Is it candida die off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it candida die off?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wanttolive 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wanttolive
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi all,

I have urticarea, heart burn, little oral thrush in mouth and full body hair loss for last almost 2 and half years. They all started together. I have been on medication for urticarea for all this while. It remains under control when I am taking those pills. And, if I stop it comes back with full force in 2-3 days. For heart-burn, I take antacids chewable tablets.

Recently, I started searching on Internet about my symptoms and was surprised to know that Candida can cause almost all the symptoms that I am suffering from. The most important relation was “sugar”. Yes, since my childhood iteslf I have been a sugar savvy. One can imagine my sugar craving that I take 3 teaspoon full of sugar in one cup of tea. So much, that if I did not take sweet tea in the morning, whole day I used to have head ache.

I dont know why but I feel that sugar is the reason for all my problems. Though, I have never been diagnosed as diabetic.

I have still not started the full restricted candida diet as yet. But I have removed sugar completely from my diet for last 15 days. No dairy products (expect probiotic yoghurt, butter and ghee). No fruits at all. And, most important I have not taken urticarea medicine for last 15 days. The itching is there but controllable. I am taking stevia sweetners in my herbal teas.

I have reduced my intake of wheat flour. I eat 2 chapatis only in a day and eat more of vegetables (brocolli, cabbage and other suggested on this website).

I am also taking powder based probiotic. One teaspoon full mixed in water before bed.

Initially, I felt some excessive pain my throat after removing sugar from my diet. It was like swollen. It was there for 4-5 days. Now it is reduced a lot. May be it is die-off may be not.

But I was happy because my itching is reduced and also the oral thrush was decreasing and heart burn seems to be abated. But suddenly since yesterday, the oral thrush has started increasing again. earlier it was only on the right side of my tongue and little bit inside the right cheek. Since yesterday it has started appearing on my lower lip and mouth is so much dry from inside. Now I am little scared.

Has anyone experienced this pattern ?

Regards

wanttolive

Any one??

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi,

I have had candida overgrowth for around 2 years and been on the diet+ antifungals+probitoics for 3 months now. Also having milk thistle for liver support. Saw a naturopath on Dec 21 for the first time, and she increased my dosage of caprylic acid to 2 tablets x 2 times a day. With 2 days of the increased dose, I had severe body pain, pain in my arms, legs, back, neck, shoulders….morning, noon and night. I checked with the doc and she said this was die off and it would last 7-10 days. She was right. Its over now since around 2 Jan.

But I guess different people have different die off symptoms based on what toxins are being released/level of infestation etc.

GK

Also, if your oral thrush is spreading to your lips and other parts of your mouth, it seems that your infestation might be increasing. I think you need to cut out the wheat (chapatis) and all refined carbs, starchy fruits/vegetables and sugar totally. Try having raw (brown) rice. And I think you need to start the strict diet asap + antifungals & probiotics. Good luck.

LilDonnie
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

If you look up die off through this forum you will see that it can range from varying symptoms. It’s hard to tell what is related to die off and what is a candida reaction, because they feel to be differing for every person. If you think it’s the sugar that has been the problem then I would just keep trying the candida diet and possibly slow down on the probiotics and just see how your body keeps reacting, but if your digestion is impaired from not taking them I would not stop them. You want to keep digesting food as normal as possible.

Also search the forums for oral thrush as die off and such. It always helped me to see at least one person with the same problem. It gave me some relief.

Hope this helps, sorry it’s not that great of an answer.

Brendon

wanttolive

Dear GK and LilDonnie,

thank you both, for your valuable responses.

GK, you are suggesting for RAW brown rice. What does that mean? do you mean to eat it as it is or can I cook it a little bit like boiling or steaming it up?

For last 15 days, I have not taken any kind of sugar at all. Not even fruits. yes, I am taking bare minimum stevia sweetners.

I am also taking 2-3 big cloves of raw garlic every day. After eating garlic I feel cramps in my stomach for atleast 10 minutes and then it goes away. And, it happens everytime after dose of garlic. I dont know if I should be concerned about it.

I live in Europe so can not buy the products on this website so I am buying equivalents available here. They are all swiss or german products.

As of now die-off (if it is) is not killing me. Even oral thrush as such is not painful. its just that it seems to be spreading a little bit. But I have decided not to give up so soon and continue with what I am doing. I will remove chapatis from my diet and see if it changes anything.

Heart burn seems to have gone away but instead now but it looks it is replaced by bitter throat symptom. but it is tolerable compared to heart burn.

full body hair loss is still a big problem.

Regards

GK

Hi Wanttolive,

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems. I am not sure if all your symptoms are related to candida, but since you have oral thrush, I guess you do have candida infestation.

– By raw rice (brown or red rice), I mean that this is not ‘polished’ or refined in any way. You can surely cook it (I usually boil it and add some salt and cummin seeds for taste).

– I have garlic, ginger, onions (all raw) + coconut oil and scraped coconut + olives + turmeric every day as natural anti-fungals. Raw garlic is pretty strong and if you already have heartburn issues, then I think 2-3 cloves every day maybe a lot….try having just 1-2 and see if it works. I usually have garlic at night time since it tends to produce some gas.

– Also avoid all starchy vegetables & fruits (potatoes, tapioca, bananas, carrots etc).

I have been on the diet plan for 3 months, but I assume it will take about 8-12 months to get rid of this 🙁

wanttolive

Thank you GK,

sugar, fruits and starchy vegetables mentioned by you are already out
    🙂
    I have brought coconut milk and take 3-4 spoons each day. and I am also taking ginger tea 4-5 times in a day. I will reduce garlic from 3 to 2 cloves from today.

when I had this urticarea (whole body itching problem) I went to my dermatoligst and he put me on some urticaria medicine which I had been taking for 2+ years till 15 days back.

One thing is sure that after removing sugar my itching problems is quite reduced and since heart burn is also gone so i think it is candida.

may be hair loss is not related.

I am gradually, strengthning my anti-cadida diet.

GK

Luckily I don’t have any skin problems due to candida….mine is basically a gut overgrowth and was causing chronic fatigue, extreme sugar cravings and terrible brain fog. I guess your infestation is worse than mine.

What surprises me about candida is how resilient and adaptable this darn thing is (inspite of all the stuff I’ve been taking). It just doesn’t give up………it could probably colonize Mars if it was introduced there.

Good luck to all of us.

wanttolive

“.it could probably colonize Mars if it was introduced there.”

haha good one ! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is it candida die off?’ is closed to new replies.