I am taking SF722 Undecenoic Acid

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I am taking SF722 Undecenoic Acid

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Hi everybody, this week I started the SF722, I have no die-off symptoms ( Not that I miss them) but I don’t feel any difference at all, the diet is doing good and I am trying antifungals every week one different. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Munoz wrote: Hi everybody, this week I started the SF722, I have no die-off symptoms ( Not that I miss them) but I don’t feel any difference at all, the diet is doing good and I am trying antifungals every week one different. Any comments are welcome.

How long have you been on the treatment and what exactly are you taking other than the SF722? What were you taking last week and when did the die-off cease?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How many capsules per meal are you taking?

You should take 2 capsules twice a day with meals starting out; then eventually move up to 2 capsules 3x per day.

You may not notice much of a difference; the main thing I noticed was that I just starting to feel a lot better and started to heal more quickly.

What other supplements are you taking?

-Raster

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Thanks guys, I bought (Thorne brand) soft gels, indicates to take 5 gels twice or three times a day, I am taking 5 twice a day 1 hour after main meals, tommorrow I will start my second week.

Previous of that I was taking the Kyolic garlic tablets, 2 with every meal one week.

Before garlic I had the oil of oregano.

Before Oil of oregano I had Grapeseed oil, by the way is the only one that makes me feel sick, nauseas.

So I am kind of rotating antifungals, and I am in my 6th week since I started the cleansing and diet.

:0)

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Munoz wrote: Hi everybody, this week I started the SF722, I have no die-off symptoms ( Not that I miss them) but I don’t feel any difference at all, the diet is doing good and I am trying antifungals every week one different. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Undecenoic/Undecylenic acid found in the SF-722 capsules from Thorne Research is the closest thing to an Rx antifungal. It is a good product and have been used by the pharma industry to make antifungal compounds such as Desenex. It is a short chain fatty acid very similar to another fatty acid that has shown the ability to disrupt candida albicans biofilm matrix. This may explain its effective activity as antifungal. 2 decenoic acid is found in Royal Jelly a product derived from Bee’s production , and 10 undecenoic acid is Castor Bean derived. See how they have similar names.
    I am pretty sure it will help you, specially if combined with a fungicidal antifungal.

Jorge.

http://jb.asm.org/content/191/5/1393.short

dvjorge
    Participant

I am trying antifungals every week one different.

By the way,
    Do you have a sensitivity test according to the yeast species/strain is affecting you ??
    Changing the “antifungals” every week can be a big mistake if you don’t have supportive information.
    Jorge.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Changing the “antifungals” every week can be a big mistake if you don’t have supportive information.
    Jorge.

Can you explain this more please. Thank you.

Kirsty

dvjorge
    Participant

kirstyk4 wrote: Changing the “antifungals” every week can be a big mistake if you don’t have supportive information.
    Jorge.

Can you explain this more please. Thank you.

Kirsty

Yes, I will do for you.
    Rotating the antifungals is a myth found in the web about how to treat this syndrome. It isn’t only a myth but a dangerous one.
    Rotating antifungals actually builds up yeast strains that have multiple resistance mutations.
    Microbes mutate at a rate of one in a million. This means that for every million of yeast cells, there will be one with a mutation in its DNA. It is a natural occurring process no matter if you are taking or not medications. During an infection there will be billions of yeast cells on the infected tissues, and the respective mutants. The way to eradicate those mutants is with a longer treatment and higher doses of an effective antimicrobial agent.
    Susceptibility test is a MUST if you want to rotate antifungals. No all yeast strains and species are susceptible to all antifungal substances. For example, you chose Oregano Oil and Garlic. The effective antifungal substance in Oregano Oil is carvacrol, and in Garlic, allicin. If you chose Garlic the first week , and you are lucky it is effective, the yeast colonies will be dying, then the next week you switch to Oregano Oil, if the colonies are affecting you are also susceptible to carvacrol, you will be ok, but if not, those yeast colonies will recover using the stronger mutated cells (the survivors) Then, when you come back with Garlic again, those mutants will be stronger and resistant to it. In fact, rotating antimicrobial substances without a susceptibility test promote resistance and mutation. At the end, you will have a yeast infection resistant to multiples antifungals.

You have to be extremely careful with the ideas you find in the web.
    See this Metametrix mycology sample test, and how yeast can be resistant to known natural or Rx compounds. How will you know that choosing antifungal products randomly they all will be effective against your fungal infestation ??

I hope this help you,
    Jorge.

http://www.metametrix.com/files/test-menu/sample-reports/GI-Effects-Mycology-SR.pdf

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Good stuff jorge…never knew this! I have just been taking 3 or so antifungals myself throughout my treatment (luckily).

-Raster

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Fascinating!! Makes perfect sense… and it’s worrying how many other sites/ forums recommend the rotation of antifungals every 5 days. I don’t have the patience for that (luckily!!) and have been taking all of the recommended antifungals every day… just sometimes taking a break if I run out of one and don’t get to the health shop for a few days.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Jorge!

Very interesting info. But what shall I do now? I took GrapeFruitSeed Extract until I finished the bottle. Maybe it took me 3 weeks. Shall I now buy a new one and higher the dose? I didn’t buy a new bottle and are waiting for my SF722 i ordered. My plan was to take them until they are finished and then switch to Oil of oregano until that bottle is finished. I understand your info but I don’t get a battle plan idea out of it. Does it mean switching after such a short time is not good or switching at all.

What shall I do now?

thanks
    Thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thomas – Check out Ables Respone to rob – he explains that you should switch every 2 weeks so you sound like you’re on track. I was kind of doing what you were – taking one (or 3!) until they run out and then taking a different mix.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Lucylu wrote: Thomas – Check out Ables Respone to rob – he explains that you should switch every 2 weeks so you sound like you’re on track. I was kind of doing what you were – taking one (or 3!) until they run out and then taking a different mix.

thanks Lucylu!!! 😉 Hope you are moving forward in the battle. I am still in the middle with lots off ups and downs.
    cheers
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant

Thomas wrote: Hi Jorge!

Very interesting info. But what shall I do now? I took GrapeFruitSeed Extract until I finished the bottle. Maybe it took me 3 weeks. Shall I now buy a new one and higher the dose? I didn’t buy a new bottle and are waiting for my SF722 i ordered. My plan was to take them until they are finished and then switch to Oil of oregano until that bottle is finished. I understand your info but I don’t get a battle plan idea out of it. Does it mean switching after such a short time is not good or switching at all.

What shall I do now?

thanks
    Thomas

Hi,
    If you have a sensitivity test, you can follow it, if not, what I will do is stick with the antifungals that have caused you “die-off”. It is a way to know they are working. Most MD who have treated candida agree the best way to combat this syndrome is taking multiples antifungals at the same time. At least two. It avoids treatment failure and you have more chance of having at least one of them working. If I were in your case, I will stop the GSE , and switch to Oregano Oil, Coconut Oil, and Olive Leaf Extract at the same time. Don’t take Oragano Oil long term, you can keep Olive Leaf and Coconut Oil more time. If your diet is an “smart” diet, it should be enough to give you relief. It all depend about your particular case. This syndrome has more than one face, and you mayn’t what is really the worse part for you. The response to a well planned treatment may tell you the road you have to take.

Good Luck,
    Jorge.
    PS: Since you have SF-722 on the way, you can use it together with Oregano Oil and Coconut Oil.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

There is a suggestion on some web sites that SF722 does not cause die off, has anyone found this to be true?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I am taking SF722 Undecenoic Acid’ is closed to new replies.