I have a question regarding verifying my candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I have a question regarding verifying my candida

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

candidaquestion
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

So unfortunately I don’t have a lot of money, and don’t want to jump into an expensive long term treatment plan unless I’m confident I have candida. All the symptoms point to it and I’ve been prescribed a number of antibiotic treatments over the years along with a very high sugar diet.

I can’t really afford a naturopath, and I know the forum doesn’t recommend threelac, but would it be worth purchasing to see if it led to any improvement? If so, then wouldn’t that confirm the likelihood of candida? If that is the case I’d be willing to invest the time and money (if I can scrape it together) to attempt a more long term solution.

Can anybody confirm if I should at least see some temporary improvement on threelac to at least confirm my theory that this is indeed a candida issue?

Thanks for your time.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d try out your theory with either an antifungal (such as oregano oil, caprylic acid, etc) or s. boulardii which is a yeast that kills yeast. Threelac won’t really do anything and likely wouldn’t cause die-off or much change for 90% of the people out there that have a yeast problem (imho).

-raster

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

Three-Lac exacerbated my symptoms and made my carb cravings unbearable. I’d agree with Raster…try anti-fungals and adopt a sugar-free diet. You might feel horrible with die-off for a few days, so don’t start this on a Monday. Give yourself a weekend alone to detox, buy some bentonite clay, coconut oil, oil of oregano capsules and a bunch on non-starchy veggies and healthy organic meat. Cook with fresh garlic and onions. If you budget this carefully, this isn’t too expensive-rather it costs a bit more than a box of Three-Lac.

There is extensive information about dosage on this message board.

Odds are a naturopath would start you off on a similar regimen.

Also, before you start, give yourself a few days to ween yourself off of caffeine and alcohol. Going cold turkey can be a huge stressor on your system and give you more problems.

Good luck

candidaquestion

Thanks to you both. Not sure if either of you will stop in and see this at this point, but thought I’d post a follow up. What percent of candida sufferers get the symptoms that accompany die-off? I imagine that if I do develop symptoms it would be pretty cut and dry that I do in fact suffer from candida?

Also, i recognize that to cleanse my system of this issue can take years, but what would be a reasonable period of time to experience relief from many of the symptoms of candida? I think the biggest one I’m looking to see relief from are the brain fog/short term memory issues. I’ve got about a million of the various symptoms but these 2 are the ones I’d love to get some relief from.

Thanks again.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

candidaquestion;57673 wrote: Thanks to you both. Not sure if either of you will stop in and see this at this point, but thought I’d post a follow up. What percent of candida sufferers get the symptoms that accompany die-off? I imagine that if I do develop symptoms it would be pretty cut and dry that I do in fact suffer from candida?

Also, i recognize that to cleanse my system of this issue can take years, but what would be a reasonable period of time to experience relief from many of the symptoms of candida? I think the biggest one I’m looking to see relief from are the brain fog/short term memory issues. I’ve got about a million of the various symptoms but these 2 are the ones I’d love to get some relief from.

Thanks again.

You don’t need Threelac to diagnose CRC. Only cutting sugar and most carbohydrates, you will notice a change. Eat green vegetables, eggs, fish, and turnips for a couple of days. You will notice a reaction (more symptoms) or a reduction of the symptoms. If the overgrowth is big, there will be a reaction (die-off) if it is moderate, you will feel less symptoms. In any case, you may consider an anticandida plan. Adding raw garlic to this 2 days diet, will give you more clues.

Jorge

candidaquestion

dvjorge;57674 wrote:

Thanks to you both. Not sure if either of you will stop in and see this at this point, but thought I’d post a follow up. What percent of candida sufferers get the symptoms that accompany die-off? I imagine that if I do develop symptoms it would be pretty cut and dry that I do in fact suffer from candida?

Thanks again.

You don’t need Threelac to diagnose CRC. Only cutting sugar and most carbohydrates, you will notice a change. Eat green vegetables, eggs, fish, and turnips for a couple of days. You will notice a reaction (more symptoms) or a reduction of the symptoms. If the overgrowth is big, there will be a reaction (die-off) if it is moderate, you will feel less symptoms. In any case, you may consider an anticandida plan. Adding raw garlic to this 2 days diet, will give you more clues.

Jorge

Unfortunately I don’t do fish, but I see what you’re saying. I would guess substituting organic chicken in place of fish would be acceptable?

raster
    Participant

Chicken should be fine…I felt horrible day 1 personally on the diet, but we are all different. Expect flu-like symptoms if you have it bad.

-raster

candidaquestion

Thats why I’m planning it for the weekend. I’d like to just get through this, but in the event it’s really bad I do have to work on Monday…would the flu like symptoms clear up quickly if I stopped using the antifungals and went back to my regular poor diet? I don’t intend to do that, but depending on how bad it is, I can’t afford to take the week off right now to get past the die off, but I would at least like to have a good idea about what has been causing me all these problems for years.

Oh, also, thanks again to you all for your insight.

raster
    Participant

They can clear up quickly if you do the correct things. For instance, if you were to go to a sauna and sweat out the toxins, this should help you detox. If you take liver cleansing supplements this should help you get better fast. Acupuncture can help you turn around almost immediately…

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I have a question regarding verifying my candida’ is closed to new replies.