Is Candida contagious?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Candida contagious?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Everyone has candida, so I wouldn’t think so.

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Yes

I know I caught it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its possible; people who have a suppressed immune system are more susceptible to getting it. I do not think there is any scientific evidence though.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Bucephalus wrote: Yes. I know I caught it.

Can you explain how you caught it?

Able

Bucephalus

Ok, but you’re probably going to laugh at this story.
    I was working as a software engineer in Wollongong, which is just south of Sydney. Anyway, in the units I lived there was a lady who had a friend. It turned out she liked me. THis lady had googly eyes a bit, and also, she reckons she has a goitre, or thyroid problems. At that stage, I didn’t know anything about candida. ANyway, I made a big mistake. I slept with her without protect, and I also kissed here. I didn’t notice anything until after, but when she was laying in bed her breath was so bad, I thought she was going to die. I told her she has to go, her breath is just too bad, and I had a shower becuase I felt so bad, guilty and stupid.

Anyway, over the next few weeks I had some strange symptoms, misty urine, nose bleeds suddenly. Just a few that I really didn’t think much about it.
    Then on Saturday, the 1st of March 2008, basically 8 weeks later. I woke up the with the same horrible breath and a white tongue. The breath was very distinct. I hadn’t had any antibiotics in the months leading up to this. But I do know that when I was younger I used to always go to the doctor and get amoxylin if I was slightly getting sick.

So no proof, but the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming for me to conclude that I caught this illness from someone else. So, I was healthy, then after contact with that lady, I’m not healthy. This is why I’m not sure as to the cause of candida. Is Candida the infection? Or is it just the biproduct of some other infection? But basically I know that some microbe entered my body and caused illness. So I mustn’t have had that in my body before i met this lady, otherwise I would have been sick already before i met her.

Saying that, “everyone has it in their body already”, well that doesn’t completely add up with my situation. SOmething was introduced to my body that causes the same symtpoms that lady had, the distinctly bad breath. Maybe I have something different to anti-biotic induced candida, but I have white tongue, bad breath, I had bloating earlier but not now, rectal itching, irritated red and puffy eyes in hte morning when I wake up, the number one sign that I have it is that doctors look at my tongue and say it’s not white and do all the tests under the sun and nothing shows up, then they sent me to a shrink. The shrink asked, “How can I help you”, and I poked my tongue out and I said, “make this go away”. Oh, I pulled my tongue in before I said that though.

David.

Bucephalus

Oh, and I’m going to see a gastroenterologist today so if anyone has any suggestions as to what to ask, please go ahead and suggest.

David.

Able900
    Spectator

Bucephalus wrote: Saying that, “everyone has it in their body already”, well that doesn’t completely add up with my situation. SOmething was introduced to my body that causes the same symtpoms that lady had

Thanks for taking the time to explain, David.

The problem is there are two different types of Candida. There’s Candida yeast, which everyone has, then there’s the fungal form of Candida which is normally Candida albicans, which is the type that usually causes the infestations. This is likely the type that the lady introduced you to.

As far as you catching it from her is concerned, “unprotected sex” was the key along with the fact that your body had to be set and ready for the infestation to occur which means the stage was already set. Your immune system would already have to be suffering to some degree, and I doubt that you were on the healthiest diet in the world, right? As they say, the ‘perfect storm’ came together, and unfortunately you’re now suffering the consequences.

Able

Bucephalus

So does this mean it’s all throughout my body. For instance in the urinary tract now?
    Or is it just in my intestines now?

Able900
    Spectator

Bucephalus wrote: So does this mean it’s all throughout my body. For instance in the urinary tract now?
    Or is it just in my intestines now?

I have no way of knowing that, David. But just because you have an overgrowth of Candida doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s all over your body, although it’s not unusual with an infestation.

Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is Candida contagious?’ is closed to new replies.