Is there anything I can take to ease the sugar withdrawal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is there anything I can take to ease the sugar withdrawal?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

When I have sugar my body basically becomes a slave to it. I can spend days on end doing nothing but eating sugar and fantasizing about my next fix. I feel like a drug addict, chocolate is the hardest to quit. Naturally this is making starting the candida diet incredibly difficult. I have all the desire in the world to get healthy but as soon as I pass a box of chocolate chip cookies all common sense goes out the window and I start salivating.

Is there anything I can take, maybe certain supplements or herbal teas, that can help ease my system and detox me faster? I like the idea of eating nothing but vegetables and meat, but when I actually try it I go into such awful withdrawal that I become unable to function. I just want to get past the first 2 weeks because I feel like this is the big hurdle and after that it’ll be easier

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

lbrenner800;50776 wrote: I just want to get past the first 2 weeks because I feel like this is the big hurdle and after that it’ll be easier

If you stick to nothing but meat/vegetables for a week the cravings should go away. It is just an initial hurdle like you said that you have to get over. That has been my experience anyways.

oneflyride
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Try to get more fats in the form of avocado/olive,coconut oil/ nuts etc. They should help too.

chloerachelle
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 1

Small regular doses of vitamin C help with sugar cravings and help ease sugar withdrawals.

Vitamin C and sugar both fight for cell absorption

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

During that time I ate A LOT. While it only helped the cravings to go away a little…
    Just don’t buy these stuff and you don’t have this distraction.
    Also, try to relax as much as possible. I started the diet during my vacation. I wasn’t able to do much the first two weeks. After that, the cravings almost completely disappeared (by some exceptions).

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Historically, refined sugar was used almost as a “drug” – ‘they’ got such a rush from refined sugar, like meth or coke, I would imagine. That being the case, it’s an addiction to refined sugars which are the cravings which do go away over time, once you cease sugar.

Sugar isn’t bad per say, as Able has pointed out even a head of lettuce contains 6gs of sugar and of course, most food is converted into blood glucose.

Yet, I feel you. It’s tough to get over the cravings. For a time I would take a sip of ACV w/mother and it would quell sugar cravings. It’s something I’m still struggling with.

Many blessings along your healing journey.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I am 32 and I ate at least 4 chocolate bars a day, ice cream everyday, plus lots of sugar my whole life. I had to stop cold turkey last year. The cravings go away once you stay away from the sugar. There was a study that sugar is as addictive as cocaine. That is awful but I know how it feels. I don’t eat sugar anymore other than natural sugars. I feel so much heathier without the sugar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is there anything I can take to ease the sugar withdrawal?’ is closed to new replies.