Is it possible to have too much?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it possible to have too much?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fml432 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

My story so far: First topic, Second topic

Quick update before my question (skip if you want, it isn’t entirely relevant):

Okay, so I’m still concerned about whether or not I’m doing the diet right. I have to wait on antifungals and probiotics until I have the money to get it, but so far I’ve been following the wonderful tips you guys have provided as best I can. Still suffering from infection, unfortunately. I have a few ideas of what may be causing it: I’m still drinking almond milk as it’s the only thing I have at the moment (it’s unsweetened)–but I was going to try and look for unsweetened coconut milk today. I made some coconut bread, excluding some of the bad ingredients I was using before, and eating buckwheat, but I use Truvia on those. Could that be a reason my infection is still here? Perhaps I could be drinking more water than I am, too. Yesterday I didn’t eat so well, but I almost took it as a good sign–my body didn’t suffer as much cravings. (Out of the whole day, I only had four eggs and a slice of coconut bread, then later an avocado.) Still have left overs. Sometimes I really just can’t come up with anything else to eat, and if there was extra from the other day… *shrugs*

Ah, and I’ve yet to do the cleanse. I tried to do the site’s cleanse, and by the end of the second night I couldn’t stand and was throwing up. Not really eager to repeat the process.

So there’s my quick update, here’s my actual question:

Can you have too much truvia? I typically have between one to three packets a day, and that’s not including the 9 packets I used in my coconut bread when I baked it (which leaves me wondering how much I’m really having per day whenever I have a slice). Also, can I have too much buckwheat? It’s really filling and I had it twice in a day once when I was eyeing the “bad” food in my refrigerator. That really saved me, I thought.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Fml;
    In your first post on May 14, you talked about being on the diet for five weeks, but you also mentioned that you had ‘messed’ up with cheese pizza, fried chicken, French fries fried in potato oil, two gulps of some fruity alcohol, and a biscuit with gravy. At that point you basically stopped the treatment, and returned to the original point before you started the diet five weeks earlier. Just this past Monday you wrote that a few times with a few weeks separating them, you had mistakenly thought you could have milk, or were unknowingly fed something bad by your husband. I hope you understand that, with this information I have to ask, have you ‘messed’ up the diet again since then? I’m asking you if everything you now eat everyday is a food item that’s on the “Allowed Foods” list shown in a post on the forum. Because if you have or continue to do so, you can expect the treatment to be lengthened each time that happen, of course it also means that the vaginal yeast infection you have will not go away.

You stated that for two weeks or so you had been taking acidophilus Pearls – 1 billion per pearl – sometimes twice a day. This hasn’t made a dent in the infestation as you need at least 30 times that amount.

You said that you use almond milk as a substitute for dairy milk. You should leave the almond milk out of the diet since you’re not improving, if you feel that you absolutely must have a milk substitute, choose pure, unsweetened coconut milk – not coconut water, but the pure milk, this normally comes in a can instead of a carton.

On Nov. 7 you wrote that you sometimes have brown rice pasta and ordinary brown rice. Both of these are feeding the Candida and therefore preventing you from seeing a definite improvement.

Quote: Ah, and I’ve yet to do the cleanse. I tried to do the site’s cleanse, and by the end of the second night I couldn’t stand and was throwing up. Not really eager to repeat the process.

Reply: Don’t repeat the site’s cleanse, instead use the one posted on the forum.
    Proper and Safe Cleanse: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Quote: Can you have too much truvia? I typically have between one to three packets a day, and that’s not including the 9 packets I used in my coconut bread when I baked it (which leaves me wondering how much I’m really having per day whenever I have a slice). Also, can I have too much buckwheat?

Reply: I don’t think that Truvia or buckwheat is your problem, but rather the food you’re eating and a lack of probiotics. Why do you put Truvia in the coconut bread? It sounds as if you may still be craving sugar or a sweet taste.

You should be drinking a LOT of water every day, and nothing else unless you want to drink fresh lemon water.

Able

fml432

Sorry I’m not trying to be a pest.

In my May 14th post, I knew that I’d been sent back to square one, but that was following the site’s diet, not yours, so I wasn’t on the right track anyway. Since you and raster told me about your version of the diet a few days ago, I have eaten NOTHING but what is allowed on the food list you made–that is, except for the almond milk as mentioned above. I haven’t made any allowances, no deviations other than the milk. I have to point out that I had no idea you guys had made a food list before Nov 7th, so technically I’ve been unknowingly eating the wrong things up until that moment, so there’s no real way for me to answer your question of “how many times I’ve gone off the diet”. I haven’t had large amounts of almond milk these past few days either. Maybe 1/4 a cup, and I haven’t had any today or yesterday. I put truvia in the bread because I was expecting it to be needed for flavor. The rice bread was horrifically bland, and I was expecting the same for the coconut bread.

I’ll up my water intake and see about starting the cleanse. Maybe tomorrow as I’ve already eaten today.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you can eat other things to have 4 course meals, this would be best. Add in some veggies, oat bran/rice bran, and eggs as examples. The probiotics are the single most important thing you need to get better, so if you aren’t seeing any improvements, its because you haven’t been taking the supplements that will heal and cure. It may also be because you aren’t eating enough; this is very important as well.

The diet can only do so much to improve the body; the supplements are the other part of the puzzle (in my opinion).

Try the half buckwheat flour and half coconut flour recipe; this gives you a much more filling bread.

Have you had any die-off episodes?

Can you afford to make some homemade kefir?

-Raster

fml432

Homemade kefir sounds doubtful–it’s a stretch getting good probiotics and antifungals right now. Guess I’m having sugar cravings. Thought I was gonna lose it today when I saw everyone I know eating chips and sweets around me. Since my last topic, I haven’t had any feelings of nausea or dizziness–just a bit of fatigue and a low mood.

Able900
    Spectator

fml432 wrote: Homemade kefir sounds doubtful— Since my last topic, I haven’t had any feelings of nausea or dizziness–just a bit of fatigue and a low mood.

Just curious here; why does homemade kefir sound doubtful?

The fatigue and low mood sounds like it might be die-off symptoms. Can you get molybdenum or take a sauna and/or soak in hot tub of water? If so, all of these can cause die-off symptoms to lessen.

Able

fml432

I’ll confess I didn’t look it up. I guess it isn’t that bad.

Able900
    Spectator

fml432 wrote: I’ll confess I didn’t look it up. I guess it isn’t that bad.

I don’t’ know what you’re referring to by “it”. The yogurt? Who said it was bad?

fml432

By “it” I meant the process of making kefir, ingredients and all related to it. No one told me it was bad. When I said “doubtful” I meant “doubtful for my current budget”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to have too much?’ is closed to new replies.