how much die off is too much?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how much die off is too much?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

I’m two weeks into my antifungals and feeling a definite worsening of my symptoms.

I think I’m doing all the recommended things to control it, molybdenum, vit c, milk thistle, lots of water, dandelion coffee etc.

My q is, how much die off is too much?

My symptoms are mostly muscle and joint pain (like arthritis) and exhaustion.

It’s manageable, but is defintely worse than before I started antifungals.

I see some people saying that ‘severe’ die off symptoms slow down recovery, so should I ease off on the antifungals and aim for no die off at all?

Or maybe this isn’t severe and I should ride it out and stop being a pussy?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark, UK

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Take a break from it if it seems too much, we can’t sit here and tell you whether its too much or too little die-off. The goal is to completely prevent it.

-raster

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Or it could be because you are doing things too quickly.
    You don’t want to ‘man-up’ and get it over with, this isn’t a game. There’s a real risk you could cause further adrenal fatigue which would explain some worsening of you symptoms as your body tries to process the toxins.
    Plus worse than that you could cause kidney and liver problems which will take a LONG time to heal, prevent your immune system from working and not be strong enough to fight the candida.

Don’t take a gamble, this is your health you’re dealing with.

Best thing to do is work slowly and up the antifungals in that manner.
    This is a marathon not a sprint.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks for the advice.

I do see some people saying there’s always a certain amount of die off symptoms, it’s just hard to know how much is OK. I’m just a little bit more achy and more tired than before, nothing too bad.

NB after 6 months of quite debilitating illness I certainly don’t think this is ‘a game’! :-))

Thanks again. I’ll halve the dose and see what happens.

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

I was suffering die off alot, So i liturally stopped taking antifungals till the die off symptoms stopped took about 6days, i know its alot to think of but your liver is also important so letting it catch up with clearing the toxins (by stopping/reducing antifungals) is a good thing, remember this recover is a slow one, not faster the better.

ps. Remember to slow down on the antifunal foods too.

xxx Bouncy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks all much appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how much die off is too much?’ is closed to new replies.