Is Kefir supposed to be sour? Psunami in Stomach? Kombucha question also

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Kefir supposed to be sour? Psunami in Stomach? Kombucha question also

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  karencroskrey 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jayjonbeach
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey all. Just bought Kefir for the first time last night (not a fan of yogurt either) and MAN IS IT SOUR! YUCK! I bought low fat (maybe 0 can’t remember), it had 5 grams of sugar (something I was leary of also, but understand maybe the bacteria have eaten it) but boy it is NOT sweet!

I know its best to make at home, but I am just wondering if all Kefir is generally sour, or is it maybe a bad batch or due to the low fat version I bought?

—-

I also had trouble sleeping last night due to the psunami in my gut after! I did not eat very much, but boy it had some effect (no die-off however). I am taking other probiotics, and also drinking Kombucha (LOVE this stuff) so could be some competition going on in there too not sure, or just my body has to get used to it. I am allergic to Mold, and Penicillin, likely yeast too (not sure on this, seems likely) and I seen today somewhere that Kefir has yeast?

No funny stuff from the Kombucha thankfully, and boy this stuff is delicious. Does anyone know if there are ONLY Prebiotics in Kombucha or is there Probiotics too? (seen conflicting opinions on this)

TIA

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The kombucha and probiotics are likely cancelling eachother out so I would not consume them at the same time. The kombucha, if its not homemade, is likely high in sugar content. Kombucha contains a yeast called s. boulardii which we’ve talked about a bunch on the forum. The kefir contains a variety of yeast strains too, the amount depends on whether its commercial or homemade.

Kefir is sour like sour cream which is also a dairy product. Yogurt is generally sour if left unsweetened.

-raster

karencroskrey
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 17

I sure hope so because the kefir I make is super sour!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is Kefir supposed to be sour? Psunami in Stomach? Kombucha question also’ is closed to new replies.