Is it a good idea to break from your anti-fungals for a while to give your body a rest?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it a good idea to break from your anti-fungals for a while to give your body a rest?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’ve been strict on the diet and I am seeing some encouraging fruit in terms of my well-being increasing.

I have been aggressive with my anti fungals and been mixing and matching them. I figure every three or four weeks that my liver and kidneys deserve a break and so I don’t take anti fungals for that week. Then I restart them.

Is it wise to give your body a break like this, or am I unwittingly giving my candida a chance to regroup and multiply. Should I just “truck on through” and blitzkrieg the candida?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How long have you been on the diet?

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

About 16 weeks. I figure its good to give your liver a break every few weeks for 5 days or so.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d consider continuing to take them for a few more months. Which antifungals are you taking? If you wanted you could switch to SF722 which isn’t as strong as the other antifungals but just as effective.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

Thanks. I was thinking of SF722 because I’ve tried a lot of others: Oil of Oregano, Garlic supp, Pao DArco, GSE, CatsClaw, coconut oil, nystatin, diflucan, and others. Oil of Oregano is still my weapon of choice. That thing seems to be strong.
    Mind you, it seems to be working as I feel a ton better compared to three months ago. My tongue is still getting coated so I sense there’s more antifungaling to be done.
    I read with interest Impssible’s post on the Mythelation cycle a few days ago and might ask my doc to set up a SNP test for me as well as a mercury test.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it a good idea to break from your anti-fungals for a while to give your body a rest?’ is closed to new replies.