Itching white spots turn into rash, then blister. Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Itching white spots turn into rash, then blister. Candida?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HeatherJ 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

Hi Everyone!

So, this strange thing has been going on over the past week. It began with a series of small bruises on my upper thigh that evolved into bumps and then small blisters developed from small white dots that have been there for years. The skin on my calves & shins is covered with same white dots. A few days later, these white dots began to itch and then blister. Now I’m developing more little bruises…the itching has continued and I’m clueless.

I live in Holland and the doctors here aren’t especially inquisitive…having a clue before I go in would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Heather

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Did you make any changes recently in your diet or supplements?

-raster

HeatherJ

Okay…I fell off the wagon. About 6 weeks ago I went back to America for a visit. For the first two days of the visit I had no problem sticking to the diet. But I was totally alone for that time and was free to choose where I ate and didn’t have to explain all of this diet stuff to anyone. Then I went to a family member’s house for dinner and there was nothing I could eat…and figuring out sugar-free in America was really overwhelming, especially since I had been GF also. Eating out with family and friends, and the lure of a few treats, was too much temptation. Trying to explain my diet, while looking healthy and vibrant, brought more than a few eye-rolls and accusations of vanity and just “not wanting to get fat.”

The thing is, I feel horrible while on the Candida diet. I have no energy and am a shadow of myself. After eating “real food” again, I felt normal. Those who knew what I was going through suggested that maybe I was cured. I wanted to believe I was. Evidently not.

So, two weeks ago, I started back on the diet, joined a gym and was feeling okay. If I worked-out in the morning, the endorphins carried me a bit through the day. Then I had the break-out. I thought it was shingles. I tried this Candida protocol six years ago and came down with a horrible case of the shingles. I was in bed for weeks. Luckily, I went to the doctor within the first three days and received medication, so there was no long-term damage. Before the break-out I was really tired. I thought the fatigue was due to working-out. I would take a nap between 3-5 and then go to bed around 8:30 and then sleep through the night.

The other big change is that I learned I had parasites while I was in America. Upon my return, I ate 1×3 Tbl of crushed papaya seeds and seem to have gotten rid of the little critters. This has helped remarkably with the depression I have been plagued with since puberty.

So, yea…

Thanks Raster!

raster
    Participant

Have you been properly diagnosed with yeast overgrowth?

-raster

HeatherJ

Ha! This all began 10 years ago. At the time, I went to the doctors with lists of what were the beginnings of problems. I was dismissed-even denied additional insurance because I was considered a hypochondriac. Since the move to NL, stress pushed me over the edge and all existing symptoms worsened dramatically, and I developed new ones.

Doctors here don’t understand candida. I have taught my doctor, and three medical students, about candida. I’ve been on two rounds of diflucan with temporary success. I’ve taken numerous tests on-line which confirmed candida and seen a naturalist. While his diagnosis of candida with liver issues was astute, he gave me pills with sugar in them. he said that I did not need to worry so much about what I ate, as much as taking the supplements and getting rest.

I’m wondering if maybe the underlying issue is a thyroid one. Hypothyroidism is a family issue. But I know how going to the doctor will end: he did what he calls a complete blood panel and everything was good, except that I was a little low in Vitamin D.

But this skin eruption is so strange…it itches like a you know what. And the spots I have had for years blister, swell, itch. It has spread from my calves to my thighs and is now approaching my hips. Usually shingles start at the hips and stay on one side of the body.

Oh, and regarding the papaya seeds…I took 1 TBL of papaya 3 x a day for 2 weeks. Sorry. That wasn’t clear.

Again, thanks.

Heather

raster
    Participant

Well if skin problems are the main symptom, I would agree that it likely is related to your liver health. When your liver isn’t working properly, you need to detox via other methods such as via the skin or via the lungs. Have you tried doing anything to detox the toxins from your trip? Did you take any supplements while on the trip to aid your digestion and to prevent setbacks?

As far thyroid health, this is an underlying cause I think that most of us have…this is the most important part of your immune system from my experience. I would check your iodine levels to see if they are healthy.

Have you tested for liver enzymes?

I would focus on detoxing after the trip and hopefully the skin problems should get better. You could be having an allergic reaction to some of the foods you ate…

-raster

HeatherJ

Thanks. Toxic overflow was my guess as well. I’ve put off a detox until I could get a regular BM. In America I had no problem…I was having two or three BMs a day. I returned and so did the constipation. I have stretches that last 10+ days where nothing happens. The last thing I want to do is to try to detox waste I can’t dispose of. I’ve been trying a new probiotic and have resumed a sort of normal poop schedule. If I can keep it going for a week-2 more days-I will detox.

Yes, I did take digestive enzymes, lots of biotin, probiotics and a regular vitamin supplement. I didn’t think it seemed smart to take anti-fungals while knowingly being off diet.

I did just start taking a kelp supplement (iodine) and selenium. My energy level is markedly better. And the rash began before the supplements, so that isn’t it.

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

I used to get little white dots on my face just on my cheek under my eyes, they look like small zits but would last for months. I never knew what they where but can only assume now that they where related to Candida, If they where old enough I could push and eventually pinch the little thing out without issue. i thought before it was cholesterol related but still got them after a huge change in diet. I also got dry skin spots on the back of my hand, like a little red bruise and it would get dry and make a little white scab. About 2 years went by and picking it makes it a lot bigger so I put antibacterial neosporin on it and their gone in a week.

Ruth
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

What parasite did you have?

HeatherJ

Ruth,

They appeared to be hookworms. Since the papaya seed regimen I feel as if the “brain cloud” has been lifted. I used to feel the gloom come in like the tide. Now, even when i’m upset, that sense of dark gloom doesn’t wash in. And my BMs appear more normal. And I promise you, there is nothing sweet about well-cleaned papaya seeds. They are peppery. The easiest way to take them was to clean them, put them in a blender with a little water, pulse a few times and store the masticated seeds in the fridge-swalloing a TBL after mealtime. This method is much better than chewing. Bleck! One large Mexican style papaya rendered about 4 TBl of seeds.

The seeds are harmless in these doses, unless you are pregnant or trying to conceive. I would have to say that this protocol has been one of the best things I’ve done for my health.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Itching white spots turn into rash, then blister. Candida?’ is closed to new replies.