How is a Candida Diet Decided?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How is a Candida Diet Decided?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Forum members often ask why one food is on the strict diet and why another one isn’t.

The easiest way to explain why a particular food is or is not on the diet is to tell you how the foods on this Candida diet were chosen. There are specific aspects that are necessary when choosing a safe Candida protocol and this includes the diet. So when you’re creating a list of foods for a Candida diet, you have to consider the factors that support the goal of the diet of which there are several.

A full explanation of how the strict diet was created is in the strict diet information. If you would like a copy of the diet, simply send a private message to me on the forum requesting the diet. Include a short explanation of your own infestation including its duration, symptoms, and any supplements you’re now taking.

Able

Lucyloo1
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Hi, Able900

Please can you send me a copy of the strict diet. It’s just that I want to ensure that what I am eating is correct. I’ve been doing the diet for 3 months now but still suffering, I have since looked on the forum to see where I am going wrong and have found lots of things I need to correct. Since everyone mentions the strict diet I want to know what it is.

Not sure how long I have had it for could be 3 to 8 years or more.

Symptoms allergies hypersensitivities to everything and to any thing that smells especially perfumes and chemicals, asthma, sinusitis, post nasal drip, allergic rhinitis, hay fever, constipation, bloating, vaginal thrush, feeling full all the time weight loss,, insomnia, stress, anxiety. Unfortunately I take steroid inhaler and nasal spray. Also due to sinus infections have had too many antibiotics and poor diet and too much sugar. Iam also taking antihistamines and singulaire for asthma.

I am taking lots of vitamins, psyllium husk and for the candida, candida support, oregano oil, Caprylic acid, garlic tablets, and at time grapefruit seed extract. Also taking the healthy origins probiotics suggested on the website and homemade kefir.

I have a few questions:
    I never did the detox cleanse when I started, do I have to do this? It’s just that I have lost tones weight over the last 3 months and I can’t loose anymore. I was already underweight to begin with. Any tips to gain weight quickly that I can have at stage 1?

When having bobs red mill oat bran for breakfast what milk can I use?

If want buckwheat for breakfast what do I buy groats, flakes or some other type? Do they have to be roasted?
    If buy bobs red mill buckwheat what do I buy the groats, kasha (roasted buckwheat kernels) or creamy buckwheat (wholegrain buckwheat)?

The coconut milk, what type do I need to buy? Is it the condensed creamed coconut that comes in a block or the coconut cream or tinned coconut milk? I know you mention coconut manna is there an alternative? Or is the blue dragon creamed coconut block? http://www.bluedragon.co.uk/products/creamed-coconut-block. Or is this one ok
    http://www.bluedragon.co.uk/products/coconut-cream. Ok to have ?

Can I have tahini in the hummus recipe at stage1?

What seeds can I have? I understand that hemp is ok, what about flaxseed, linseed, sesame seeds and water melon seeds? Can I have seeds at stage1?

What snacks can I have and any good for weight gain?

Am I allowed organic unsalted butter? If so can have what I like or do I need to use it sparingly?
    When can I incorporate hemp protein powder? And what do I put it in?

Can I use apple cider vinegar as much as I want every day or do I need to be careful?

What else can I have apart from buckwheat instead of brown rice for my evening meal?

When having buckwheat for evening to replace brown rice what do I buy groats, flakes or some thing else? Do they have to be toasted?

If you suggest only having chicken or fish 3-4times a week what else can I have for the other times?

What is good for gaining weight to have for lunch?

I have a bad habit of not alternating my breakfast and lunch, get stuck eating the same thing, any suggestions?

Do I have to take the suggested supplements for die off? I can’t access the die off without molybdenum page?

What can you recommend for stress and anxiety and insomnia?

If doing oil pulling for mouth, if use sesame oil is it ok that it has been toasted?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to get my diet right this time.

Many thanks lucy loo

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Lucy,

Here is a copy of the new strict diet I created:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

You are taking a lot of antifungals. What are you taking to protect your liver and kidneys from die-off toxins. The antifungals won’t cure you, they just reduce and kill the candida numbers.

The cleanse is not necessary, it barely makes a dent in the candida and doesn’t really do much in terms of fighting the infestation.

Oat bran contains gluten so it might be best to look for alternatives. You can’t have any milk on the diet but if its raw milk it would be best.

Butter is a dairy item and not allowed on the diet.

Teff is great for weight gain.

Seeds contain molds and you shouldn’t consume most of them until stage 2-3 of the diet. Flax seed and hemp are generally OK.

ACV is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, etc. and could be killing beneficial bacteria. If you consume it, only consume the raw unfiltered unpasterurized kind.

Buckwheat Groats and cream of buckwheat are ok on the diet. You can use the flour for baking

Here is raster’s die-off post:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

I wouldn’t consume roasted sesame oil and would look to alternatives such as olive oil.

I recommend consulting a naturopath who can help you with your various ailments. You have a more complicated case than the average person because of asthma, allergies, stress, anxiety, etc.

-raster

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

First off, dont do anything that will make you lose more weight, thats only going to put you further further behind the eight ball on all fronts. Do what you can to put weight on and do not get too restrictive on carbs. Well balanced macronutrients, lots of micronutrients (ala veggies), and very low simple sugar & starchs is the goal. Unless you have a particular problem with something, the details arent going to kill you, not nearly as much as deprivation of anything will. Getting every little thing right according to the plan isnt likely to be the thing that is going to put you over the hump. Finding out what all the problems are FOR YOU and all the things that help YOU and acting accordingly will. Also, eating or supplementing with anything that you react to in an unhealthy way, such as a hypersensitivity, will only hurt you, no matter how important it is supposed to be on paper. The diet plan is good if your ultimate goal is nothing more than to starve yeast, and thus can be a good base to work from, but you have to make this work FOR YOU.

What are your hypersensitive symptoms and how does your typical day go as far as these symptoms?

Lucyloo1

Hi impossible,

You mention eating vey low simple sugars and starches please can you list some that I can eat?

Hypersensitivities affect my asthma and sinuses, I’m affected by everything and anything that smells, perfume, shower gel, soap etc, Heating .

I’m affected all the time if I’m in places I normally go to I’m not to bad but if I go to somewhere I’ve never been to before then I’m bad. a reaction starts in the nose and then affects asthma and chest.

impossible

Ok. Nearly all sinus infections are caused by fungus, not bacteria. Antibiotics and steroids just pour gasoline on the fire. There are several ways to combat this, the best plans include a biofilm buster like edta and then its a good idea to follow up with probiotics. Just like clearing it out of the gut. You can use a nettie pot, nasal spray bottles, or a nebulizer for the antifungal application, then use a nettie pot to administer the probiotics.

Getting rid of the fungus and getting the gut functioning better should help with the asthma, maybe even alot. Quercitin and glutamine might be a good thing to try for you. Getting your vit d level up to 60+, even 70, is said to help asthma alot too.

Eat any of the carbs listed already

impossible

Oh, I cant believe I forgot about resveratrol

Lucyloo1

Hi impossible,

Thank you for the information. A few questions following your comments, that hopefully you may be able to answer.

How long do I use the biofilm buster for?

When and for how long do I administer probiotics in sinuses for? What kind of probiotic is required for sinuses?

I have been taking glutamine since July on a daily basis, only taking a teaspoon worth.

How much vitamin d do I need to take to get levels up?

What is resveratrol?

Many thanks

impossible

A good sinus protocol would be to use a natural antifungal like gse (theres several people that have blogged about this, if you want more ideas on antifungals) with edta, is doesnt take a whole lot, in a nettie pot. Or edta in a nettie pot followed by an antifungal in a sprayer or nebulizer. Use that in the morning and probiotics in the evening. I just used the same probiotics I was taking orally, maybe half a capsule. When you use the nettie pot, while its still pouring, plug your nose, remove the pot, and roll your head around every which way, leaning forward, upside down, sideways, being careful not to let it run down your throat for a few minutes. It takes a couple times to get in the swing, but its not that difficult. Every day for a couple of weeks, then maybe 2 or 3 times a week until its no longer an issue. Make sure you use a warm saline solution as a base. I used distilled water with sea salt, less irritating.

If you dont know your vit d level, stick with 3000 iu a day, max would be 5000, D3 form. Use that with a vit A supplement from a natural fish liver source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol
    http://www.resveratrol.net/lung-health/controlling-asthma-with-resveratrol

Lucyloo1

Impossible

Thanks for all that I shall check it out.

Can you just confirm what GSE and EDTA stands for? GSE do you mean grape seed extract or grapefruit seed extract?

Do I buy tablet or liquid form of these?

Many thanks

raster
    Participant

EDTA is a chelating agent which can remove both your benefical minerals and bad minerals in the body. Some candida overgrowths can be caused by heavy metal toxicity and I encourage you to figure this out via testing and not do a chelation protocol unless supervised by a professional. When you chelate and don’t do it properly, it can be quite dangerous and cause many problems and side effects.

Here is a link to the original biofilm protocol post and the supplements you will need to take to get better. This is one of the many methods to get better that have started to aggregate in another post.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3698_Biofilms–Possible-protocol-for-a-faster-recovery.aspx

This protocol alone won’t heal all of your ailments and you likely will need a variety of other supplements for you own symptoms, this is why I recommend consulting naturopath because if you treat this for 1-2 years on your own it can be quite expensive and it can be detrimental to your health if done incorrectly.

The main thing I would focus on in your case first is healing your liver. Basically your liver relates to how well you feel and if you feel bad, then your liver is not doing so well.

-raster

impossible

I wasnt recommending oral use, just as a nasal rinse. Even orally, 95% of it just passes through, it is not absorbed much at all. But I believe even rx nasal sprays are begining to include it, or at least better regular md’s are prescribing/recommending it.

impossible

Sorry, grapefruit seed extract.

Liquid form of gse, but not Nutribiotic brand, its junk now.

EDTA stands for Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid if that helps. lol Get it in capsules and pour it out of the capsule into the water. Start small to make sure it doesnt irritate you too bad.

coconutcourt
    Replies: 1

Able900;12396 wrote: Forum members often ask why one food is on the strict diet and why another one isn’t.

The easiest way to explain why a particular food is or is not on the diet is to tell you how the foods on this Candida diet were chosen. There are specific aspects that are necessary when choosing a safe Candida protocol and this includes the diet. So when you’re creating a list of foods for a Candida diet, you have to consider the factors that support the goal of the diet of which there are several.

A full explanation of how the strict diet was created is in the strict diet information. If you would like a copy of the diet, simply send a private message to me on the forum requesting the diet. Include a short explanation of your own infestation including its duration, symptoms, and any supplements you’re now taking.

Able

Hi Able, I would love a copy of the diet. I’ve been having symptoms for the last year, starting with acne that eventually took over my entire face, shoulders, and back. I have stomach and chest pains if I eat anything with sugar, and I’ve recently been having ear infections and sinus infections. I cut out all fruit about a month ago, and have been feeling better, but need a bit of help with the final stretch. I have been rotating caprylic acid and oregano oil, as well as taking a probiotic–but now I’m wondering if I started that too soon. I don’t feel like I have too bad of die-off symptoms. I am a dental school student and need to get this figured out asap.

Thank you so much,
    Courtney

raster
    Participant

coconutcourt;59987 wrote:

Forum members often ask why one food is on the strict diet and why another one isn’t.

Able

Hi Able, I would love a copy of the diet. I’ve been having symptoms for the last year, starting with acne that eventually took over my entire face, shoulders, and back. I have stomach and chest pains if I eat anything with sugar, and I’ve recently been having ear infections and sinus infections. I cut out all fruit about a month ago, and have been feeling better, but need a bit of help with the final stretch. I have been rotating caprylic acid and oregano oil, as well as taking a probiotic–but now I’m wondering if I started that too soon. I don’t feel like I have too bad of die-off symptoms. I am a dental school student and need to get this figured out asap.

Thank you so much,
    Courtney

Here it is:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How is a Candida Diet Decided?’ is closed to new replies.