Inulin from Now Foods is 100% Blue Agave currently

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Inulin from Now Foods is 100% Blue Agave currently

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lee26 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tysongustus
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

FYI, this is what the manufacturer has told me about their Organic powdered Inulin product…

Hello Tyson,

Currently it is 100% Blue Agave sourced. We don’t have a Chicory source. Sorry

Thank you for your inquiry,
    NOW Product Information Group

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

tysongustus;46896 wrote: FYI, this is what the manufacturer has told me about their Organic powdered Inulin product…

Hello Tyson,

Is there a problem with that? Surely its just an extract in the same way as citrus bioflavonoids shouldn’t cause a reaction because of there source?

tysongustus

eskimo_pup;46916 wrote:

FYI, this is what the manufacturer has told me about their Organic powdered Inulin product…

Hello Tyson,

Is there a problem with that? Surely its just an extract in the same way as citrus bioflavonoids shouldn’t cause a reaction because of there source?

I know blue agave is used as a sweetener, so I’d suspect that this source is more sugary than chicory root or garlic inulin. But I’m not an expert on such things.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Don’t take this. I did for a week and it definitely causes candida to grow. It was the Now foods brand.

-MGL

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

An alternative product is the inulin that standard process makes. There are many other brands that make chickory root inulin as well.

-raster

tysongustus

raster;47017 wrote: An alternative product is the inulin that standard process makes. There are many other brands that make chickory root inulin as well.

-raster

Thanks, raster!!

So, I admit I’m a bit confused still about inulin in general.

Able says that “raw chicory root” is the #1 best source of inulin that you can take in order to grow friendly good bacteria. But, there is also discussion about NOT taking powdered inulin because it grows the candida. So… Am I to assume that inulin *in general* should be avoided because it might be derived from blue agave, for example? And instead buy a chicory root sourced brand of inulin powder? Because I haven’t been able to find raw chicory root except in the form of bark like from a tree…

http://www.amazon.com/Chicory-Root-Raw-Cut-Sifted/dp/B002DXXBV2/ref=sr_1_2

lee26
    Topics: 0

I came across some chicory root in powder form on ebay(UK). Not sure if they ship to the US but if not maybe their is something similar on the US ebay.

Chicory Root Powder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Inulin from Now Foods is 100% Blue Agave currently’ is closed to new replies.