I interrupted my diet! What will the effects be?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice I interrupted my diet! What will the effects be?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KellyDyer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I have been on the strict diet for over a month and last week went out and broke my diet by having a whiskey and soda, and then another, and then another 🙁 It was just so good to ‘lose control’ with my diet and to let my hair down, join in and have fun – the candida diet limits this! I am not even someone who drinks regularly so this was unusual for me and a sign that I am finding the diet quite restrictive. Anyway, I have felt tweeky since and was wondering if I have done serious damage and put myself right back at the beginning again in terms of getting well?

In the last few days I have also tried having a bit of cows milk in my chicory and also added some to a quinoa loaf I baked. Since I have had a really upset stomach. Could this indicate that I am lactose intolerant and that is what is causing my candida on a ‘normal’ diet?

I would greatly appreciate anyone’s help. I am finding this very lonely and difficult. I have been battling with vaginal thrush for over three years now. It was a large contributing factor to the end of a four year relationship :(I have finally committed myself to doing the diet properly until I am well . . . but then I drank 🙁 I won’t be doing that again.

Thanks, Kelly

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

KellyDyer;29370 wrote: I have been on the strict diet for over a month and last week went out and broke my diet by having a whiskey and soda, and then another, and then another 🙁 It was just so good to ‘lose control’ with my diet and to let my hair down, join in and have fun – the candida diet limits this! I am not even someone who drinks regularly so this was unusual for me and a sign that I am finding the diet quite restrictive. Anyway, I have felt tweeky since and was wondering if I have done serious damage and put myself right back at the beginning again in terms of getting well?

In the last few days I have also tried having a bit of cows milk in my chicory and also added some to a quinoa loaf I baked. Since I have had a really upset stomach. Could this indicate that I am lactose intolerant and that is what is causing my candida on a ‘normal’ diet?

I would greatly appreciate anyone’s help. I am finding this very lonely and difficult. I have been battling with vaginal thrush for over three years now. It was a large contributing factor to the end of a four year relationship :(I have finally committed myself to doing the diet properly until I am well . . . but then I drank 🙁 I won’t be doing that again.
    Thanks, Kelly

It sounds very much like you haven’t made the decision to get serious about treating your Candida overgrowth, and you can trust that you won’t see any real progress until you make this decision and follow through with it.
    Leave the whisky and soda alone, and cut out the cow’s milk as well as quinoa. You can replace quinoa with Bob’s Red Meal Oat Bran or Bob’s coconut flour, or mix them both together in your bread recipe.

Able

KellyDyer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Able,

Thank you for your prompt response, despite it being a bit harsh. I have indeed made the decison to get serious with this diet. I was on it for over a month before ‘cheating’ and then just because my willpower crumbled, give me a break. It is hard to have any sort of social life on this diet at all. Also, I don’t know how long to be on the strict diet for. Until I feel 100% better? I don’t even know what having a normal, healthy vagina feels like anymore! And quinoa is a food that is allowed on the strict diet on your thecandidadiet website, it is a non-glutenous grain! Are other people following an even stricter strict diet that I am not aware of?

Best,
    Kelly

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

KellyDyer;29377 wrote: I don’t even know what having a normal, healthy vagina feels like anymore!

Neither do I and I’m a GUY!! 😛

JUST JOKING; humor is therapeutic!…..(at least I cracked myself up)

(been sick so long haven’t been in the dating circuit for longer than I care to remember)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We have a strict forum food list that does not allow rice or quinoa. Email able900 for a copy. Quinoa can set back your progress from my experience. Same with nuts and seeds because they contain molds.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period to get over candida.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I interrupted my diet! What will the effects be?’ is closed to new replies.