How To Stay Out Of Ketosis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How To Stay Out Of Ketosis?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lewis0121
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Ok so i am on the candida high fat diet but am having an issue, it is the same issue I had 4 months ago and I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong – When I enter ketosis why symptoms are just as bad as high carb IF NOT WORSE.

There is a lot of evidence. I know this to be the case personally as for the first 4 days of the high fat no carb diet I feel great, then I start feeling ill and check my ketone levels and sure enough they are beginning to rise. SO I WANT OUT OF KETOSIS

My question Is how are we suppose to get enough carbs without getting too much sugar? as low GI vegetables are actually high in sugar when eaten in quantity’s that would provide sufficient carbs.

4 steps forwards 5 steps back.

Anyone having the same dilemma?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The secret is to not worry about the amount of sugar you consume or carbs, just avoid the worst offenders such as beats, or carrots in high quantities, cabbage in high quantities, etc.

There is no reason to avoid carbs, the yeast lives either way whether you go carb or sugar free or not, it simply adjusts what it feeds on.

-raster

lewis0121
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Rasta I’ve seen you quite a lot around this forum and you seem well informed.

Something you might find interesting:

Strangely when when I have fats (any amount over 10g) with white rice, (100g exactly) I get terrible headaches.

However when I have rice by itself with no fats at all for the previous 3 days I do not (this is of corse the view of an 80-10-10 enthusiast.

As sugar quickly enters the blood and quickly leaves with no fat where as with fat the blood sugar is raised more slowly but more a much slower and for a much longer period of time, and feeds the candida for longer?

I’m considering giving 80-10-10 another go in fact. Any opinions on this?

lewis0121
    Participant

Last time o attempted 80-10-10 after 3 days my tounge was white. However I have a massive list of allergys due to leaky gut and fruits are really new grounds for me. So my negative symptoms could have been down to an allergy I’m thinking (as I was having about 5000 bananas haha

raster
    Participant

Well I would try to eat brown rice vs. white because white is higher in glycemic index. I also don’t know what meat you were eating when mentioning fats, but if its beef or pork, it could be benefitting the yeast with the ammonia produced from eating it. I would stick to game meats, chicken, fish, etc. for diet.

-raster

lewis0121
    Participant

Ah I would do that but the supposed level of mold in brown rice concerns me. and it wasn’t even from meat I was using olive oil and ive also tried the same experiment with sunflower oil And coconut oil. its Crazy.

raster
    Participant

There isn’t any more mold in brown rice when compared to white rice, it is very very low amounts. So low I wouldn’t be worried about it. You could have a reaction to the meats because of sensitivities to ammonia and other gases. The headaches could also be caused by inflammation of the gut, because there often is a very strong gut-mind connection. Are you taking any supplements to help your body break down meat so it has less harmful byproducts?

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

Even if food contains some mold – why would that be a problem?

Mold is natural. Organic food contains more mold than processed food. But given that we evolved in very natural, very moldy circumstances, this isn’t a problem at all. Some say it’s even a boon (the hygiene hypothesis, about which you have probably heard).

Rabelais

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How To Stay Out Of Ketosis?’ is closed to new replies.