How to get off the Candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How to get off the Candida diet?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Cheesey 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’ve seen a lot of posts that elude to this and some of them have been mine. Now I’m desperate and I’d like to present this to the forum.

I’ve been on the Candida diet for over a year, it’s likely my problem is heavy metal toxicity. I’m trying to focus on healing my gut, while chelating some toxins through the GAPS diet. I introduced raw honey in ginger tea about 10 days ago. Surprise! my body can’t handel it, it causes inflammation in my toes. So, I followed the recommendation of someone on the GAPS forum to make applesauce and have that instead of honey. I tried that yesterday and this morning I woke up with irritated taste buds.

In the past I’ve asked this forum why you can’t go back to a normal diet once you’ve been on a Candida diet. The response I got was that the Candida has mutated and is stronger. I don’t think that’s the case. If it were, I would be having Candida symptoms not food intolerance symptoms. right?

I would like to know how I can exit this diet? Does anyone know? I would have certainly approached it with caution a year ago if I had known what it was going to do to me. My Candida symptoms are gone, but I can’t eat anything except meat.

Will I need to eat a Candida diet for the rest of my life? If so, new people should be warned.

thoughts?

mrs.candida

I forgot to mention that pre-candida diet I had ZERO food intolerances, just a ton of Candida symptoms.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

mrs.candida;43721 wrote: I’ve seen a lot of posts that elude to this and some of them have been mine. Now I’m desperate and I’d like to present this to the forum.

I’ve been on the Candida diet for over a year, it’s likely my problem is heavy metal toxicity. I’m trying to focus on healing my gut, while chelating some toxins through the GAPS diet. I introduced raw honey in ginger tea about 10 days ago. Surprise! my body can’t handel it, it causes inflammation in my toes. So, I followed the recommendation of someone on the GAPS forum to make applesauce and have that instead of honey. I tried that yesterday and this morning I woke up with irritated taste buds.

In the past I’ve asked this forum why you can’t go back to a normal diet once you’ve been on a Candida diet. The response I got was that the Candida has mutated and is stronger. I don’t think that’s the case. If it were, I would be having Candida symptoms not food intolerance symptoms. right?

I would like to know how I can exit this diet? Does anyone know? I would have certainly approached it with caution a year ago if I had known what it was going to do to me. My Candida symptoms are gone, but I can’t eat anything except meat.

Will I need to eat a Candida diet for the rest of my life? If so, new people should be warned.

thoughts?

I would pursue the heavy metals issue, specifically mercury. Google Andy Cutler and check out his books. I believe the link between mercury and candida is extremely overlooked. Seemingly all mercury poisoned people have yeast issues and from what I have read their yeast issues clear up after properly chelating. My advice is to browse the frequent, low dose chelation board at yahoo and come to your own conclusion.

mrs.candida

Thanks Thomas, I’m familiar with low dose chelation. I don’t think it’s right for me and the type of healing I want to do. I’m chelating naturally with the GAPS diet.

qwerty1
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

The GAPS diet doesn’t chelate anything…. I don’t know where your getting your science from.

You might get rid of it over several years, but your body will do that anyways naturallu. It won’t come out of your brain in your lifetime though. Unless you want a miserable few years you really should use andy cutlers protocol.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Start working in normal food once a week or so; over time your gut flora will develop so that it can properly digest it.

If you can detox the toxins then they won’t build up.

-raster

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Have you done testing for mercury, Mrs C?

mrs.candida

Cheesy, no not yet.
    I’m actually just going by how sick I am. I feel like I spent the last 12 months in a Candida Detox, constantly feeling horrible. Then I switch to the GAPS diet and all I get is intense die off, starting from day 1. I haven’t been able to work, or think straight FOR LIKE EVER! The brain fog seems to be getting worse, and worse.

Raster, that’s a good point, maybe I don’t have the enzymes to digest them.

Cheesey

mrs.candida;43739 wrote: Cheesy, no not yet.
    I’m actually just going by how sick I am. I feel like I spent the last 12 months in a Candida Detox, constantly feeling horrible. Then I switch to the GAPS diet and all I get is intense die off, starting from day 1. I haven’t been able to work, or think straight FOR LIKE EVER! The brain fog seems to be getting worse, and worse.

Raster, that’s a good point, maybe I don’t have the enzymes to digest them.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad, Mrs C. If its an consolation, I’m not doing at all well either and have more or less given up the idea that candida is my only or even main issue. I’m now suspecting a viral (most likely) or bacterial (my GP is currently testing me for lyme) infection is the cause of my issues.

I know this isn’t an antidote to problems, but have you considered trying mindfulness?

Mindfulness has been shown to have a number of beneficial traits that can really support you in your current predicament. First, it will allow you to significantly reduce any stress levels associated with your current situation. This is an important factor in enabling your body to rest and recover. Second, it will increase your ability to concentrate, even if it does not directly alleviate the cause of your concentration issues. Finally, mindfulness has recently been shown to positively alter gene expression to increase the efficiency of cell mitochondria – thus giving you more energy.

From a spiritual standpoint as well, it can be such a healing and liberating experience just to rest in the present moment.

If you’re interested let me know and I can point you in the direction of some good books.

mrs.candida

That’s so funny that you mention Mindfulness Cheesy. It sounds like the exact type of meditation I’ve been practicing.

I’m not exactly sure how to explain this, but when I meditate now I get a swelling in the back of my throat, not sure if it’s a release or an energy blockage. The only other times I get the swelling are when I get acupuncture and right before I start to cry about something sad. I’ve found it very interesting, so I wanted to mention it in case someone has had a similar experience.

I’m sorry to hear your not feeling well either Cheesy. Sounds like we are on a similar path. 🙁

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I hammered away at Candida for over a year along with the diet and felt pretty miserable the entire time. But when I added Colostrum, Intestinew capsules, and lypo spheric vitamin C……I started feeling so much better. I also started adding back in a bit of brown rice, yogurt (low sugar ones), gluten free bread, an occasional cheese, blue corn chips, almonds, etc and have had no problems. This is so much of a change I can’t believe it because last Thanksgiving I thought I was dying after eating a couple bites of stuffing and pecan pie. I literally felt pain in every inch of my body. Now I’m not reacting to most foods anymore. I’m not pushing it though.

Cheesey

mrs.candida;43763 wrote: That’s so funny that you mention Mindfulness Cheesy. It sounds like the exact type of meditation I’ve been practicing.

I’m not exactly sure how to explain this, but when I meditate now I get a swelling in the back of my throat, not sure if it’s a release or an energy blockage. The only other times I get the swelling are when I get acupuncture and right before I start to cry about something sad. I’ve found it very interesting, so I wanted to mention it in case someone has had a similar experience.

I’m sorry to hear your not feeling well either Cheesy. Sounds like we are on a similar path. 🙁

What exactly is it that you do in sitting meditation?

It could be an energy blockage. It could also be stress, or your posture, or whatever. The best thing to do is just to notice it and return to the breath (or whatever it is you do in your meditation). I often find that I get a pressure in the centre of my forehead as I am meditating and it is amplified when I am stressed or particularly unwell.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to get off the Candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.