How should I make kefir?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How should I make kefir?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SugarIsBad 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

It seems like I could order this Kefir Starter on iHerb:
    http://www.iherb.com/Yogourmet-Freeze-Dried-Kefir-Starter-1-oz/12071#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kefir&rc=11&sr=null&ic=1

Should I? And should I make it exactly the way it’s written there? Except that I would use water instead of milk. I won’t get the proteins if I do so, though, but I think it won’t matter very much.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Look up youtube videos of making kefir. I would make it with goat’s milk and try to get some grains locally if possible. There also is the kefir lady who can sell you grains over internet (google her website).

-raster

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

raster;52423 wrote: Look up youtube videos of making kefir. I would make it with goat’s milk and try to get some grains locally if possible. There also is the kefir lady who can sell you grains over internet (google her website).

-raster

Does that mean that the one from iHerb won’t work? I quite doubt I could ever find grains here where I live. I’m not very sure about it, though.

And I might search for some goat’s milk and use it instead of water. I’d prefer using water, though. If the milk does nothing to provide more probiotics, I’ll use water instead. Cheaper and + won’t need to search for the milk. I don’t think the proteins would make much difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How should I make kefir?’ is closed to new replies.