Inspiration?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Inspiration?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

landfillheart
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hey guys, I’ve been on the diet for a good solid two weeks and was on it for two weeks before, but I slipped and went off for about two days. This time I’m in it for the long haul and I’m going to see it through to the end, but I really need some inspiration as I feel pretty awful right now. Molybdenum seems to not do too much for me. My symptoms have gotten worse since I started the diet, specifically brain fog and depression (which was what I wanted to cure in the first place), and I’ve become quite tired and irritable.

Anyways, I just need some good success stories of people who have felt much better after completing the diet. I would love to hear about someone curing brainfog:). I just need to know there’s an end in sight and that this worsening of my symptoms is only temporary.

Kudos to anyone who takes the time out of their day to answer this:).

Thanks.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

landfillheart wrote: Hey guys, I’ve been on the diet for a good solid two weeks and was on it for two weeks before, but I slipped and went off for about two days. This time I’m in it for the long haul and I’m going to see it through to the end, but I really need some inspiration as I feel pretty awful right now. Molybdenum seems to not do too much for me. My symptoms have gotten worse since I started the diet, specifically brain fog and depression (which was what I wanted to cure in the first place), and I’ve become quite tired and irritable.

Anyways, I just need some good success stories of people who have felt much better after completing the diet. I would love to hear about someone curing brainfog:). I just need to know there’s an end in sight and that this worsening of my symptoms is only temporary.

Thanks.

Dear Landfilleheart,
    Hang in there. I’ve been doing this diet for 5 months…I still have brain fog moments. It was really bad at first. I remember brain fog, dizzy, loss of balance hot and cold flashes. I am a teacher…My kids would correct me and I would think oh my goodness this brain fog. I have to say that was around Halloween and by Christmas I was doing well. I’m still not brave enough to venture off the diet and my healing was slow due to the fact I was not doing the whole diet. I was just eating the correct foods and not antifungals or probiotics other than greek yogurt and store bought kefir. I’m soooo much better now that I’m in full gear. Hang in there. Be strong. You can and will beat this ugly monster. You must do it for yourself. My bonus was I had thrush if I cheated or did anything wrong those ugly blisters came back and I knew right away the price I was paying. Having a visual with the pain made it easy to be faithful to the diet and stick to what Able and Raster have laid out for us.

Take baby steps. I remember saying ok you made it to lunch. And then the kids have gone home…then making it through dinner…crashing….and waking up and thinking thank God that day is behind me. Now get busy and beat the next day. I counted down my bottles of lemon water and glasses of hot lemon water. It was my goal to beat the ugly beast. You can’t believe how good it feels 5 months out. I don’t even care about the diet as much as how much better I feel as a person. I wish you well. You have come to the right place to share your feelings and ups and downs. Hang in there and listen to Raster and Able. Don’t go off track. Focus on the finish line…it may be a long ways away but the rewards are going to be awesome.

Blessings,
    Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks, Jackie. I don’t have a thing to add to your information other than a few questions for LFH.

What form of Molybdenum are you taking? At what dosage and how many times a day?

Able

landfillheart

Thanks so much Jackie, I really needed that.

What form of Molybdenum are you taking? At what dosage and how many times a day?

Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate 250mcg 3 times a day after each meal. I take grapefruitseed extract as an anti fungal and a small amount of coconut oil throughout the day. I also take proboiotics with a 20 billion, which isn’t too high which I guess is good for the beginning of the diet.

Is there anyway way to know if I do indeed have a Candida overgrowth and not something else? The reason I believe I may is because I’ve been tested for everything else anyone could think of. I’ve been going to doctors for years to no avail, but it would be easier to continue this diet if I knew it was what I had to do to fix this.

Thanks so much again:).

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

landfillheart wrote: Hey guys, I’ve been on the diet for a good solid two weeks and was on it for two weeks before, but I slipped and went off for about two days. This time I’m in it for the long haul and I’m going to see it through to the end, but I really need some inspiration as I feel pretty awful right now. Molybdenum seems to not do too much for me. My symptoms have gotten worse since I started the diet, specifically brain fog and depression (which was what I wanted to cure in the first place), and I’ve become quite tired and irritable.

Thanks.

Hi mate and the gang here in the thread!
    I too suffered and suffer from brain-fog and tons of other symptoms. I too believe the ground of the problem is candida BUT I am not religious about it and take other possibilities into account. Its much like being a crime detective, you should not follow only the first idea and get bogged down with it. While searching around trying to understand my problems I happen to notice how similar the symptoms are in other fields like IBS for instance. Here have a look at this link and you will find very interesting things about brain-fog and symptoms much like what we experiencing.

http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/89295-intestinal-gas-affecting-brain-functionality/

This is only one of the interesting infos there:
    Distension of the colon releases neurotransmitters that can effect the both the enteric nervous system and the Central nervous system

So the limbic system (and Emotions) are connected to the autonomic nervous system that helps control digestion, heart rate and breathing amoung other things. This is one reason why emotions often effect digestion. Even subtle emotions.

I highly recommend the work of Byron Katie, it was my life saver to a new world of the mind helping me out of depression and panic attacks. I too feel much more peaceful in the stomach when the symptoms are mounting and I see myself watching the entire show but not making a story around it. I noticed how things are hanging together and that a calm mind has a connection to calm down the symptoms too.

Here; http://www.amazon.com/Loving-What-Four-Questions-Change/dp/1400045371/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331106865&sr=1-1

tell me what you guys think
    cheers
    Thomas

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

I’m really new at this but if it’s of any help, I had to back off of antifungal and probiotics because the die off was too intense. I intend to build them back in when I feel a bit better, slowly, one first for a while, then the other. I’m on day 10 andhanging in, taking it one day and sometimes one meal at a time. Def dealing with the moods, all I can do not to growl at my 4 year old at times, but I’m breathing through it. Reading other’s success definitely helps. I read Abel’s description of a dinner out he is now able to eat and it gives me hope. Same with Lucylu’s vacation. I just keep reading and reading posts and it gives me strength.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

So far all I’ve seen of your symptoms are debilitating brain fog every day, depression, tiredness, and irritation. Are there any other symptoms that you’ve not mentioned?

The forum members can only suggest to you what we would do or are doing in your position, and to be honest, considering your symptoms we don’t really know if you have Candida and neither do you considering your symptoms.

In another post you wrote that you, “experienced debilitating brain fog every day, and have for about five years now.” Do you suspect that you’ve had Candida throughout those five years?

Another question, did you take Molybdenum for three full days before starting the cleanse or diet this time around?

According to one of your other posts, you stopped the treatment back on February 19 after trying for three weeks, so according to your dates, you were apparently off the diet for about three days that time. Then you stated that you had two days off the diet in the last two weeks. So out of the past five weeks, you’ve spent almost one of those weeks feeding the Candida. When you stop the diet, you start feeding the Candida again which speeds up the growth of the Candida’s population. There’s a good chance that everything you’ve done has been negated because of this and you’re still experiencing the full force of the Candida infestation which may account for the continuing symptoms.

I take grapefruit seed extract as an anti fungal and a small amount of coconut oil throughout the day. I also take probiotics with 20 billion, which isn’t too high which I guess, is good for the beginning of the diet.

You wrote “I guess…” Guessing isn’t a very good idea if you don’t understand Candida albicans and at least part of what they’re capable of. When you have information available written by people who have experienced the infestation as well as the treatment, why not take advantage of that and avoid guesswork?
    If you continue to guess at what you’re doing, it could be difficult for us to help you correct your mistakes and could possibly make your symptoms worse.

Is there any way to know if I do indeed have a Candida overgrowth and not something else?

Other than the possibility of a test being accurate, you can only go by the past and your symptoms.

I would like to see you reduce the supplements that you’re taking, this is assuming that this time you’re going to remain on the treatment, which means you would avoid taking days off to feed the Candida, otherwise, disregard any suggestions I’m making as you’ll probably just be wasting your time again.
    Stop taking the grapefruit seed extract all together, take no more than two teaspoons of coconut oil a day, and if you’ve not read the protocol, please read it and ask questions if there’s something you don’t understand.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

In addition to the other information I’ve given you; I see you’re located in the states, so it would be very easy for you to obtain a product called Candidate made by Native Remedies. This can help your symptoms if they’re caused by die-off or the infestation either one. They can be obtained from the Native Remedies website if you want to purchase them.

http://www.nativeremedies.com/products/candidate-systemic-candida-albicans.html

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The diet takes time…that is the single most important thing you will need other than rest.

I’ve had candida overgrowth for about 10 years likely and I’ve been on the diet for over 9 months. I am basically symptom free now other than when I cheat on the diet and days when I don’t get much sleep.

After 2-6 weeks I slowly made progress feeling much worse than before the diet. After that time (months 3-5) I improved to be basically symptom free. After that I have gotten stronger and now I don’t have nearly as many food reactions. It’s been a struggle but its well worth it. If you can tough out the first hard part of the diet, it will only get easier.

-raster

landfillheart

According to one of your other posts, you stopped the treatment back on February 19 after trying for three weeks, so according to your dates, you were apparently off the diet for about three days that time. Then you stated that you had two days off the diet in the last two weeks. So out of the past five weeks, you’ve spent almost one of those weeks feeding the Candida.

Sorry if i was misleading, in the past five weeks I have only stopped the diet for about three days all together. I have read the protocol multiple times and was did start out pretty slow on the antifungals and probiotics but I must have raised their dosages too high. I realize cheating on the diet has probably set me back to square one and I’ve factored that in. As for other symptoms, I believe I used to experience a lot more than I do now which included extreme thirst, major fatigue, indigestion, and of course all those I experience now. I still do experience a white coating on my tongue in the morning. I need to attempted to treat Candida as I have run out of options for what this could be. Others with brainfog know ho frustrating it is not to be able to do normal every day tasks.

Distension of the colon releases neurotransmitters that can effect the both the enteric nervous system and the Central nervous system

So the limbic system (and Emotions) are connected to the autonomic nervous system that helps control digestion, heart rate and breathing amoung other things. This is one reason why emotions often effect digestion. Even subtle emotions.

This is interesting because I do feel much worse after eating usually although I do not have many gastrointestinal symptoms.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

landfillheart wrote:

According to one of your other posts, you stopped the treatment back on February 19 after trying for three weeks, so according to your dates, you were apparently off the diet for about three days that time. Then you stated that you had two days off the diet in the last two weeks. So out of the past five weeks, you’ve spent almost one of those weeks feeding the Candida.

Sorry if i was misleading, in the past five weeks I have only stopped the diet for about three days all together. I have read the protocol multiple times and was did start out pretty slow on the antifungals and probiotics but I must have raised their dosages too high. I realize cheating on the diet has probably set me back to square one and I’ve factored that in. As for other symptoms, I believe I used to experience a lot more than I do now which included extreme thirst, major fatigue, indigestion, and of course all those I experience now. I still do experience a white coating on my tongue in the morning. I need to attempted to treat Candida as I have run out of options for what this could be. Others with brainfog know ho frustrating it is not to be able to do normal every day tasks.

This is interesting because I do feel much worse after eating usually although I do not have many gastrointestinal symptoms.

Hi mate,
    you should check up reactive hypoglycemia, they too have the same symptoms. The emphasise is on the reactive part. Then there is the possibility of food intolerances. Then there is Histamine intolerance which have the same symptoms of brain fog after eating. High histamine food will release histamine and push your low tolerance of histamine over the edge and you experience. Brain fog, itchy skin, nausea, depression, stomach problems, guts problems etc. The reactions can be mild or even be like a chock and kill a person. Mild reactions many people experience when they drink a glass of red wine. They will get a headache straight away while others don’t experience anything. If you notice that your react to red wine, dark chocolate, sauerkraut, fermented food, left over food, avocados, Kefir, etc than its very much likely that you have a overproduction of histamine and a Histamine intolerance.

yours
    Thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Two weeks is hardly enough to adjust to life without carbs, I’d say, let alone while you’re dealing with die-off. I felt extremely irritable and fatigued for at least three weeks, and it wasn’t until around 6-7 weeks that I started feeling more relaxed and energetic. I guess it takes time for your metabolism to adjust and the hypoglycaemic symptoms to disappear, then you’re just left with die-off which you can control to some extent by changing doses of anti-fungals/probiotics.

I’m going back and forth at the moment. Last week I read about 6 books and felt good about myself, whereas this week I can barely concentrate on text for 20-minutes. My skin has been awful this week too. It’s nothing like as bad as the beginning though, so I don’t think you’ll have to worry about how you feel now for long. Raster’s post summed it up I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inspiration?’ is closed to new replies.