I did this to myself

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals I did this to myself

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fscott
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 17

I don’t know that this post will be particularly useful for anyone and I don’t have any questions but I think it’s important that I write my story down. I’ve cut myself off from everyone and so it’s probably best that I put myself out there somehow, even if it’s just on the internet. I’m afraid that I’ll get so isolated for so long that after a certain period I won’t be able to connect with anyone.

I had intestinal parasites for about a year and a half. I was embarrassed about it and I didn’t have health insurance so instead of going to a doctor I ordered antibiotics online. Stupid. Did a couple rounds. Didn’t cure me. After about 8 months I got a real diagnosis from a doctor and he prescribed me a round of antibiotics. I noticed when I read about the parasite online that it kept mentioning how I needed to follow the antibiotic I was prescribed with another antibiotic to truly eradicate the thing. Didn’t say anything to my doctor about it because I assumed he knew what he was talking about. Again, stupid. After the infection didn’t clear he put me on another round of the same antibiotics. Didn’t work. Several months later I went to another doctor and insisted to him that I get both types of antibiotics. It worked and within a few weeks I was feeling great. I had forgotten how it felt to have a working body. My brain was finally working again and I was able to appreciate things in a new way. I fell in love with someone. For the first time. It was great. Then he broke up with me (over a text message) and I stopped taking probiotics and I stressed and I drank a bunch of alcohol and I didn’t sleep very much.

And that’s how I got Candida.

My digestive system started to go downhill. I started getting yeast infections on my penis. I couldn’t think clearly. I was easily irritated and I was becoming a real asshole. Even when I wouldn’t act like an asshole, I would still think like one. All my life people had joked about how overly nice I was and suddenly I was the biggest prick I knew.

I started following a kind of anti-candida protocol about 5 months ago. But I’ve made a number of mistakes that have hindered my progress. Followed the wrong advice. Took several products which I now think were probably useless and maybe even detrimental. Still, I feel significantly better now. I’m glad that things are moving in the right direction. I’ve recently started a much more strict protocol. The thing I would most like to resolve is my mental clarity. I know that I’m not as sharp as I used to be and it drives me crazy. I don’t really enjoy interacting with people because I know I’m not as clever as I could be and so I just get embarrassed. Also, I hate the idea of candida creeping up into a conversation because it makes very me uncomfortable to talk about. I don’t wan’t to explain why I’m not drinking and why I eat rutabaga. I assume people will think I’m a nut because doctors don’t recognize this condition and because I’m getting my medical advice online.

I’m hopeful that I can cure this thing. The diet is not that hard anymore and I actually enjoy the discipline the treatment requires. I know I need to start adopting a more positive attitude and this website has helped me to move in that direction. I’m grateful for that.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thank you for posting your story, fscott, hopefully it’ll give the members some insight as far as what to avoid from now on in case they’ve not already learned.

I sincerely hope that you can find help through the forum protocol and the members here. You’ve probably already seen that these members are always ready and willing to help out a fellow sufferer; they’re a team of really great people in my opinion.

Sincerely, Able

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey fscott,

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Look at this as a fresh start. Think how long it took you to develop this condition and it will take at least that much time to recover. Be fair to your body and be positive. I’ve been on the protocol here for almost 2 months and I’m feeling better than ever. I’m sure you find relief soon. Give it time, ask questions and thanks for sharing. Don’t blame yourself for taking antibiotics I’ve taken them and I’m sure many people here have but learn from your mistakes and use it to help others. Stay positive.

fscott
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 17

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys.

Able- It’s great that you keep helping out with this forum after your issues have been more or less resolved. You’re obviously a good person.

Positivo- You’re right that I need to get more positive. Reading your posts has been beneficial for me in that aspect; your attitude’s kind of infectious. I’m starting to view this more as an opportunity to change my outlook and get a new start at life.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

fscott wrote: Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys.

Able- It’s great that you keep helping out with this forum after your issues have been more or less resolved. You’re obviously a good person.

Positivo- You’re right that I need to get more positive. Reading your posts has been beneficial for me in that aspect; your attitude’s kind of infectious. I’m starting to view this more as an opportunity to change my outlook and get a new start at life.

I’m glad you feel that way. I learned that if I stay positive about the protocol it will be easier to stay on it for the long run. This will take time but I just think about all the great things I plan to do with my life and this is a great opportunity for me to understand my body, food and how I can use everything I learned to improve my body internally and externally. I also didn’t have this attitude my whole life. Even though candida is a huge negative it made me positive. Good luck and spread the positive energy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I did this to myself’ is closed to new replies.