intro Lynda

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

Well, my story is somewhat of a long one, and a little different than most, although the same in many ways too. My family traveled to Mexico in 2005 and we all contracted cryptosporidium (an intestinal parasite). My son was 10 and had major complications and just could not kick it. I also had trouble getting rid of it, and actually still have it, although it’s reduced in its effect. We have since discovered that my entire family suffers from a genetic immune disorder (that we didn’t know about) that makes it very tough to fight disease. About a year ago, after many years of issues related to the parasite, I developed some other new major problems. I had a sharp tingling and sharp shooting pains and pressure in my neck back and shoulders. I had a huge lump in my throat and couldn’t swallow, along with stuff oozing out of my chin, and white pimples all over my chin (I never have those). I felt very fatigued, and had thrush on my tongue that burned. My immunologist diagnosed esophageal candida and put me on a high does of dilflucan 200mg daily (with my immune condition even the 200 didn’t work and I had to increase to 400 and even 600 on some days). I took the diflucan for over a year. I now have a yeast sinus infection and am taking ketoconazole in a spray form (it was amazingly effective). I was not advised to, and didn’t really alter my diet much, although I developed severe intolerance for most foods (they would bring back the shooting pains in my neck and shoulders). I cut out refined sugar, but not sweetener, and it didn’t really get better. I recently visited a holistic center in Boston that combines traditional and holistic medicine and I just started the Candida diet on Monday. I’m already feeling better. I know I have a long way to go, and this diet is a killer, don’t know how I can do it and not cheat. I didn’t do a cleanse, does that make a real difference? With my situation, (being that the continual reinfection with the parasite causes ongoing reinfection with the yeast) I think a more steady path for me is best, rather than radical measures to kill it all off at once. I’m taking pharmacuetical antifungals but no natural ones at this point. I’m taking (50 billion) probiotic daily. Am I on the right path?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Quote: I didn’t do a cleanse, does that make a real difference?

Reply: It’s good to remove as many toxins as possible from the body right from the beginning, but lots of people choose not to do this. You can still cure your infestation, the detox period normally just hastens the response time.
    With my situation, (being that the continual reinfection with the parasite causes ongoing reinfection with the yeast) I think a more steady path for me is best, rather than radical measures to kill it all off at once.

Reply: Well you can’t kill it off with the diet anyway. And the process has to be taken slowly to prevent an overload of toxins for the liver and other organs which often happens anyway.

Quote: I’m taking pharmacuetical antifungals but no natural ones at this point. I’m taking (50 billion) probiotic daily. Am I on the right path?

Reply: I don’t know. A few questions answered might help;

Which probiotic are you taking? (brand name)

Which diet are you on, the one on the forum or the one on the site?

Just for your information, the natural antifungals work just as well as the doctor prescribed ones do, and in many cases, better. One of the very best is organic virgin coconut oil. It not only kills the Candida with its fatty acids, but it’s also a whole food which will benefit you in many other ways.

It would be helpful to know exactly what you’re eating that isn’t on the diet located on the link below.
    http://www.thecandidadie…ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

All of the information you’ll probably need for the time being is located on the link below.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Able

immunetroubles

hi Able

Thanks for the advice and guidance you give to people on tihs forum.

I’m on Ultimate Flora, critical care, 50 billion strains. I ordered threelac but am not going to take it, based on concerns I’ve read on this forum regarding sugar being in it.

I read the information about the studies showing the natural anti-fungals being as powerful as the drugs, and I’ll be ordering some of the oil or oregano and also coconut oil, and switching to natural remedies as soon as I get them.

I guess I’m on the diet on the candida diet website, I haven’t eaten anthing forbidden for almost one week. I got guidelines from a nutritionist who is treating me. She said I was the worse case she ever saw.

One of my dietary questions is that I was told i can have hummus but I’m not sure about that, there’s some conflicting info.

thanks again
    Lynda

Able900
    Spectator

Lynda, the experts on the forum probably can’t help you much unless you’re following the same diet that they did, or in some cases, still are. I posted it earlier, but here it is again.
    http://www.thecandidadie…ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

I would leave hummus alone for at least a month or longer as there are plenty of other foods to choose from the allowed foods list posted above.

Able

immunetroubles

The link you posted is the diet I’ve been following. I’ll lay off the hummus for now, hoping to be able to have it when I’m further along. thanks again!

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Lynda,
    You can do this!
    Able was a major part in my recovery and the best adviser I found after nearly a year’s research. The diet was difficult to begin with but after 6 months of it, I have adopted it for life! I no longer get cravings for all the crap that I ate before.
    You may want to add ‘oil swishing’ to your recovery process. Able introduced this to me and it was very successful for oral thrush and esophageal candida.
    Through the process of diet, antifungals and probiotics, my lifetime problems with arthritis and sinus infections literally disappeared. I had no idea that they were related to candida.
    Good luck!

immunetroubles

Thanks for the encouragement Sally!!! I so appreciate it. I know I can do it, but I’m still learning about the protocol, and it’s a lot at first. I’m excited that there is a way to get this under control without these drugs I’m taking. I also have sinus infections, that are yeast related. It’s amazing that you cleared up sinusitis and arthritis with this diet! Such a shame that most Docs don’t understand/recognize this as the scourge it is.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

sallyf024 wrote: Through the process of diet, antifungals and probiotics, my lifetime problems with arthritis and sinus infections literally disappeared. I had no idea that they were related to candida.

Great to hear you achieved this kind of relief. I have similar symptoms myself. I was wondering if you eat nightshades now (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, chilli etc). I’ve heard a lot about nightshades being linked to arthritis, but I was thinking it could just be a developed sensitivity as a result of poor digestion.

The testimonials I’ve read involve people simply avoiding nightshades rather than healing their digestive system, just like people with “gluten allergies” who avoid wheat and gluten and eat sugar-filled, gut-busting rubbish from the “free from” section instead. To me, the sensitivities seem to be a symptom of a wider problem. I’m going to avoid nightshades for a few months to see, but I’d really like to eat pasta sauce and curry again some day!

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Javizy

I am eating tomatoes now, but did not for quite sometime. However, I have learned that we are all different with our symptoms and reactions, which make this complicated. As I reintroduced foods, I had to notice any reactions. I did this slowly. I am still “keeping my fingers crossed”!
    Like I said, this is my diet of a lifetime, I NEVER want to get that sick again!
    Blessings and best of luck.

RennyP
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Immunetroubles,

I too have immune problems, I suffer with Crohn’s disease and Type 1 Diabetes and, in the past have had a skin condition called ‘Lichen Planus’. This is also cause by my immune system going into overdrive.
    As a result of the Diabetes (too much sugar in my blood) and Crohn’s, I have developed Candida more than once and had been treated with the anti-fungal drugs. These drugs are ok but can have nasty side effects such as; hives, itching, or swelling, breathing or swallowing problems, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, etc.
    As I have a tendency to develop Candida due to my illnesses and the medication I have to take for them, I decided to try a more natural way to treat the Candida.
    I didn’t want to go on the Candida diet because it is extremely difficult to stick to it as, you really need to cut out all carbohydrates for it to work and, this for me is virtually impossible!
    Instead I tried a product you may have heard of called ‘Threelac’, I found this to be very effective at treating Candida and when you are taking it, you DON’T have to follow the strict diet, you just need to be sensible and stay away from sugar.
    It looks to me from reading your post that you may be using it as you mention Probiotics, that is good and I, from my own experiences, would suggest that is the best route to take when treating this horrible illness.
    There are many other Probiotic treatments for candida and it is certainly worth looking into trying these.
    I wish you every success in beating this disease
    All the best,
    Renny

Able900
    Spectator

Instead I tried a product you may have heard of called ‘Threelac’, I found this to be very effective at treating Candida and when you are taking it, you DON’T have to follow the strict diet, you just need to be sensible and stay away from sugar.

Hello, Renny, welcome to the forum.
    ThreeLac may work for a short period, but that’s all as it’s one of the weakest probiotics on the market. ThreeLac contains only three bacteria strains whereas there are 14 strains in the better probiotics. The count is a very meager 1.5 billion CFUs while others contain up to 200 billion and more. There’s simply no way this could make a lasting difference in a Candida infestation. The only thing that makes ThreeLac different from any other weak probiotic is the hype on the product.

As far as not having to follow the diet but just staying away from sugar is concerned; that’s the whole principle of the diet. Do you have any idea how many forms of sugar there are and how many foods break down into sugar chains once they’re in the body?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Looks like we got a spammer promoting ineffective candida products, thanks for the link to your 3 post sham website!

Her website promotes:
    -Anti-inflammatory drug called Prednisone
    -Threelac, Fivelac, XtraLac or Acidophilus Plus
    -Fruits, seeds, and nuts
    -Bio-Kult and Micro-Floraguard antifungal medications

You will be flagged as spam and once that occurs I will delete my post.

-Raster

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘intro Lynda’ is closed to new replies.