I am not losing weight????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I am not losing weight????

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cluckie97 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cluckie97
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I have been on the diet for 2 weeks now and I am following it to a T!! NO cheating whatsoever!!! Of course, my ultimate goal is to feel better, but I have been trying to lose weight for a year now and the scale hasn’t budged. I was hoping that now that I have discovered I have candida that by getting rid of it, I may start to lose weight. What is wrong with me? On top of not losing weight, I am still very bloated. Does anyone have any idea??

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Bloating is related to a low level of stomach acid.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx
    It can also be related to not chewing your food enough. Some enzymes or Swedish Bitters can elevate the problem too.

cluckie97

Thank you! That makes sense and I didn’t even think of that being the issue…maybe if I can get that under control I can start losing weight. Probably not, but worth hoping for.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A lot of people lose weight on the diet. What are you consuming in your diet?

-raster

cluckie97

Raster,

I am eating the following:

breakfast – some egg whites, but have reaction to that
    steel cut oats or brown rice cereal with almond milk

protein; chicken, turkey, fish, beef, pork
    nuts: almonds
    tons of veggies
    brown rice or quinoa occasionally
    hummus

that’s it in a nut shell!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

cluckie97;51900 wrote: Raster,

I am eating the following:

breakfast – some egg whites, but have reaction to that
    steel cut oats or brown rice cereal with almond milk

protein; chicken, turkey, fish, beef, pork
    nuts: almonds
    tons of veggies
    brown rice or quinoa occasionally
    hummus

that’s it in a nut shell!

Rice should be consumed in stage three of the diet. Not at week two! Some for quinoa, which is a test food.
    Almond milk is a good form of milk, but it is a test product. I’d start using it in stage 2. Drink kefir instead.
    Do not eat beef and definitely not pork! Chicken, turkey and fish are good, but you should limit the chicken and turkey to twice a week. These have to be organic. Fish doesn’t have to be organic, but fatty fish tend to build up a lot of heavy metals (like mercury). Eat young, non fatty fish. There is no limit on organic fish.
    Try some vegetarian alternatives like hemp seeds, buckwheat (test food), oat bran (also a test food), chlorella or spirulina.

PS: I had underweight before I started the diet. Maybe because my liver was completely broken.
    I started to gain some weight after a few weeks (3 kg, which is not much, but at least I don’t have underweight any more).

cluckie97

Thank you! I have just been following what my doctor told me. There are so many different diets out there that it is hard to figure out what I should do so I just stuck with what she told me. I will try out your suggestions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I am not losing weight????’ is closed to new replies.