How long should a candida biofilm protocol take?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long should a candida biofilm protocol take?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 38

Thanks

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

1000557 wrote: Thanks

Nobody here knows that.
    What kind of Biofilm Protocol is that ??

I am not aware of any specific protocol to disrupt candida biofilms.

Jorge.

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Approximately 1000 years.

Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 38

Using enzymes such as serrapeptase to disrupt the biofilm,how long should this take?

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Oh yeah… That’s interesting. Where did you find that it breaks down enzymes?
    It’s worth a shot.
    I don’t know how long that would take.
    I suppose it’s good to have that stuff all the while you’re actively attacking hte fungi at the same time.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What kind of biofilm protocol are you doing? The one dvgorge mentioned involved over 4 supplements including SF722. Fermented cod liver oil and fermented foods also were on this.

Keep in mind no one has developed a biofilm protocol on the forum and I haven’t seen one mentioned elsewhere. Also, in general, the existence of biofilms is purely theory isn’t completely factual…just because dvgorge mentioned it doesn’t mean it exists or is the cure.

If I recall it involved taking these supplements:

-Sf722
    -Fermented cod liver oil and fermented foods
    -Royal jelly
    -digestive enzymes
    -1-2 other supplements.

Plan on many months to destroy the biofilms (if they exist) and don’t plan on them being destroyed completely. How long were you thinking it’d take?

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: What kind of biofilm protocol are you doing? The one dvgorge mentioned involved over 4 supplements including SF722. Fermented cod liver oil and fermented foods also were on this.

Keep in mind no one has developed a biofilm protocol on the forum and I haven’t seen one mentioned elsewhere. Also, in general, the existence of biofilms is purely theory isn’t completely factual…just because dvgorge mentioned it doesn’t mean it exists or is the cure.

If I recall it involved taking these supplements:

-Sf722
    -Fermented cod liver oil and fermented foods
    -Royal jelly
    -digestive enzymes
    -1-2 other supplements.

Plan on many months to destroy the biofilms (if they exist) and don’t plan on them being destroyed completely. How long were you thinking it’d take?

There’s nothing controversial about the existence of biofilms. It’s well known that microbes that become pathogenic use quorum sensing to create biofilms when their numbers are high enough. They essentially become fortresses that continuously spew out fresh microbes and are incredibly resistant to attempts to eliminate them. Ask your dentist why mouthwash fails to keep plaque (biofilm) off your teeth.

What is controversial is biofilm protocols. Biofilms differ by species and are poorly understood. People have attempted to combat them based on what biochemistry is understood, e.g. preventing the uptake of iron with chelators, but I don’t think there’s clinical evidence that any of it is effective yet. Much of the research seems to be devoted to prosthetic implants, since they’re incredibly susceptible to chronic infections that antibiotics are unable to treat.

There was a suggested biofilm protocol for candida in a link I posted before. 1000557 seems to be overly focused on the idea. Like Jorge said, nobody can answer his questions. Everything we know is basically in that thread. SF722 has anti-biofilm properties and beneficial bacteria naturally inhibit their formation, so attempting a standard approach makes sense to begin with. A biofilm protocol would just involve taking a few supplements for a couple of weeks and seeing if it helps. I don’t know what people make such a big deal out of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How long should a candida biofilm protocol take?’ is closed to new replies.