How much kefir (not my fave) should I consume?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How much kefir (not my fave) should I consume?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  not-creative 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Feelinbetter
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hi all
    I’m on day 17 of this crazy journey and have recently added in coconut milk kefir which I am doing my best to make at home with the help of the lovely kefirlady’s grains.
    My question is this : how much do I drink/consume per day? I’m also hoping the coconut milk (high in fat) will also help me gain back some of the 7 lbs I’ve already lost…? (I was thin to begin with…)
    Kefir has a sour taste which I’m not yet a huge fan of – I sweeten it with stevia but does anyone else have any tricks to make it go down easier? I also use it when baking my coconut bread.
    So far I have been drinking one cup a day… Should I do more? less?
    Thanks for any advice you may have or feel free to share your kefir stories!

Feelinbetter (most days) 🙂

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I really don’t like coconut milk kefir. It is far too tart. Have you tried goats’ milk kefir? I find that to be much smoother and more to my liking.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I think the answer is as much as you might while paying heed to die-off.

Water kefir and kombucha are alternatives to milk kefir.

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

I drink one cup of goat milk kefir in the morning and one cup at night. I can’t get enough of it! Might be worth trying goat milk kefir???

Feelinbetter

Thanks for the feedback all! I think I might try goats milk next and see if I like the taste better, although at the store its pretty expensive. I will slowly up my dosage to two cups a day… Hopefully the tart flavor will grow on me. 🙂

not-creative
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

I increased my intake of goats milk kefir too fast and ended up consripated. I would increase it slowly; maybe start off with a teaspoon/tablespoon a day and increase daily.

Feelinbetter

That’s good to know – I try to avoid added unnecessary discomfort… will increase slowly. I noticed I had a slight stomach ache today and quite a bit of – gas. (feels awkward sharing this) I think it must be from that since the only other thing I have added is a little bit of yogurt too…? too much dairy? Is coconut milk even considered dairy? Shouldn’t be but maybe the body processes it the same way…

not-creative
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Feelinbetter;48417 wrote: That’s good to know – I try to avoid added unnecessary discomfort… will increase slowly. I noticed I had a slight stomach ache today and quite a bit of – gas. (feels awkward sharing this) I think it must be from that since the only other thing I have added is a little bit of yogurt too…? too much dairy? Is coconut milk even considered dairy? Shouldn’t be but maybe the body processes it the same way…

Alot of people with digestive difficulty will struggle with coconut products since they are a FODMAP. Link for info – http://chriskresser.com/3-reasons-why-coconut-milk-may-not-be-your-friend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much kefir (not my fave) should I consume?’ is closed to new replies.