Is this normal??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this normal??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  littlelacey 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

littlelacey
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I have been ill for about three years after a couple of strong courses of antibiotics and stumbled across this website and think that candida is what is wrong with me as I have nearly all the symptoms. I started the diet and antifungals etc and felt great for the first three weeks. After that I went back downhill with headaches and tired spells. I haven’t eaten anything I shouldn’t have and am doing nothing different than I was at the start. Is this normal?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like and what supplements are you taking? It sounds like you are still experiencing die-off and/or allergic reactions.

-raster

littlelacey

Diet is fresh veg and salad off the foods to eat list, organic chicken and steak, eggs, quinoa, brown rice, coconut bread and I cook everything in coconut oil. I have lactose free milk and gluten free brown rice cakes. I drink chicory or water. I take a 3 billion probiotic, oregano oil, Pau d’arco and caprylic alternated every two weeks and have just ordered cloves, black walnut and wormwood oil to start. Do you think it could still be die off or allergic reaction, I”m confused as I felt so good to begin with! Also I’ m not really sure how many probiotics and supplements I’m meant to take every day. I keep a food diary but can’t really see any thing obvious at the moment that’s causes this.

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

littlelacey;29988 wrote: Diet is fresh veg and salad off the foods to eat list, organic chicken and steak, eggs, quinoa, brown rice, coconut bread and I cook everything in coconut oil. I have lactose free milk and gluten free brown rice cakes. I drink chicory or water. I take a 3 billion probiotic, oregano oil, Pau d’arco and caprylic alternated every two weeks and have just ordered cloves, black walnut and wormwood oil to start. Do you think it could still be die off or allergic reaction, I”m confused as I felt so good to begin with! Also I’ m not really sure how many probiotics and supplements I’m meant to take every day. I keep a food diary but can’t really see any thing obvious at the moment that’s causes this.

This is the link to the forum post I made a week or so ago. Read the responses, I think they will be helpful to you, at least until you get some smarter people on here that can answer your questions personally 🙂
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5632_pleas-help-Candida-is-killing-me–9-months-and-I-m-worse-then-ever—-seriously-please-help.aspx

littlelacey

Thanks for the link. I will stop the steak and rice and see what happens. I do have buckwheat and fish as suggested but forgot to mention that. My only problem is I have lost soo much weight that I am under 6 stone now( I was never big anyway- about 7.2 stone) but I can’t afford to lose anymore! What can I eat to help with this?

I am now confused as have looked at the stage two foods to eat list and it has beef and brown rice as ok foods to eat!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello littlelacey,

Here’s the thing about the food list. There’s the forum food list (email able900 for a copy) and there is the website food list (not strict whatsoever) and then there is the food list that is best for you (which could be a combination of the two, etc).

Steak ferments in the gut. Milk is an allergen. Brown rice and rice cakes are high in starch. Quinoa ferments in the gut and is an allergen. I would email able for the strict food list and try this out for stage 1. The diet is only half of the battle.

The single most important thing you need for the diet is probiotics and ideally you need 30-90 billion cfu probiotics per day to get better. 3 billion per day is just not going to cut it. We recommend high strength high strain probiotics on the forum, and this alone can help significantly.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

Additionally, you should only take 2-4 antifungals at a time so the more is not the merrier. You could feel worse from taking so many and antifungals will not cure the infestation.

You need to reduce the inflammation of the gut in order to heal leaky gut and get better. A lot of the foods you have listed are inflammatory and thus make things worse. I would check out this website to see which foods are inflammatory and high in starch, etc:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

A lot of people experience weight loss at first and then gain it back as they get healthy. Your body uses it food stores (fat, muscle, bones, etc) to fight off this infection and its rather difficult to get proper nutrition. I would get a whole bunch of vitamins (abcdek) and minerals (zinc, magnesium, selenium, calcium, iodine, etc) and this can help reduce the weight loss because your body will get the nutrients it needs to heal.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Here is our protocol if you haven’t seen it. It has helped many people get better:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I will write more in time.

-raster

littlelacey

Thank you so much for all your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is this normal??’ is closed to new replies.