jicama

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Crystal 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Crystal
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Has anyone tried eating jicama? I have been on this diet for about 4 weeks. I have strictly followed the foods to eat and not eat. I was wondering if jicama would negatively affect the candida.

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Crystal, welcome to the forum.

Jicama is one food we’ve not been asked about before, but I’ve actually eaten this tasty turnip-like vegetable in the home of a friend from South America. Not bad tasting at all, especially when you consider that the description would probably read something like; a root vegetable belonging the legume family having similar looks to the turnip with a woodsy, sweet taste.

These contain quite a bit of fiber, plus only 4 grams of carbohydrates for every 4 ounces of jicama, plus of course a small amount of sugar. I’m also guessing that it probably has a few antifungal properties as well.

Still, I would use it as a test food in the beginning, meaning try 4 or 5 bites the first time, and then wait a few days to try it again. If you can continue adding a bite or two every time you try it without any side effects, then I’d say yes, go ahead and place it in your diet enjoying it about once a week.

Able

Crystal
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you so much for your reply! I will try small amounts and see how it works out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘jicama’ is closed to new replies.