Is there such thing as too much Stevia?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is there such thing as too much Stevia?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lettingo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

I find myself drinking a lot of tea w/ stevia in it all day long, wondering if a large amount of stevia will feed candida in any way. I have read all over the place that stevia does not feed candida but what about in larger amounts?

I ask because I was going through die off this morning (cold sweats, weakness) and after drinking a lot of tea w/ stevia it resided. Kind of made me wonder.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

lettingo wrote: I find myself drinking a lot of tea w/ stevia in it all day long, wondering if a large amount of stevia will feed candida in any way. I have read all over the place that stevia does not feed candida but what about in larger amounts?

Too much of anything can be bad for you. What type of Stevia were you using? Look for the ingredients on the box.
    Also, what type of tea?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would take it easy and only use a light sprinkle of it. The only drawback I know of is that it can cause mucus production, which protects the candida. You want to destroy the mucoids!

-Raster

lettingo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Ok, thanks. I’m using stevia extract, vanilla flavor. It has stevia and ‘natural flavouring’. The tea i’m drinking it with is a chinese herbal tea mix (it has licorice root also, how is that??) and also ginger/cinnamon tea.

I had no idea stevia could promote mucus formation. That’s good to know. So it’s probably not the worst thing to have a little too much of… But will hinder the process a bit I take it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Most extracts contain alcohol, is yours alcohol-free?

Licorice root is fine, in fact, it’s good for you. It’s also a cleansing herb which probably helped a bit with the die-off symptoms, so is ginger.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is there such thing as too much Stevia?’ is closed to new replies.