I need proof

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I need proof

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bedlam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Are there standard medical tests that can confirm a systemic Candida infection?
    No doctors will listen to me at all once I mention yeast or candida.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

A stool sample is a reasonably accurate way of testing. You should be able to find something online. Even these, however, produce false negatives in 1/4 cases. Also, if for example the Candida are heavily embedded into the stomach, the stool sample results might suggest a lower level in your body than is actually there. Still, I found it useful clarification.

If you do this, you should not take anti-fungals 7 days before.

Regards
    Len

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Yes.

There are blood tests, stool tests and cultures can be taken/grown out.

Blood mycotoxins from candida even create a false positive with the TB skin test.

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

I plan to retake the stool sample Doctors Data test. My test indicates that I only must avoid antifungals for 3 days-not 7..I wonder if some stool sample tests are more sensitive to antifungals? The reason to retake is in case my strand changed if would change the antifunals that my candida is most susceptible to.

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

My doc (holistic/naturopath) says the tests are not all that reliable… If they say yes, you likely have it, but a negative does not prove you don’t have it.

He said that really the best way is trying the diet for a while with supplements and see if you feel better. It is also cheaper this way unless you have amazing insurance – as those tests are often pricey.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

bedlam wrote: Are there standard medical tests that can confirm a systemic Candida infection?
    No doctors will listen to me at all once I mention yeast or candida.

Yes, but you don’t have a systemic yeast infection. Don’t use that term if you want people, specially MDs, take you seriously. A systemic candidiasis is a life threatening condition that must be treated at ER as soon as the patient gets symptoms. It is known as a Candidemia or Fungemia.
    Candida Related Complex is a syndrome caused by a mucosal yeast overgrowth in the intestinal and genito-urinary tract. When an overgrowth occur in the gut, yeast metabolites are able to present more than 70 antigens that react with the immune system. Those metabololic wastes are responsible for the symptoms you feel around the body such as blurred vision, brain fog, digestive problems, etc.

The best test to rule out this condition is Candida Immune Complexes in blood. This test is 99% effective detecting this syndrome.

You can also get an intradermal allergic test with candida albicans antigen combined with a delayed test ( 2 days )

Typical result of people with this syndrome is a positive intradermal test after 15 minutes and a negative delayed test after 2 days. It means an allergic with no immune response to candida.

Stool tests don’t say anything because healthy people have candida spores living as a commensal in the gut.

I hope this help you.

Jorge.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Dvjorge,

Are any of these two tests OK?

They were the only two I could find where I live:

1) Candia5 BioCard test, which requires a finger prick sample of blood to determine a positive or negative antibody reading for Candida.

2) a saliva antibodies test through a pathology laboratory which, in addition to testing for the presence of candida, examines the severity and stage (acute or chronic) of the infection.

Thank you kindly

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

Would you advise against my retaking the Doctors Data stool test just to see if my candida type (parapsilosis)mutated into a different type and I should change my antifungals? I would rather skip it and just stick to the diet and antifungal rotation if it is not accurate.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you ever taken antibiotics? I think this is the single greatest factor in anyone’s overgrowth and Dr. Mcoomb’s feels the same. He feels that even one dose of antibiotics can cause a gut flora imbalance.

-raster

bedlam

So basically, from a (western) medical standpoint there is no way to measure candida/yeast let alone prove that it is what is causing problems…
    And even if a candida diet provides relief the doctors will attribute it to the effects of a healthier diet rather than the elimination of candida!

dvjorge
    Participant

bedlam wrote: So basically, from a (western) medical standpoint there is no way to measure candida/yeast let alone prove that it is what is causing problems…
    And even if a candida diet provides relief the doctors will attribute it to the effects of a healthier diet rather than the elimination of candida!

Candida Related Complex proof the syndrome !!!!

bedlam

dvjorge;27392 wrote:
    … When an overgrowth occur in the gut, yeast metabolites are able to present more than 70 antigens that react with the immune system. Those metabololic wastes are responsible for the symptoms you feel around the body such as blurred vision, brain fog, digestive problems, etc.

The best test to rule out this condition is Candida Immune Complexes in blood. This test is 99% effective detecting this syndrome.

You can also get an intradermal allergic test with candida albicans antigen combined with a delayed test ( 2 days )

Typical result of people with this syndrome is a positive intradermal test after 15 minutes and a negative delayed test after 2 days. It means an allergic with no immune response to candida.

Stool tests don’t say anything because healthy people have candida spores living as a commensal in the gut.

I hope this help you.

Jorge.

Okay, so I am going to a Gastroenterologist in a few weeks and I want to try to either confirm or rule out CRC.

Is the specific test that I should ask for called “Candida Immune Complexes”? Is that the exact name? Is this from a blood draw?
    What is the “intradermal allergic test with candida albicans antigen combined with a delayed test?” How exactly should I ask for it? It sounds like they scratch the skin and look for a specific result?

dvjorge
    Participant

bedlam;29452 wrote:

… When an overgrowth occur in the gut, yeast metabolites are able to present more than 70 antigens that react with the immune system. Those metabololic wastes are responsible for the symptoms you feel around the body such as blurred vision, brain fog, digestive problems, etc.

I hope this help you.

Jorge.

Okay, so I am going to a Gastroenterologist in a few weeks and I want to try to either confirm or rule out CRC.

Is the specific test that I should ask for called “Candida Immune Complexes”? Is that the exact name? Is this from a blood draw?
    What is the “intradermal allergic test with candida albicans antigen combined with a delayed test?” How exactly should I ask for it? It sounds like they scratch the skin and look for a specific result?

Yes, but I guess you have to buy the test online yourself. This is an specific test done by Genova Lab only. They will send you a kit with instructions. You need to coordinate with your Dr the way to get the blood draw and send the kit back to Genova.

Please, don’t confuse candida IGG, IGM, and IGA with Candida Immune Complexes. They are two different things. I have seen candida antibodies included in the immune complexes test. What can not be missing is the immune complex part !

To get a delayed hyposensitivity test, you need to see an Allergist. All of them have candida albicans antigens. You should ask for the test explaining you believe you have low immunity to candida. You need to be prepared to have a technical conversation with the Dr.

Jorge.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I need proof’ is closed to new replies.