Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters

This topic contains 41 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  wenkins 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

orka1998 wrote: I am hitting a a hard die-off no matter how careful I am with antifungals (not taking any of the supplements, just including foods such as raw garlic, rutabaga etc.)

Cut the rutabaga completely from your diet right away. This is the most powerful antifungal you’re presently using; in fact, it would be difficult to find a stronger one. Leave this out of your diet for the time being until you can obtain the Molybdenum –hopefully. Not only are you suffering from die-off symptoms, but the poison is presenting a potentially dangerous situation for your liver and kidneys.

From what I understand Swedish Bitters also help flush the liver so it would help with the die-off, right?

Yes, the bitters will help to flush the toxins from your liver, but they’re not going to do much in the way of lessening the effects of the die-off symptoms.

Suggestion: Raise your vitamin C count to 6,000 mg at 1000 mg per dose spread through the day. If you remove the rutabaga and increase the vitamins C, I think you’ll see a huge improvement of the die-off. Keep in mind that the goal of the diet is not to create die-off symptoms but rather to slowly destroy the Candida and at the same time change the environment of the intestines by taking the probiotics and eating kefir, yogurt, and sauerkraut.

Able

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Thanks Able for your response!

Just to clarify and to make sure I did not translate rutabaga incorrectly. Rutabaga is a root that tastes kind of spicy when eaten raw (I never cooked it), similar to radishes (little red roots) but much larger and spicier, correct? I looked it up online and it looks like it on the outside, but none of the reading doesn’t describe the taste and they mention yellow kind and all sorts of other stuff. It’s confusing!

I did not have any rutabaga since Friday lunch and no raw garlic since thursday dinner. Shouldn’t die-off start to ease up? It started Friday afternoon, and I was sick all day yesterday (Saturday), sweating all night and this morning I got up with the nausea and still feeling so sick. I am dizzy, all tense, have pain in my neck, lower back, legs, under arms, stomach feels as if I swallowed a handful of stones, my hands are cold like ice. I skipped probiotic last night and will cut down on Kefir (I upped it to 750ml, sometimes close to 1l). I did not take any biotin yesterday as I read somewhere something like “if you start experiencing to much die-off reduce the dosage of biotin” and even though I was only taking two 300mcg doses I cut that out yesterday hoping it will help.

This stuff is scary and I was trying so hard to avoid it all this time. I have coconut oil sitting on the counter and don’t want to take it to avoid getting sick.

So do you think I should still take the Swedish Bitters even though they contain alcohol? Does the benefit outweigh the small amount of alcohol taken with the suggested dosage?

herbalincense9
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Meditation is the best way to heal depression. It is the way to train and develop your mind to become more stable, adhere to the goodness and have a better quality of mind. When we meditate deeply our brain produces a fountain of pleasurable chemicals which make us feel blissful and exquisitely happy.

All the diseases are basically related to mind. Our mind controls our body and meditation is the best way to control our mind. Meditation as a practice is an effort to stop the mind from its natural tendency to weave thoughts. In the practice of meditation, you try to relax and then try to focus your mind on a divine form, a sacred sound or a word or phrase as mantra, or you focus on your physical body, breath or thoughts.

Herbal incense can help reduce stress, create a balanced sleep routine, and help you lose weight.

Meditation with herbal incense has helped me a lot over the past years. The powerful scents of incense can help anyone achieve the state of pseudo zen.

General Benefits of herbal incense:

– reduce stress
    – lose weight
    – relaxing
    – help meditation
    – great with yoga
    – used in many religion ceremonies
    – smells great
    – creates a relaxing environment
    – helps with digestion

Herbal incense is made mostly of Damiana Leaf. Here are more health benefits of Damiana Leaf:

Antidepressant: Damiana leaf is used to treat mild depression. Because of its stimulant properties, it can help to relieve stress that results in anxiety and depression.

Sexual Health: Damiana leaf can be used to prevent premature ejaculation and help treat impotence. While damiana has historically been considered primarily helpful for men, women’s sex organs can also benefit from it. Damiana Leaf can be used to treat painful periods and other symptoms of menses.

Urinary Tract: Damiana leaf can be used to treat problems with the urinary tract. It is a strong antiseptic and diuretic.

Digestive Health: Damiana leaf can be used as a laxative. It has a mild effect on the intestine and improves the function of the bowel muscles.

quayd
    Replies: 2

Able900 wrote:
    Many of the enzyme supplements on the market today add cellulase and/or hemicellulase to their ingredients. These two enzymes change other enzymes that are in vegetables fibers into simple sugars once they’re in the digestive tract, therefore producing food for Candida. This will only make your Candida worse or at the very least prevent a cure. Try to look for both cellulase and hemicellulase as ingredients in any supplement and avoid both.
    But Swedish Bitters do not contain these two enzymes, or any other enzyme for that matter. The bitters provide your body with the tools it needs to produce its own enzymes naturally in the amount and types that are needed at any given time after you’ve eaten.

Hello, I appreciate all the sharing and thoughtful information in the forum, and that also provided by Able900. This is a mind boggling and emotional ride for myself, and I am sure a vast number of people.

Regarding the enzymes, a friend recently recommended that I take Candex due to his own experience of taking it for a Candida issue he was having and finding it cleared up his symptoms and brought him back to a state of energy, of which I trust he sincerely experienced what he shared with me. Reading up on it, it’s main ingredients are cellulase and hemicellulase, and the product is detailed as being beneficial exactly for the fact that it can break down fiber and break down candida cells. Here is quote from the wikipedia entry:

Candex contains fibre digesting enzymes. The manufacturer claims this will kill the candida cells, since their cell walls are built mainly of fibre (cellulose). Since candida can’t change its cell wall structure, the enzymatic approach is thought not to induce resistance.
    Candida’s cell wall contains approximately 30 to 60 percent glucan which are composed of cellulose and hemicellulase, 25 to 50 percent mannan (mannoprotein), …

So, I can understand the concept that these enzymes breakdown normally undigestible fiber into simple sugars, but so again is our body of starches in all vegetables, and so I find myself having a few questions, which I imagine many people have to navigate without feeling there is an answer or common agreement on:
    – if the idea is that these enzymes would lead to breaking down the yeast cells would not the idea be that they are digesting the problematic yeast in greater proportion than they are feeding?
    – is there any way around feeding the yeast to some extent, as any digestion causes the production of simple sugars, no?
    – it is stated in many places that hard to digest foods and foods not chewed properly create breeding grounds for yeast, yet the first thing recommended is to have lots of fiber (all low-starch vegetables), which is undigestible to us, but not to yeast. What could resolve this seeming contradiction and how does removing fiber digesting enzymes not compound it?

Thanks again for any ideas that may help to create a clearer image of the riddle. Currently, as much as there is lots of contradictory information out, there is at least hope given and I have seen results in my own case of trying out what for the most part seems agreeable in the community.

Cheers,

Tyler

quayd
    Replies: 2

Anybody with an idea of good sources for Swedish Bitters in the UK for online shopping?

I found: http://www.justingredients.co.uk/culinary-herbs-and-spices/powders/swedish-bitter/prod_841.html

But these are dried herbs to make your own. Anybody with an opinion on the effectiveness of this versus a liquid Swedish Bitter? I noticed in the wikipedia entry for Swedish Bitters, they were originally prepared with the extracted water content of the herbs. So, likely a dried version has lost some of the “live” nutrients, but the question is whether these are essential to the healing effects?

I am currently taking Barberry as a concentrated tea from dried bark, would that be enough as a bitter?

Thanks,

Tyler

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

quayd wrote: Anybody with an idea of good sources for Swedish Bitters in the UK for online shopping?

I found: http://www.justingredients.co.uk/culinary-herbs-and-spices/powders/swedish-bitter/prod_841.html

But these are dried herbs to make your own. Anybody with an opinion on the effectiveness of this versus a liquid Swedish Bitter? I noticed in the wikipedia entry for Swedish Bitters, they were originally prepared with the extracted water content of the herbs. So, likely a dried version has lost some of the “live” nutrients, but the question is whether these are essential to the healing effects?

I am currently taking Barberry as a concentrated tea from dried bark, would that be enough as a bitter?

Thanks,

Tyler

I ordered mine & some mega flora from vitamin uk

Able900
    Spectator

quayd wrote: Anybody with an idea of good sources for Swedish Bitters in the UK for online shopping?

Hello, Tyler.

The post below should help you since Swedish Bitters are on the list.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12680_Product-Sources–Europe.aspx#post12680

Barberry contains alkaloids; one of the alkaloids is called berberine which has the ability to destroy gut flora as well as damage the intestinal lining. Oregon grape also contains berberine which is why these herbs are not recommended on the forum.

As far as the bitters are concerned, it isn’t necessary to follow the directions on the label as that amount is not needed in order for the bitters to work. All you need to do in order to activate the bitters is to taste the bitter taste on the back of the tongue (vagus nerve); so just use about a half dropper full on the middle to back of the tongue about three times a day. Do this before or after each meal.

Able

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I know you are discussing bitters..but I do want to say, I am taking digestive enzymes that do not have the cellulase and/or hemicellulase. it has neither.

This is the ingredients:

Ox Bile
    Papain
    Bromelain
    Alpha Galactosidase
    Amylase

inactive ingredients:
    Gelatin (for capsule)
    Cellulose
    silica

wenkins
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Able, I posted this question under your other post in a different section, and still look forward to an answer.

Able900 wrote:
    The bitters provide your body with the tools it needs to produce its own enzymes naturally in the amount and types that are needed at any given time after you’ve eaten.

How does this effect the decrease in our metabolic enzymes as they get used up?

My understanding is that if enough digestive enzymes are not taken in from live foods (fresh, raw veggies and fruit (understandibly not allowed here)), our body resorts to utilizing its metabolic enzymes, reserved for other bodily functions.

Maybe I’ve been gullable when it comes to digestive enzyme supplement claims?

Wendy

wenkins

Able900 wrote: Water and digestion; to be honest, this is another somewhat complex situation that I’ve avoided trying to explain in the past.

When it comes to drinking water before, during or after meals, as long as our body has the ability to produce the at least part of the stomach acid that’s needed, the water shouldn’t present a problem. The problem comes in situations where the stomach acid isn’t produced in sufficient amounts, this is unfortunately the case with a few Candida infestations.

If the stomach is capable of producing stomach acid, then it will simply secrete more acids to compensate for any the dilution that the water may cause.

If I may add and ask on this point.

People of A+ blood group do not produce as much stomach acid as the other blood groups – this may have a bearing on what the different blood group members experience…maybe?

Water/liquids (excl. digestive aids like aloe, bitters etc), shortly before, during and shortly after meals – I am of the understanding (again, and from a nutritionist) that by doing this, one dilutes the enzymes thereby lengthening the digestive process.

Any comments?

Able900
    Spectator

wenkins wrote: People of A+ blood group do not produce as much stomach acid as the other blood groups – this may have a bearing on what the different blood group members experience…maybe?
    Water/liquids (excl. digestive aids like aloe, bitters etc), shortly before, during and shortly after meals – I am of the understanding (again, and from a nutritionist) that by doing this, one dilutes the enzymes thereby lengthening the digestive process.

Adding Betain HCL (hydrochloride) during the meal and Swedish digestive bitters immediately following a meal will help with this problem over time. You need to drink plenty of water for a few hours following the digestive bitters as they also cause a flushing action which cleans toxins from the liver.

Please read the complete directions in the first post beginning this subject before using the bitters.

Able

wenkins

Thanks Able. Yes I take Betain HCL (hydrochloride)only when I eat meat (hardly ever) – main reason being…it got rid of my red tipped nose!

As someone else asked…if you can’t get ahold of non-alcohol bitters, will it be OK to have the alcohol one, or is that defeating the object with candida?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters’ is closed to new replies.