impossible– my 23andme MTHFR results

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions impossible– my 23andme MTHFR results

This topic contains 60 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Deep1111
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 29

Impossible,

I read somewhere that excess ammonia depletes BH4, and low BH4 causes high blood pressure. But my blood pressure is on low side (100/65) . Does this mean that I don’t have excess ammonia? Or are there other factors that lower blood pressure even I have CBS upregulation? I need your advice on that. Thanks Deep

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Impossible, is adenosylcobalmin the same thing as dibencozide? Maybe I am just not thinking this morning. I started reading a book I found online yesterday about all this. It is geared towards children, but I think it will help me understand things better.

Autism:Pathways to Recovery by Dr. Amy Yasko

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Deep, you might really benefit from taking niacinamide and the mineral supplement lithium orotate (which is NOT the nasty rx). Niacin speeds up the comt enzyme, soaks up extra methyl groups, and helps stabilize things. Those 2 supplements together are helpingpeople get off their rx meds, from what ive read it seems it actually works better for some or most people, and you are a prime candidate. Its worth a try.

You are correct in assuming your body is making less of those neurotransmitters, but you are still more likely to have too many compared to a person with no comt mutation and are considered to have a higher risk factor for depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc. The good news is, its very treatable with supplements.

Low blood pressure can be caused by alot of things. It sounds like you may have a case of adrenal fatigue going. It doesnt mean you dont have an ammonia problem when you eat sulfurs.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Deep1111;52445 wrote: I thought the mercury chelation would improve those sympotms. If I have mutations on any gene, then I just have to accept it as it is. Can anything be done to fix it? I understand you explained that mutation on one of my gene offsite the mutation on my other gene. This really makes me cautious not taking any supplement blindly which could really mess up the whole thing.

The genetic link is just a theory. There isn’t a solid scientific evidence that these kind of chronic illnesses are caused by them. You can not focus your recover based on a theory. Keep chelating and reversing your possible acquired immune disorders and you will recover your former health. Until more complicated be your health situation, more simple is the treatment. This is the basic of Holistic medicine. Diet, exercises, and an effective protocol to target your underlying cause.

Good Luck,

Jorge.

impossible

dvjorge;52491 wrote:

The genetic link is just a theory. There isn’t a solid scientific evidence that these kind of chronic illnesses are caused by them. You can not focus your recover based on a theory. Keep chelating and reversing your possible acquired immune disorders and you will recover your former health. Until more complicated be your health situation, more simple is the treatment. This is the basic of Holistic medicine. Diet, exercises, and an effective protocol to target your underlying cause.

Good Luck,

Jorge.

20 years ago cbs upregulation was considered theory, today it is pretty much a given. There is not 100% correlation between a 699 mutation and symptoms, but there are others factors and if the gene is not being expressed, its not going to manifest. But, the argument that its theory at this point is pretty irrelevant.

impossible

kjones02;52486 wrote: Impossible, is adenosylcobalmin the same thing as dibencozide? Maybe I am just not thinking this morning. I started reading a book I found online yesterday about all this. It is geared towards children, but I think it will help me understand things better.

Autism:Pathways to Recovery by Dr. Amy Yasko

Correct, dibencozide = adenosylb12. There is one standout manufacturer for it, Anabol Naturals. That is in fact the only adb12 recommended on phoenix rising. If you have any questions about that, just do a search over there.

That is the book to read, everything else you would learn is based on that. You would be surprised how much of that applies to us all. After all, autism is just a bad case of too much inflammation at its core.

impossible

You have to understand something. This isnt like 23andme risk reports. This is about the study of certain gene defects with known and studied effects on their related enzymes if they are being expressed.

dvjorge
    Participant

impossible;52492 wrote:

Good Luck,

Jorge.

20 years ago cbs upregulation was considered theory, today it is pretty much a given. There is not 100% correlation between a 699 mutation and symptoms, but there are others factors and if the gene is not being expressed, its not going to manifest. But, the argument that its theory at this point is pretty irrelevant.

The syndrome caused by an intestinal/genital yeast overgrowth, that is the meaning of this forum, is totally reversible and curable. It is well documented and mostly Iatrogenic.
    There are people with intrinsic immune defects who develops Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis, a totally different illness with different roots than Candida Related Complex.

I agree immune stimulation is an important weapon to battle CRC. However, the most important part during this war is to drive the yeast out of the intestinal tissues. It is this reservoir what is causing most of the symptoms candida sufferers have. It isn’t necessary any genetic pattern to develop this syndrome but only a disruption of the antagonistic friendly bacterial flora or any immune offender causing a depressed cell-mediated immunity.

If the overgrowth occurs after antibiotic intake, it means it was caused by a substantial lost of the antagonistic flora. One time the fungus colonize and is present in enough amounts, it manipulates the necessary immune response to clear it. The same organism is able to influence the immune system enormously. The other common cause is mercury toxicity. Mercury causes a polarized Th2 immune response leaving a weak Th1 arm. Candida growth on mucosal tissues when there is an insufficient cell-mediated immunity. Is there a possible genetic link affecting those people who are more susceptible to mercury or have a deficient detox pathway ?? Possible, but the only thing you can do is to help the detox pathway and to chelate the intruder. Genetic is an intrinsic and invariable condition to my knowledge.

Immune support, chelation if it is necessary, and driving the yeast out the tissues should be enough to recover and to revert this syndrome.

Jorge.

impossible

dvjorge;52497 wrote:

Good Luck,

Jorge.

The syndrome caused by an intestinal/genital yeast overgrowth, that is the meaning of this forum, is totally reversible and curable. It is well documented and mostly Iatrogenic.
    There are people with intrinsic immune defects who develops Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis, a totally different illness with different roots than Candida Related Complex.

I agree immune stimulation is an important weapon to battle CRC. However, the most important part during this war is to drive the yeast out of the intestinal tissues. It is this reservoir what is causing most of the symptoms candida sufferers have. It isn’t necessary any genetic pattern to develop this syndrome but only a disruption of the antagonistic friendly bacterial flora or any immune offender causing a depressed cell-mediated immunity.

If the overgrowth occurs after antibiotic intake, it means it was caused by a substantial lost of the antagonistic flora. One time the fungus colonize and is present in enough amounts, it manipulates the necessary immune response to clear it. The same organism is able to influence the immune system enormously. The other common cause is mercury toxicity. Mercury causes a polarized Th2 immune response leaving a weak Th1 arm. Candida growth on mucosal tissues when there is an insufficient cell-mediated immunity. Is there a possible genetic link affecting those people who are more susceptible to mercury or have a deficient detox pathway ?? Possible, but the only thing you can do is to help the detox pathway and to chelate the intruder. Genetic is an intrinsic and invariable condition to my knowledge.

Immune support, chelation if it is necessary, and driving the yeast out the tissues should be enough to recover and to revert this syndrome.

Jorge.

Well, those are your theories, you know what mine are, Im not going to reiterate all that. Truthfully its ridiculous because we’re kind of making the same point, just with different emphasis in different areas. And Im not trying to link candida to genetics per say. No matter what your theory is on the cause of this infection, if there is something holding a person back from optimal health and immune function that has this infection, it needs to be dealt with. Period. End of story.

impossible

I never really was arguing with you jorge, just sharing.

dvjorge
    Participant

impossible;52503 wrote: I never really was arguing with you jorge, just sharing.

Not a problem.! I am used to heavy debates about candidiasis.

Jorge.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Hey impossible, have you ever heard about this condition on your methylation studies? I have supplemented with extra b6 before, and I do believe it puts me in a better mood. It doesn’t give me quite the energy as supplementing with extra b12 (still trying to work on that b/c that can be over-drive sometimes-guess dosage dependent and what kind I need to find out); however, I do seem to make better choices with extra b6 (think it helps my dopamine, serotonin levels, which Bernie last time put me on a supplement to help increase that, but I know it can still not be enough), plus as I mentioned before, it helps with nausea, and can calm the gut down by making the right choices in my diet and life!

http://naturalinsight.hubpages.com/hub/Pyroluria-A-Hidden-Disorder

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think it helps me pee better, as I have problems peeing, either feeling the need to go, but only letting out a trickle, or sitting down like a girl to force it out. Sorry, tmi, but it is true. Some days are fine, and when I believe candida is acting up, I have problems!

impossible

kjones02;52583 wrote: Hey impossible, have you ever heard about this condition on your methylation studies? I have supplemented with extra b6 before, and I do believe it puts me in a better mood. It doesn’t give me quite the energy as supplementing with extra b12 (still trying to work on that b/c that can be over-drive sometimes-guess dosage dependent and what kind I need to find out); however, I do seem to make better choices with extra b6 (think it helps my dopamine, serotonin levels, which Bernie last time put me on a supplement to help increase that, but I know it can still not be enough), plus as I mentioned before, it helps with nausea, and can calm the gut down by making the right choices in my diet and life!

http://naturalinsight.hubpages.com/hub/Pyroluria-A-Hidden-Disorder

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think it helps me pee better, as I have problems peeing, either feeling the need to go, but only letting out a trickle, or sitting down like a girl to force it out. Sorry, tmi, but it is true. Some days are fine, and when I believe candida is acting up, I have problems!

I always considered taking for mood to be sorta common knowledge. That last part is interesting.

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine helps to convert food into energy and it helps to make serotonin, melatonin and norepinephrine, neurotransmitters important for the regulation of mood and the sleep wake cycle. Vitamin B6 helps to prevent the adverse effects of homocysteine, a protein that causes heart disease; it promotes the absorption of vitamin B12, helps to maintain the immune system and assists in the production of red blood cells. A vitamin B6 deficiency causes muscle weakness, anxiety, brain fog, short-term memory problems and depression. To increase levels of B6, to boost serotonin levels, eat foods like chicken, salmon, turkey, red meat, spinach, brown rice, carrots, whole grains, lentils, cheese and shrimp, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.

sb1953
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi impossible. I hope you are still around in this forum, the way you are helping people is great!

Here is my 23andme results, and I was hoping you could help me out with it.

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
    COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
    COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-
    VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/-
    VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-
    MAO A R297R rs6323 GT +/-
    ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/-
    MTHFR C677T rs1801133 GG -/-
    MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/-
    MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 TT -/-
    MTR A2756G rs1805087 AA -/-
    MTRR A66G rs1801394 GG +/+
    MTRR H595Y not found n/a not genotyped
    MTRR K350A rs162036 AA -/-
    MTRR R415T not found n/a not genotyped
    MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/-
    BHMT-02 rs567754 CC-/-
    BHMT-04 not found n/a not genotyped
    BHMT-08 rs651852 CC -/-
    AHCY-01 rs819147 TT -/-
    AHCY-02 not found n/a not genotyped
    AHCY-19 rs819171 TT -/-
    CBS C699T rs234706 GG -/-
    CBS A360A rs1801181 GG -/-
    CBS N212N not found n/a not genotyped
    SHMT1 C1420T not found n/a not genotyped
    Thanks so much!

-sb1953

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

User impossible seems to have left this forum.

This happened after it was discovered that impossible and ThomasJoel2 were the same person. His two personas were supporting each other and they jointly bullied some members away from this forum.

I do not expect to see him/them back on this forum.

Rabelais

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘impossible– my 23andme MTHFR results’ is closed to new replies.