Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters

This topic contains 41 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  wenkins 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The importance of using Swedish Digestive Bitters throughout your treatment period cannot be stressed enough. These will play a huge role in allowing your body to perform at its very best as far as digesting the food and nutrients you need and also keeping the intestines and liver cleansed all though your treatment.
    Swedish Bitters should be in a non-alcohol, liquid form and are normally sold at health food or vitamin stores.

Bitters increase the flow of digestive juices which helps resolve any disturbances in the digestive process characterized by flatulence, heartburn and bloating. Normal digestive secretions help keep bacterial growth in the gut in check. Swedish Bitters generally improve the micro-environment of the digestive system from the stomach to the large intestine.

If you’re interested in why don’t we advocate taking regular, individual enzymes, read on.

Many of the enzyme supplements on the market today add cellulase and/or hemicellulase to their ingredients. These two enzymes change other enzymes that are in vegetables fibers into simple sugars once they’re in the digestive tract, therefore producing food for Candida. This will only make your Candida worse or at the very least prevent a cure. Try to look for both cellulase and hemicellulase as ingredients in any supplement and avoid both.
    But Swedish Bitters do not contain these two enzymes, or any other enzyme for that matter. The bitters provide your body with the tools it needs to produce its own enzymes naturally in the amount and types that are needed at any given time after you’ve eaten.

Bile flow is increased reducing the incidence of gallbladder disease and improving the self-cleansing action of the liver.

Bitters have a wide range of applications in liver disease. Blood sugar levels are managed through the regulation of the secretion of insulin and glucagon from the pancreas. This can help in the management of hypoglycemia and late-onset diabetes.
    Digestive bitters stimulate the repair of the leaky gut syndrome or the wall of the intestines, so bitters can also be used to treat peptic ulcers and other inflammatory or erosive conditions. In addition, they’re the perfect supplement for support of a healthy liver. They’re especially beneficial when taken after a heavy meal.

Bitters also stimulate peristalsis which is the muscular action of the stomach and intestines when food is eaten. This action is very useful in cases of chronic constipation and sluggish bowels.

Dosage:
    Since the principle is to stimulate the bitter receptors on the tongue you only need to taste the bitterness of the herbs, therefore 1/2 of a dropper full on the tongue after meals will be enough to do the job, regardless of what the label may say. No matter what you read from here on out, you will not need to purchase additional enzymes as long as you use Swedish Bitters at two or three meals a day. Remember that you’ll need to take them before or immediately following a meal.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Swedish digestive bitters absolutely must be accompanied by the intake of a sufficient amount of water immediately following and throughout the day if they are to serve their purpose which is the primary method of cleansing your intestines and performing liver lushes and sufficient bile flow throughout your treatment.

Able

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

good post! would it be good to take them before AND after a meal? Or is that overkill?

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: good post! would it be good to take them before AND after a meal? Or is that overkill?

It wouldn’t ‘be overkill, W, but it wouldn’t help anything either, including your wallet. This isn’t a case of “the more the better” because all that really has to happen is for the vagus nerves to be stimulated, once that has happened, taking more wouldn’t make a difference. This is why you don’t even need to use the full amount that’s usually in the directions on the label. Ok?
    (Thanks for the PM)

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Praise God!! Thanks for explaining all that. Makes sense!!
    I’ll go and try and find some tomorrow!!!

Thanks Able!! 🙂

Faith

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Able, what about Oil of Oregano? When I drop it in my mouth it kinda does the whole saliva thing. Could I just use that instead?
    Or maybe doing that at every meal would be too much?
    Just wondering? 🙂

Thanks,
    Faith

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Does it matter what brand it is? or as long as it’s alcohol free its okay?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Thanks, Able. I’ve been using them for a couple weeks now, on your recommendation

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

I’ve been using them too, really find a difference.

Something odd though, I don’t find them bitter ?! They are tasty. I’ve got the alcohol free version and can’t see anything ‘sweet’ on the label. Kinda makes me nervous. But, I guess the recipe would be the same all round, right?

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

Something odd though, I don’t find them bitter ?! They are tasty. I’ve got the alcohol free version and can’t see anything ‘sweet’ on the label. Kinda makes me nervous. But, I guess the recipe would be the same all round, right?

I’ve learned in pyschophysics research that humans are usually distributed into 3 groups: very sensitive to bitterness, moderately sensitive, and non tasters. Non tasters have been linked to liking coffee, cigs, and alcohol more (although certainly not causal). Non tasters are a result of two recessive alleles – I myself am a non taster and to me it tastes a liiittle bit bitter and a bit sour/tangy. I don’t mind the taste. you’re probably a non taster! does coffee taste bitter to you? It doesn’t to me!

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

Interesting! No, coffee is tasty to me, I wouldn’t call it bitter. (unless its crappy coffee). I did used to be a smoker but have given up for a few years now. Not a drinker, very very very rarely drink and don’t like the taste of alcohol.
    But I am thinking I probably fall into the non taster category too!

That makes me feel better about my not-so-bitter Bitters, thanks!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m still wondering how downing the water helps with digestion when it encourages the premature emptying of the stomach. I was getting regular indigestion when taking the bitters. Like Chilli, I found them to be fairly sweet and didn’t get that gagging feeling that I assume is the nerves being stimulated.

Able900
    Spectator

Faith wrote: Able, what about Oil of Oregano? When I drop it in my mouth it kinda does the whole saliva thing. Could I just use that instead?

Hello, Faith.
    Oregano oil isn’t an enzyme stimulant; it’s simply an antifungal meaning of course that it kills the Candida. Bitters on the other hand are not an antifungal, and the only purpose they serve for the infestation is to stimulate the vagus nerves. This doesn’t mean that they stimulate all nerves, but only the ones that stimulate enzyme production. It also doesn’t mean that just food that has a bitter taste will do the same thing, for example, extremely strong coffee can have a bitter taste, but it doesn’t perform as the bitter herbs do nor will it have a flushing effect on the liver like the herbs do. Hope this explains the difference.

Thanks, Able

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Im finding it very hard to take the swedish bitters I took my first dose today and nearly threw up because of the taste. I dont know if I can handle taking it.

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: I’m still wondering how downing the water helps with digestion when it encourages the premature emptying of the stomach.

The water isn’t for digestion, it’s necessary because of the flushing action the bitters have on the liver.

I found them to be fairly sweet and didn’t get that gagging feeling that I assume is the nerves being stimulated.

I found them quite bitter tasting for a few weeks until I grew used to the taste, but I never once experienced a feeling of gagging. I can’t see how a feeling of gagging would be a sign of whether or not they perform as they should.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote:

I’m still wondering how downing the water helps with digestion when it encourages the premature emptying of the stomach.

The water isn’t for digestion, it’s necessary because of the flushing action the bitters have on the liver.
    What I’m asking is how the bitters prevent the water from interfering with digestion. It seems to be common knowledge on the forum, and you’ve said yourself in other posts, not to drink water around meals. Doesn’t this make taking the bitters a problem?

Able900 wrote: I found them quite bitter tasting for a few weeks until I grew used to the taste, but I never once experienced a feeling of gagging. I can’t see how a feeling of gagging would be a sign of whether or not they perform as they should.

Whenever I taste anything bitter I get a reflexive action of opening my mouth and pulling a sour sort of face, like I’m sure most people do. It’s usually accompanied with a feeling that my nervous system has been stimulated too, that I can only describe as a kind of shiver. Maybe if what greebles said is true, bitters are ineffective for some groups of people. Is there some sort of alternative, maybe something that isn’t sweetened with glycerol?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters’ is closed to new replies.