How much coconut oil do you eat every day?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How much coconut oil do you eat every day?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fiae 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Headless Horse
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Like all candida-related topics, opinions vary. How much coconut oil do you consume and did you gradually work your way up to that amount?

Internet examples:

“Start slowly to avoid the nausea and loose stools that may occur with high intake. Take 1 teaspoon per day, gradually increasing to 2 tablespoons per day over 1–2 weeks.”

“Start with a half to one teaspoon of oil, three times a day and gradually increase it every week or so to 3 tablespoons per day.”

“Start with one teaspoon the first day and increase by one teaspoon per day until your reach four tablespoons.”

“When you first begin to take the coconut oil, start with 1 teaspoonful a day for three days. Then go up to 2 teaspoons a day for another three days, and then move up to 3 teaspoons. After this dose, continue raising the amount by one teaspoon every two days until you reach 5 to 6 tablespoons a day.”

Thanks.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I think the reason for the variability is that you can’t really overdose on coconut oil.

However, I would be cautious about taking more than 1 tbsp per day. The research isn’t really conclusive yet about coconut oil’s effects on cholesterol.

Also, the advice to start slow makes sense too.

1 user thanked author for this post.

PeteSake
    Participant
    Replies: 36

I take upwards of 10 Tablespoons/day of coconut oil to maintain adequate daily calories.

I started with a few tablespoons at first.
    Then one day jumped all the way up. I hadn’t noticed any drawbacks.

fiae
    Participant
    Replies: 23

I have been eating coconut oil almost every day for the last 5-6 years and I don’t think it works on my Candida. Some days (when I would overdo it, I try to watch my amounts now) I would consume upwards of 6 tbsp. in a day.

I think that my Candida has grown resistant to coconut oil which is a shame, but I absolutely love the stuff anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How much coconut oil do you eat every day?’ is closed to new replies.