Is this Candida (stool pic link) ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this Candida (stool pic link) ??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

steedaunh32
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi All,

New to the forums but unfortunately not new to digestive disorders and distress. Lifelong IBS-C with several food intolerances that I’m just now discovering in my late twenties. Since the end of July, my constipation started to get really bad – my colon feels paralyzed and I really struggle to move stool – and that’s when I first noticed the white specks/seeds/stringy mucus in my stool. The past 3 months have really been difficult in terms of quality of life, and I’m trying to determine if this is in fact Candida in my intestines or a parasite, or both…or neither. I had a pelvic exam done last week and the doctor also noted that there was yeast present (which I’ve never had before), and put me on a 9 day antifungal treatment that I just completed (fluconazole). Also, FWIW, I’ve been waking up feeling very anxious, having tingling and prickly feelings in my legs and feet especially, and have noticed that I’ve been getting more tension / ice pick headaches.Have a referral in to see the GI next week but I feel these things often go overlooked, and I’d love some personal advice or opinions as to what this might be.

Here’s the picture: http://imgur.com/2A3gJDu

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want diagnosis, I would check out the candia5 test. I don’t think anyone should diagnose anyone else on the internet.

-raster

steedaunh32
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

raster;60368 wrote: If you want diagnosis, I would check out the candia5 test. I don’t think anyone should diagnose anyone else on the internet.

-raster

I agree. I was just hoping someone might look at the picture and be able to say that it looks like it could be A or B, or I’m experiencing something similar, etc. I would do the Candia5 but I know it will be positive because I just went for an internal pelvic exam 10 days ago and dr. saw yeast from the swab test. I’ve just never dealt with yeast before and the white seeds / specks / mucus in my bowel is certainly new to me; trying to wade through the massive amounts of information and possibilities so I can properly ask and request specific testing (comp. stool sample, breath test) from the GI next week.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There’s always the possibility of co-infections so I recommend doing those other tests also, examples would include h.pylori, SIBO, strept, etc.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

My stool often looks very similar. I have no gut problems. I think what we see here is just the normal mix of more and less completely digested parts of your food – which is quite normal, I think.

Rabelais

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Yeah mine looks the same, and from my experience there is no candida there. In fact I have never seen candida flakes or cotton balls as they’re referred to in mine. Even when I started the detox + antifungals last year I never got any. Still think I have candida though.

I have severe dysbiosis and self diagnosed as IBS-C like you. Probiotics will help you to be more regular, and try magnesium citrate too. I take 2 per day, 3 if I’m constpated.

I only started getting those specs/seeds/undigested food things since May this year, and I have bad bloating and leaky gut. It has improved since I started digestive enyzmes, but still get some like that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this Candida (stool pic link) ??’ is closed to new replies.