How long did you guys go on 'the diet' for?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long did you guys go on 'the diet' for?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

piratesauce
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 7

I’m about to start that phase, of just eating right and doing antifungals.

I was on tetracycline for 2 years so I really don’t know how bad my situation is, Do you think i should get my blood checked and do a before and after?

I’m hoping 2 months will do the job, but then will I just be able to eat normally again, or is this like a lifelong thing I will have to do?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antibiotic use is one of the biggest factors in why you are here and dealing with health problems. It stands for “against life” while probiotics stand for “pro life.” As long as you take probiotics and a few other supplements and stick to the diet, you will notice nothing but improvement.

I have been on the diet for 5 months solid now, took 1 week off to cheat on a vacation. I am mostly symptom free, I just am taking it easy because I have been ill for so long. I thought the diet plan would only would last 1-2 months at first, just like you, but I haven’t wanted to go back completely yet.

Don’t put a timeline on your recovery because everyone heals at different rates. This is a system wide immune system problem, so it can be a long recovery.

Just as long as you stick to the allowed foods list and take a few supplements, you will be OK.

-Raster

piratesauce

thanks, i had a question about buckwheat.. i’ve never tried it. I am going to start eating it down the road. Do i want raw buckwheat? How is this?

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Buckwheat-18-Ounce/dp/B000EDI0Y6/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1321244620&sr=1-2

raster
    Participant

If I recall…I think I saw that you were from Portland (like I am). New Seasons and Whole foods have organic raw buckwheat in bulk that you can purchase and get any amount you want. I stock up on it for every few weeks at a time! Get the raw stuff instead of cooked, same flavor but not cooked! I add some herbs to it and it comes out tasty.

Buckwheat will become on your greatest friends on the diet and it tastes pretty good. Great rice replacement. You can also get buckwheat flour which you can add to the coconut bread (read the recipe’s section for this one).

All of the bob’s red mill products are allowed including buckwheat; just as long as they are on the allowed foods list. Bob’s makes a great oat bran that I like also! This is also allowed.

-Raster

piratesauce

thanks, i will pick up that buckwheat. is this the oat bran you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Organic-18-Ounce/dp/B000ED9L9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321245843&sr=8-1

piratesauce

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Piratesauce – that pasta has rice flour in it so isn’t suitable for stage 1. I haven’t managed to find one that works unfortunately… but let us know if you find one! The Buckwheat crispbread (scroll down on the page you linked to) is great – it just has buckwheat & sea salt and it’s really light and a great way to eat your coconut oil.

raster
    Participant

If it contains rice flour I wouldn’t recommend it.

This is the oat bran I am referring to; it is also available at our local stores. Sorta spendy tho!

-Raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How long did you guys go on 'the diet' for?’ is closed to new replies.