Hypoglycemia and Candidiasis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hypoglycemia and Candidiasis

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

livinghealthy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi,

I’ve got Hypoglycemia and I’m pretty sure I have candida as well. I’m not sure if the Hypoglycemia is related to the candida as I’ve had one of the symptoms of Hypoglycemia for years before i even noticed candida (I noticed candida when i had a white tongue) and because my mum has the same condition without candida, however i’m aware they could be linked.

Does anyone have this condition as well? I’m struggling with the diet and while i can keep wheat free it is almost impossible to keep sugar free, not because of cravings because those i can manage but because of the hand shacking and feeling of almost passing out. While i’m low on blood sugar i feel terrible and can’t study (which is important for my degree).

My assumption here, and i’m no medical expert, is that the candida yeast is eating all the sugar and not giving any to my body which is causing the hypoglycemia to worsen, but if i dont eat sugar i feel terrible to the point where i could pass out.

I’m hoping someone could suggest some form of help as i can’t exactly go to the doctor with this assumption as many of you have said candida isn’t a real diagnosis.

The only real symptom i have that i can relate to candida is the tiredness/brain fog/memory and white tongue. Although my brain fog and memory aren’t even that bad…I mean who doesn’t forget stuff? Especially as a student i have to remember a hundred and one things, so this could just be normal.

I’ve also suffered from eczema from birth, although i’m not sure if this is related.

Currently I’m taking probiotics and a bunch of supplements…and i’m going to give threelac a go, i’m sticking to the wheat free part of the diet and drinking a lot more water, overall i’ve become a lot more healthy although i’m sure this is not enough. I HAVE to eat something sugary every so often (day or 2days apart) otherwise I feel like I’m going to pass out/can’t function

I’d appreciate any kind of advice or anyone in a similar situation.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My recommendation is to go to fruit instead of sugar…or get a juicer and start juicing veggies.

-raster

livinghealthy
    Replies: 3

Ok thanks, i shall try this!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Fruits are good for hypoglycemia, but not so good if you have candida. You can also try resistant starches.
    Hypoglycemia is a typical adrenal problem.

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Fruits are something that should be tried.

If you read various threads on this forum, you’ll find that some people benefit greatly from adding fruits to their diet, while others experience an increase in candida-related problems.

To me, it looks like everybody is different, so everybody will react differently to fruits. As far as I know, no predictive test has been discovered. Adding fruits is therefore something you should just try. Just add fruits (the natural ones of course, not some supermarket fruit mix with lots of added sugar or sirup), then see what happens. If your situation deteriorates, stop eating fruits. If your situation improves, celebrate and continue eating fruits.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I just want to warn you:

If you have low blood sugar, I hope you got checked thoroughly by a MD for diabetis and other hormone related issues.

Your symptoms sound like plain and simple low blood sugar. Normal, during starvation, the endocrine system will maintain a with-in range blood sugar. Most people have a white
    tongue 🙂

Especially the “but because of the hand shacking and feeling of almost passing out.” Get to your MD asap.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

klips32;56886 wrote: Especially the “but because of the hand shacking and feeling of almost passing out.” Get to your MD asap.

I also had hand shacking and feeling of almost passing out. Doing a low sugar diet fixed this problem.

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Still, klips32 is right. Diabetes just could be the cause of these symptoms.

Your experience underlines that it must not be the cause. But it still could be the cause.

I concur with klips32. If diabetes could be the cause, that must either be confirmed or rules out before proceeding. Ignoring the possibility could be detrimental to OP’s health.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hypoglycemia and Candidiasis’ is closed to new replies.