How long can die-off last?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long can die-off last?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I am fortunate to be working with a doctor who has me on a combination of prescription and non-prescription antifungals. When I take the antifungals I feel die-off (fatigue, muscle/joint pain, stomach pain/nausea). She says that at this point in my treatment (3 months) I should not be experiencing die-off from the antifungals. She says that I should be feeling much better.

My question is simple: Isn’t it possible that die-off can last a long time depending upon each individual person’s level of infestation?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’m on month 11 and coming out of some horrible die off today. There’s no rule of thumb for die off, it varies per person.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

goingnatural;40996 wrote: I am fortunate to be working with a doctor who has me on a combination of prescription and non-prescription antifungals. When I take the antifungals I feel die-off (fatigue, muscle/joint pain, stomach pain/nausea). She says that at this point in my treatment (3 months) I should not be experiencing die-off from the antifungals. She says that I should be feeling much better.

My question is simple: Isn’t it possible that die-off can last a long time depending upon each individual person’s level of infestation?

Out of curiosity, would you ask your doctor her explanation for why you are still feeling so bad if die-off is meant to be over?

I am in the same boat as you at 3 months of treatment. The primary thing I am dealing with now is fairly restricting fatigue. I find if I do too much my legs will turn to jelly and it will take me a couple of days to bounce back. I’m also still getting aches and pains, and some anxiety too but that’s hardly surprising given that I have an anxiety disorder.

I am sometimes sceptical of it strictly being candida die-off. I sometimes think that it is possibly due to other factors such as copper detox or parasites or something. However, though not specifically designed for it, a candida diet can be generally helpful for addressing a number of hormonal/mineral imbalances as well as giving parasites the boot, so perhaps our malaise is originating in something else!

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Thank you both for your input!

To answer your question Cheesey she had previously mentioned that my IgE (traditional/immediate immunity level) were abnormally high … this could be to environmental components (like MOLDS) or something else. She wants to test the specifics of this so I will update you.

Also, I empathize with you about the fatigue and anxiety. My experience is that Candida treatment in the past really brought my anxiety down. I also use an audio/meditation program called Holosync that has helped as well!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I still have possible dieoff here and there and it’s been 4 months. But if I eat something like I shouldn’t have at Easter I get bad die off die to nystatin and other antifungals. I have bad anxiety and a lot of nutritional deficiencies that could be symptoms like die off

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are feeding candida things it likes such as rice, potatoes, nuts, beef, dairy, etc. then you can have perpetual die-off because it goes away and comes back over and over.

If you have h.pylori or SIBO you can have perpetual die-off because the antifungals you are taking are not targeting the right organ or infection.

If you have a slightly damaged liver and didn’t protect your liver properly you can have perpetual die-off.

If you have really bad leaky gut you can get perpetual die-off.

If you lack stomach acid this can cause it as well.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long can die-off last?’ is closed to new replies.