I changed to Baker Yeast !!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I changed to Baker Yeast !!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sdeopaul 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

I left S. Boulardii and began Baker Yeast that is cheaper.

It looks like Baker Yeast is working the same or better than S. Boulardii.

The cell wall of Baker Yeast is a source of 1.3 Beta Glucan that is an effective immune booster able to fight cancer and microbial infections.

Jorge.

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Interesting. What is the amount you are taking?

I took S. Boulardii for a week and felt pretty miserable. It also made my stool yellow. Maybe die-off.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I have to say I am feeling a lot better taking high doses of S. Boulardii everyday. It’s only been 9 days and I’m always skeptical. I Will post progress later on in treatment.

Bakers yeast in what form?
    Also what species of yeast in bakers yeast makes it beneficial?

Thanks for updates as usual and keep us posted.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

When you take this, are you not having coconut oil or other food antifungals?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Ruffian;40984 wrote: Interesting. What is the amount you are taking?

I took S. Boulardii for a week and felt pretty miserable. It also made my stool yellow. Maybe die-off.

Yes I started with S Boulardii on the weekend & have felt the first bit of die off for a few months.

It was possible having a leaky gut reaction to hemp just before I started (that may not have helped), as I was using the protein powder quite a lot daily & was effecting my digestion (hot/burning feeling in the stomach & loose dark stool).

But since I started with the SB I noticed a bit more fatigue & brain fog/vision drag. I started taking 2 x 5bill caps per day so have backed down to one.

dvjorge, in your opinion would it matter if I completed the SB caps & then swapped too bakers yeast, or would you advise using SB for a bit longer?

SomeDay
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

You mean, Sach. cerevisae right, dvjorge? Its very widespread as the primary agent in fermented food/beverages. I am actually using it for fermenting coconuts and plan to try plantains and others. It works well, lots of bubbling and gas! Its a lot cheaper yep.

Here in Spain we call it “Beer Yeast”.

Which one are you using? All the products I have seen are “inactive” except mine which says “stabilized”. But people online says you can easily activate it, I think I did.

SomeDay

So I discovered I am taking brewers yeast, which its not reccomended for candida or yeast infections. Im not worried, I have done worse things and my young body resisted everything lol But it has an astounding nutritional profile. Getting the baker´s one shouldnt be difficult.

The nutrition data of baker´s yeast active dry its almost as good as the brewers one. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/baked-products/5130/2

A study confirming the value of Sach. Cerevisae against candida: http://www.academicjournals.org/ijmms/PDF/Pdf2011/March/Premanathan%20et%20al.pdf

LOL dvjorge, you will always be remembered as the guy that first said sodium bicarbonate was curing his candida and finally came up with BAKER YEAST. If this doesnt works we could try drinking some tap water! Just kidding xD

jdib
    Replies: 23

Jorge,

What brand of bakers yeast ar you using and at what dosage?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

jdib;41112 wrote: Jorge,

What brand of bakers yeast are you using and at what dosage?

I have no idea about the brand since a friend who owns a bakery gave them to me.

I take 1/2 teaspoon 3 times dissolved in 4 ounces of water.

Jorge.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Many people who have candida REACT to yeast like Baker’s or Brewer’s Yeast (due to the immune systems sensitivity).

I think it is important to add this, but glad it is working for you jorge.

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

So it seems bakers/brewers/active dry yeast are all the same am i right??

benc

does this mean Marmite is back on the menu?

SomeDay

Emsmith;41121 wrote: So it seems bakers/brewers/active dry yeast are all the same am i right??

Nope. Even while jorge ignored me (not that I care lol) I managed to solve the problem on my own. Brewer´s yeast its different from Baker´s. One of the main differences its that Brewer´s Yeast its not a good source of Beta Glucans. Active dry yeast its a form of Baker´s. Getting it from a bakery its perfect 🙂

benc

SomeDay;41163 wrote:

So it seems bakers/brewers/active dry yeast are all the same am i right??

Nope. Even while jorge ignored me (not that I care lol) I managed to solve the problem on my own. Brewer´s yeast its different from Baker´s. One of the main differences its that Brewer´s Yeast its not a good source of Beta Glucans. Active dry yeast its a form of Baker´s. Getting it from a bakery its perfect 🙂

You can buy this is the supermarket, no?

http://www.waitrose.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductView-10317-10001-2754-Allinson+baking+yeast+active+dried.html?storeId=10317

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Anyone besides DVjorge who gets results using S. cerevisiae only?

I can’t find more research on the subject, s. boulardii is documented to be used this way, but cant find a proper in vivo study of using s. cerevisiae..

Found this one on the forum: http://www.academicjournals.org/ijmms/PDF/Pdf2011/March/Premanathan%20et%20al.pdf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I changed to Baker Yeast !!’ is closed to new replies.