How Should I Be Feeling?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How Should I Be Feeling?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

NiftyEpiphany
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

From all that I’ve read and from talking with a friend who’s been on the diet for almost a year, I understand the first few weeks of the Candida diet can be very difficult to get through, mainly due to yeast die-off. However, I’ve been on the diet since January 2nd and, other than caffeine withdrawals, I’ve not had any adverse physical affects. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing wrong. I haven’t started the probiotic pills yet, and have only recently (within the last two days) bought brown, “natural” eggs (same as “organic?”)–is this the cause?

I’ve cut all breads and gluten products, cane sugar (replaced with stevia), caffeine, and dairy (with the exception of plain Greek yogurt) from my diet and have been shopping at organic markets. I’ve gotten over the caffeine withdrawal hump now, and am feeling quite good. Do some people not feel the affects of die-off? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Nifty. Welcome to the forum.

Normally the die-off effects are felt within the first two to five days of the detox period. Or course, this can also depend on the degree of infestation you have. Tell us about your symptoms before starting the detox. Also, if you’ve not read the forum’s information on a safe cleanse, diet, and general protocol, you should read these three posts because, if you’re reading the members’ posts, these three posts make up the protocol which they are speaking of.

Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Allowed Foods:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx
    Able

NiftyEpiphany

I decided to do the diet back in November and have been researching ever since, so yes, I’ve read the information on this site.

I didn’t have bothersome symptoms like recurring vaginal yeast infections or oral thrush or anything as tangible as that; rather, I decided to change my diet due to ongoing issues with acne, heavy, painful menstruation, and a general desire to live more healthfully. My friend Suzy first told me about the candida diet (she’s been on it since May of ’11) and said her periods became lighter and easier to manage, her skin cleared up, she dropped about 20 pounds (and now has to consciously eat to keep weight ON), and now has more energy than ever before. After doing my own research investigating the breadth of benefits to the anti-yeast diet, I decided to do it as well, starting in the New Year.

As I mentioned, I’ve faithfully adhered to the diet (stage 1) since January 2nd, however, I did not do a cleanse. All three cleanse options looked quite rigorous, and as I work two jobs and am earning my Master’s part-time, I did not think a cleanse would work well for my body while trying to maintain such a hectic schedule. I DID, however, do a staggered start, whereby I cut out caffeine and cane sugar (began using stevia) the week preceding beginning the diet proper (the week between Christmas and New Year’s). I found the transition wasn’t as difficult as it may have been, had I attempted to cut out sugar, caffeine, dairy, and gluten all at once.

Should I begin taking the probiotic pills? Or simply continue what I’ve been doing? Thanks so much for your help!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Have you read the links he posted though? They’re from the forum and contain different information to that of the site, which should answer most of your questions. If not, then feel free to ask more.

NiftyEpiphany

Oh, thanks for that clarification; I didn’t realize the links contained different information from the site.

I just now browsed through the Approved Foods list, and saw that Stage 1 doesn’t allow stevia or beef. I have been eating both of these (only grass-fed beef, however, so as to avoid yeast contamination from grains). Since I didn’t have systemic yeast infection symptoms before beginning the diet, are these foods alright to eat, or do you think I should cut them out as well?

Thanks!

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

I am in the same position as NiftyEpiphany,

I have been researching the site since November and waited to start until after the holidays, but started caprylic acid and heavy vitamin C during the holidays.

The symptoms I have are superficial for the most part. Rashes, acne, dry skin, and then constipation. I have been on the diet since the 2nd also, and really have not felt any severe die-off reaction. Only reactions really are sleepiness in the morning, and minor irritability. Ive been taking all the vitamins (including Molybdenum and Milk Thistle) and antifungals (caprylic acid, oregano oil, eating coconut oil, and just started SF722). I have stuck stickly to the diet for 11 days now(i know only a short time. haha). Only thing i didnt do was a strict cleanse, I have organic eggs normally every day, and chicken or wild salmon approx. once every 4 days, but only to keep myself sane. I also cut out any spices, etc. that were even iffy or suspicious.

All my symptoms seem to appear after a long weekend of drinking(What can i say, Im still at that age. lol),when i was drinking. It happens almost on que approximately 2 days after the drinking. I really feel like it has to be candida, but also wonder if maybe its not as severe a case as others may have. I believe it runs in my family as well. I plan to continue adhering strictly to the diet until weeks go by without symptoms.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcomed. Best of luck to everyone, and because I havent seen it yet on the forum, Happy New Years!

Dt

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Just to clarify I have been following the forum stage 1 protocol as far as foods, spices, etc.

Thanks,
    Dt

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You could simply have an inflammation problem. If you haven’t experienced any die-off then you might not have candida. A great way to cause die-off is to take a dose of grapefruit seeed extract or oregano oil (like 5-20 drops). If you don’t experience anything, then it might not be your problem. Probiotics can also cause die-off.

The candida diet is very similar to an anti-inflammatory diet which can also cure many health problems. If any part of your bodily organs are inflamed, then you could experience some of the candida symptoms (but not all of them).

-Raster

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

Nifty,

I’m curious to know how you are doing.
    My symptoms are mostly superficial too. Acne (biggest), joint pain etc.. yada yada

I was wondering if you are still following the diet and if you’ve had any positive results with your acne?

My acne seems to be the same and a times just as bad as the worst.

I started around the same time you did.

Let’s stick together.
    Very curious.

Thanks,

NiftyEpiphany

Hey Summer,
    Yes, I’m still on the diet; however, I have been using pure coco powder, which, until I asked about it on the forums, I didn’t know was not candida-diet-friendly. So, I won’t be on the “true” diet until I finish the coco I have left (certainly not going to throw it out!) But, I’ve stuck to all the other requirements. I’ve recently started taking a twice-daily probiotic pill, and have switched entirely to organic brown eggs.

As for my skin, I’ve noticed a HUGE improvement there. I’ve gotten comments from friends and family saying how much my overall complexion has improved and how my blemishes are fewer and far between. I think, though, this is less due to the diet and more due to the increased amount of water I’ve been drinking. I drink a tall glass of water every morning with breakfast, and then fill a water bottle with water and fresh lemon juice for work everyday and sip it throughout the day. That’s the one major tip I can give: DRINK MORE WATER!!!

I think because I didn’t have many yeast-related problems to begin with, I’m not seeing much improvement elsewhere. I don’t weigh myself regularly so I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight, but if I have it’s negligible. I need to start working out again to see those body-shaping results, I think (have been on break from the gym to get used to this new diet). What about you? Losing weight?

Great communicating with you!
    Nifty

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

Nifty,

I drink tons of water and have for a while. Wish I was seeing the same results.
    I’m a health nut to begin with and work out all the time, I actually shouldn’t be working out as much as I do without consuming carbs.
    I’ve lost 4 lbs (which isn’t great because I don’t need to lose lbs.)
    I need to lose acne.
    ARGHH….so frustrated I just want to bury my face in a bowl of ice cream.

Side Note: I’m very happy to hear that this new diet/water intake is working for you. It gives me hope.

Keep posting updates!

NiftyEpiphany

Summer,
    There’s another variable I forgot to mention regarding my skin.

At the turn of twenty-twelve, I vowed to treat my skin and body better and researched both diets and skin improvement regimens. A few weeks ago, I began using a high-absorbance vitamin C serum on my face. I’d read that applying vitamin C directly to the skin repels free radicals, which fights aging and improves skin elasticity and collagen. One of the side effects I read about, however, is that vitamin C serum also helps clear up blemishes and improve overall complexion. Maybe that, in combination with the extra water I’ve been drinking, is doing the trick?

Here’s the link to the brand of vitamin C serum I purchased through Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/NuFountain-Fresh-Cosmetics-Ordered-Vitamin/dp/B001TAIFZM/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1326909891&sr=1-2

Hope that helps! Also, I’ve not noticed any weight loss yet…I wonder what I can do to remedy that? Suggestions?

~ Nifty

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NiftyEpiphany wrote: From all that I’ve read and from talking with a friend who’s been on the diet for almost a year, I understand the first few weeks of the Candida diet can be very difficult to get through, mainly due to yeast die-off. However, I’ve been on the diet since January 2nd and, other than caffeine withdrawals, I’ve not had any adverse physical affects. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing wrong. I haven’t started the probiotic pills yet, and have only recently (within the last two days) bought brown, “natural” eggs (same as “organic?”)–is this the cause?

I’ve cut all breads and gluten products, cane sugar (replaced with stevia), caffeine, and dairy (with the exception of plain Greek yogurt) from my diet and have been shopping at organic markets. I’ve gotten over the caffeine withdrawal hump now, and am feeling quite good. Do some people not feel the affects of die-off? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Listen to Raster, for what I read in your post, you don’t have CRC. This syndrome is so terrible that who have it sometimes want to die.
    Jorge.

NiftyEpiphany

dvjorge wrote: Listen to Raster, for what I read in your post, you don’t have CRC. This syndrome is so terrible that who have it sometimes want to die.
    Jorge.

Jorge,
    I don’t know what to do with this information. I never claimed to have CRC; I simply wanted to maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully find relief to some of my ongoing problems–so I tried this. Would you like to contribute positively with a recommendation or suggestion? I dislike criticism that isn’t constructive. Contribute or don’t participate.

Thanks.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NiftyEpiphany wrote:

Listen to Raster, for what I read in your post, you don’t have CRC. This syndrome is so terrible that who have it sometimes want to die.
    Jorge.

Jorge,
    I don’t know what to do with this information. I never claimed to have CRC; I simply wanted to maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully find relief to some of my ongoing problems–so I tried this. Would you like to contribute positively with a recommendation or suggestion? I dislike criticism that isn’t constructive. Contribute or don’t participate.

Thanks.

Perfect. A healthy diet is a very good option for you. (no an anticandida diet)
    I was contributing with you believe it or not. If you follow an anticandida protocol and you don’t see results, you should look to new avenues. There are many, many health problems which aren’t linked to candida.
    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How Should I Be Feeling?’ is closed to new replies.