it, is Implanon ok (the rod they put in your arm)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kiwi8;31243 wrote: Hello all,
    I have just been diagnosed with candida, after seeing a naturopath for the past 4 months.
    I will finally be able to stop the bloating, bowel issues, fatigue and get my memory back (amongst many other things!)

Anyway,I have a couple of questions:

1. Does my partner need to be checked, if he has it, will it get passed back to me through sex?

2. What do you females use for contraception? I’ve been on the pill for years and now have to come off it, is Implanon ok (the rod they put in your arm)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Your partner should use condoms until your doctor says you are clear.

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

I recall hearing this 20 years ago the last time I had candida. But I have to say I’m skeptical of the claim that it can be passed that way (at least in such a way as it becomes a systemic infection).

First off, candida sp. yeasts are everywhere in our home, work and outside environments – you’re never going to be able to get away from them. The only reason we’ve become infected with it is due to an imbalance within our bodies. Either through antibiotics, steroids, hormones (contraceptives), stress or a combination of all of those things candida was able to gain a foothold and become overly dominant. When that imbalance is corrected then candida just becomes another part of the normal flora & fauna of our systems.

That said, if you’re having a specific vaginal yeast infection then, yes, as suggested by Able900 your partner should use a condom. But once the imbalance is corrected it shouldn’t be necessary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Just been diagnosed – have a couple of questions’ is closed to new replies.