Hypoglycemia and Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hypoglycemia and Candida

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shannon29 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rizian
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Is hypoglycemia and hypoglycemic attacks actual symptoms of candida overgrowth? I’ve read a lot about people mistaking candida overgrowth for hypoglycemia, is that because of the low energy levels, or does candida overgrowth actually cause hypoglycemia?

I’m just curious because my main health problem, as well as numerous others, is that i get hypoglycemic attacks on a daily basis after i eat food. I’ve seen the best endocrinologists in my country and its not diabetes, reactive hypoglycemia, or pre-diabetes. They literally have no clue why my blood sugar was going so crazy.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing you should try is cinnamon capsules which can help regulate your blood sugar levels naturally. It also heals leaky gut.

I can’t answer your question though; I had energy and blood sugar problems during the infestation period; it improved in time with the diet.

-raster

Shannon29
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Rizian,

Reactive Hypoglycemia is definitely part of the candida nightmare. I used to get horrible panic attacks, dizziness, and tremors because of it. Every time I would go to the ER, they would tell me that my blood sugar was fine and that there was no evidence of diabetes. It was only when I went to see a kinesiologist that I was told the candida had affected my endocrine system. Basically, the fungus made its way out of my gut and into my pancreas causing insulin resistance. My adrenals were already stressed due to the strain of fighting the infection. The adrenals, pancreas, thyroid, and the other endocrine glands work together very closely, so when one is affected the others go out of whack too. It seemed that the die off made the hypo worse, but it’s the typical response (symptoms get worse while herxing).

Acupuncture has been a cornerstone of healing for me. My kinesiologist has an acugraph machine that measures the energies in my particular organs so he knows what to treat.

Blood sugar drops are so scary, but I learned to manage them by eating a high protein/low carb diet. The only carbs I get are from veggies (can’t handle anything else) Also, I eat 5-6 small meals per day as opposed to 3 big meals. At first, I had to eat every hour and a half, but now that I’ve figured out the eating combination and killing more candida, I can go about 3 hours before I need to eat again. Make sure to eat protein at every meal. This will slow the glucose release and avoid spikes in blood sugar. Eat some protein right before bed too (only a small amount). This will avoid the blood sugar drop in the night and the morning shakes. Make sure you eat within the hour of waking up, and its best to eat lunch between 12 and 1, and dinner between 6 and 7 pm (this is when your cortisol levels fluctuate the most).

As far as cinnamon goes, I have a ton of food allergies from leaky gut so I react to it. Diet and planning your eating times/portions and killing the candida is the best way to go. Just stick to it, I promise it gets better!

Rizian
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Shannon29 wrote: Rizian,

Reactive Hypoglycemia is definitely part of the candida nightmare. I used to get horrible panic attacks, dizziness, and tremors because of it. Every time I would go to the ER, they would tell me that my blood sugar was fine and that there was no evidence of diabetes. It was only when I went to see a kinesiologist that I was told the candida had affected my endocrine system. Basically, the fungus made its way out of my gut and into my pancreas causing insulin resistance. My adrenals were already stressed due to the strain of fighting the infection. The adrenals, pancreas, thyroid, and the other endocrine glands work together very closely, so when one is affected the others go out of whack too. It seemed that the die off made the hypo worse, but it’s the typical response (symptoms get worse while herxing).

Acupuncture has been a cornerstone of healing for me. My kinesiologist has an acugraph machine that measures the energies in my particular organs so he knows what to treat.

Blood sugar drops are so scary, but I learned to manage them by eating a high protein/low carb diet. The only carbs I get are from veggies (can’t handle anything else) Also, I eat 5-6 small meals per day as opposed to 3 big meals. At first, I had to eat every hour and a half, but now that I’ve figured out the eating combination and killing more candida, I can go about 3 hours before I need to eat again. Make sure to eat protein at every meal. This will slow the glucose release and avoid spikes in blood sugar. Eat some protein right before bed too (only a small amount). This will avoid the blood sugar drop in the night and the morning shakes. Make sure you eat within the hour of waking up, and its best to eat lunch between 12 and 1, and dinner between 6 and 7 pm (this is when your cortisol levels fluctuate the most).

As far as cinnamon goes, I have a ton of food allergies from leaky gut so I react to it. Diet and planning your eating times/portions and killing the candida is the best way to go. Just stick to it, I promise it gets better!

Hmmm… interesting. Well i don’t have reactive hypoglycemia. My blood sugar drops when i eat food without sugar, and I can keep it stable when eating foods high in fast releasing sugars.

I’m not quite sure how the acupuncture would have helped your health problems, since scientific research has disclaimed it of curing any actual health problems, other than being relaxing and of course the placebo effect.

Also, the more i research into candida overgrowth, it seems to not be an actual diagnosis, other than systemic candida overgrowth which is a life threatening condition and i’d be in the hospital if i had that.

Sadly i do not think my health problems will be as easily fixed as i was hoping when i first laid my eyes on this so called candida overgrowth diagnosis.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Hmmm… interesting. Well i don’t have reactive hypoglycemia. My blood sugar drops when i eat food without sugar, and I can keep it stable when eating foods high in fast releasing sugars.

There are many more qualified to speak on these subjects but, from my limited understanding, you might be dealing with an endocrine system issue. It’s a very complicated system which regulates so many body systems. I think that’s the crux of my issues which allowed candida to flourish. I say this because eating something should raise blood sugar. Cinnamon is well known to help regulate blood sugar. Remember, the body runs on blood glucose and everything you eat turns into glucose at some point: even red meat. The brain can’t function without blood glucose.

Have you looked into hypothyroid or adrenal fatigue, both of which are critical components of the endocrine system? Believe it or not, read articles tonight (ray pete) speaking about how serotonin creates hormones which effect the endocrine hormones. Low body temps are a sign of some malfunction going on with this feedback loop.

I’m not quite sure how the acupuncture would have helped your health problems, since scientific research has disclaimed it of curing any actual health problems, other than being relaxing and of course the placebo effect.

Disagree. There is a lot to be said about Chinese medicine: they speak in simpler terms but, deal with the basics. Years ago when trying acupuncture, they took one look at my pulse and simply said, “you are out of balance.” It only took 7 more years to realize how correct they were: my system is out of balance otherwise candida wouldn’t have had the opportunity to gain traction. I thought much like you at the time and didn’t stick with it long enough for it to have much over all healing effects.

Much western medicine sadly is about greed: quick money. They want people to believe only their medicines can cure so they can sell more product. There’s just too much money at stake with the most profitable industry ever to give much heed to candida since most of their biggest profit makers actually cause candida: the pill, antibiotics, steroids, etc…..they don’t want to sacrifice sales/profits while admitting liability. Big pharma controls the FDA and most medical training.

It’s only a matter of time before the lid gets blown off and there’s little big pharma can do about stopping the word spreading about candida. There’s just too many people suffering to keep it quiet much longer.

Also, the more i research into candida overgrowth, it seems to not be an actual diagnosis, other than systemic candida overgrowth which is a life threatening condition and i’d be in the hospital if i had that.

Candida and candida issues were here since the beginning of time. Babies have suffered from oral thrush forever. So, it is an actual diagnosis, tests which prove it and new drugs being developed to treat it which Big pharma wouldn’t invest in without a certain market (remember: greed/money = big pharma = medical training).

I personally was hospitalized due to candida, only the hospital and surgical staff didn’t recognize what was really going on at the time. I have xrays and diagnostics which show I was critically ill but, they fell short of doing the proper tests at the time before treating me. Jordan Rubin of Garden of Life products and the best selling The Maker’s Diet book fame was diagnosed with severe candidasis among a whole laundry list of other digestive illnesses and not only survived but, thrived. His story is all over the net.

However, I come to embrace candida as an opportunistic organism and not a stand alone illness. Typically, there is some other issue/imbalance/dis-ease which allows candida to do it’s natural job: clean up the mess. Figuring out what the real cause is the enigma and harder than imagined. There are far more qualified people here than me to help guide you. Many are very well versed on extremely complicated subjects and might open doors of thought which you may not even realize are part of your suffering.

Perhaps if you shared more about your issues people here could be of more assistance. There’s probably far more going on than just blood sugar regulation issues, whether you recognize them presently or not. Took me almost a year to start seeing many things with clarity and even now, there’s still much fog to be lifted upon my case.

Sadly i do not think my health problems will be as easily fixed as i was hoping when i first laid my eyes on this so called candida overgrowth diagnosis.

I’m sorry as I have been there…am still there seeking how to deal with my genuine health maladies. I got very excited after suffering for 8 years with a known mysterious digestive disorder, though I was sick for at least a decade prior if not all the way back to childhood. A year ago when candida came to light I thought it was going to be a year of treatment to get well. I’m worse off from treatment, mainly from lack of direction from the medical community. They just don’t understand what this forum is set up to help teach: it’s a very complicated illness and not an easy/cheap fix to treat. If you print out all the forum protocol pages it’s about 1/2 inch thick of paper: that’s amazingly large to digest. Suggest printing it out and really forming an action plan: don’t end up like me. There’s so much behind the protocol, unspoken concepts you can learn on your own which will only back up the forum’s protocol. Not saying take it for granted: please do your research. Only saying the more I learn the more the full protocol makes detailed sense. Also, some forum members are breaking ground on pioneering amazingly effect approaches to treatment beyond forum protocol. This may actually go a long way towards helping you achieve faster results than you think presently.

The main thing is not to give up….keep reading/learning/planning and keep hope. There is a solution which may take time but, there is one for your situation. If it is indeed candida related.

Wish you nothing but, blessings of healing grace.

Shannon29
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

I agree with you flailingWcandi. It is all endocrine. This is the source of my issue as well. Hypoglycemia is a symptom of an underlying cause, and if one is not full blown diabetic, it is surely an endocrine issue.

Eating sugary foods to maintain blood sugar is the worst thing anyone can do. It stresses the system more, and feeds the candida. I have found that sticking to the diet and pushing through the hypoglycemia has been paying off, but this is most likely because my endocrine system is healing and the candida infection is getting smaller. A proper diet is the best cure for any ailment, no matter what it is.

I have to disagree with the comment about the acupuncture as well. Chinese medicine has been around far longer than western medicine (which has done nothing for me but drain my pocket book and provide me with no results). I always have a healing crisis the night of/day after my acu treatments but then I feel so much better afterwards. After all, it was my kinesiologist who detected the endocrine issue before the western doctors even caught on. flailingWcandi is right, it is all about being imbalanced. That is how illness gets the opportunity to get to us.

The key to healing is to balance the body and boost the immune system (which means healing the gut because that’s the primary source of the immune system) by feeding the body what it needs and taking good care of it. There is no magic pill that is going to fix it, unfortunately. It takes alot of time, but remember you didn’t get sick overnight either. It’s the long way, but addressing the underlying issues will provide permanent results. Best of luck in your healing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hypoglycemia and Candida’ is closed to new replies.