How long

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

How long usually are you supposed to take antifungals straight? It’s been since dec 10th for me. Just have digestive bloating and mild reflux left. Just seems like no matter what nothin will help or get rid of this crap

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Can you be specific about the “antifungals”.

Coconut oil and Caprylic Acid are harmless, while Nystatin can cause liver damage if taken long term.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

You could try to up your probiotics. If that is all there is left, maybe you do not need antifungals, but build up your gut flora. You could reduce what you are taking and see if there is any changes.

I do think that natural antifungals do not need to be stopped, ever. Like cooking with coconut oil, eating garlic etc. That and proper diet will only help maintain the good work you’ve done 🙂

Arijana

moochpb

Gse, olive leaf, uva ursi, tannibat and I take coconut oil. I have sibo also, I feel the yeast is better but the bloating doesn’t leave or go anywhere. I don’t want perscription antifungals either

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on taking antifungals for the length of your treatment. A good safe long term antifungal is SF722 (which should be available soon after the shortage). Eventually you’ll get to a point where all you need is SF722, garlic, and maybe a little something else.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;35684 wrote: How long usually are you supposed to take antifungals straight? It’s been since dec 10th for me. Just have digestive bloating and mild reflux left. Just seems like no matter what nothin will help or get rid of this crap

It isn’t completely necessary to continue taking antifungals throughout your treatment if you do not cheat on the diet and follow the protocol as it is written. The antifungals will not cure your infestation. This will be done by the probiotics and kefir. However, if you’ve cheated on the diet and continue to cheat, you need to continue to take the antifungals.

Coconut oil and probiotics/kefir and the only things you may need to take indefinitely.

Able

moochpb

Ok thanks. I’m staying pretty strict and I just worry about sibo not getting better because of probiotics. I’m gonna get another stool sample done in a month or so and see how my bad bacteria and yeast is looking. I can drink water and bloat so idk, I’m assuming i still have alot of bad bacteria and yeast down there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How long’ is closed to new replies.