intermittent fasting?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions intermittent fasting?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

After reading a post on here I wondered what people opinion on the benefits of a weekly fast would be?

I read a previous post suggesting positives too it, but my doubts about it are everything I read suggests its not suitable for people with adrenal fatigue.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

I did try a form of intermittant fasting where you only eat during an 8 hour window and fast 16 hours daily. I did this when I had 4 days off work. It was manageable because I was at home and could take it easy. I did notice big improvements such as lessening of the bloating I’ve been suffering from and increased food tolerance. However this seemed to be a bit of ‘band aid’ solution to my problem, as my bloating returned as soon as I started eating normally. It seems I could lessen my symptoms by not eating for 16 hours a day. Unfortunately this is not a viable option to keep on living this way especailly when I am back at work and very active. I don’t think this is therefore a long term solution, more like a temporary relief. I also noticed that my adrenals were not too happy towards the fourth day.

I don’t think I would try a whole day long fast as from previous experience I know that it only made me very weak. But I might try 16 hour fasting again if it seems manageable. Just to give my gut a bit of a break occasionally (plus it’s so nice to not be bloated for once!). Would be interesting to hear other people’s experiences.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Here’s a good post on IF http://jackkruse.com/intermittent-fasting-and-leptin/ Kruse has some pretty radical ideas, but I’m not sure what to make of him yet. His post on hormone cascades was good.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I think the weekly, fortnight or monthly fast could be beneficial, but i’m not taken by the 8 hour eating window. I think its hard to follow, & encourages abnormal eating habbits.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It turns out Kruse may actually be insane. He claims to have injected himself with MRSA in a hospital, take 2-4 hour ice baths and have had surgery without anaesthetic voluntarily – all “bio hacks” – and intentionally gaining 25lbs on SAD to prove a point. So, yeah, take his blog with a pinch of salt…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘intermittent fasting?’ is closed to new replies.