How do I know that I have beat Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I know that I have beat Candida?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  airblossom 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #117883

    airblossom
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    Hi,
    So I am wondering how do I know if I have beat Candida? There is so much conflicting information around that it makes my head spin.

    Tests dont seem to be relibale to detect it. So if I go through the diet how do I know that I have got rid of candida?

    I did 3 month long diet 3 years ago. Meanwhile had a baby and was given antibiotics. I am considering to do the diet again, but the more I read the more confused i get.
    I was considering to follow McCombs diet suggestions, but now I dont know..

    Anybody experiencing the same?
    Or anyone has solution for this?

    Thank you.

    #117900

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    You won’t be able to get rid of candida because we need it to survive. If you killed all of the candida in your body, you would die.

    The mcoombs plan last 2 years and is expensive and maybe only 50% success rate.

    -raster

    #117907

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    airblossom;56404 wrote: Hi,
    So I am wondering how do I know if I have beat Candida? There is so much conflicting information around that it makes my head spin.

    Tests dont seem to be relibale to detect it. So if I go through the diet how do I know that I have got rid of candida?

    I did 3 month long diet 3 years ago. Meanwhile had a baby and was given antibiotics. I am considering to do the diet again, but the more I read the more confused i get.
    I was considering to follow McCombs diet suggestions, but now I dont know..

    Anybody experiencing the same?
    Or anyone has solution for this?

    Thank you.

    McCombs is really one of the more open-minded of the all the diets I have researched.
    I think he offers some really good advice,although I do not follow his plan.

    He offers alot of advice in the way of his blog,so if you resonate there, I would be doing alot of reading.

    Your going to get different advice from different people, and they will tell you what works for them.
    What works for YOU might be different 😉 so listen to your body!

    If your trying to find the “right” info, you will be searching for a very long time, and it will make you crazy. I listened to advice from the forum and found that some of that advice set me back. I thought they knew more about my body than I did, but the bottom line is that you have to keep a journal of things that work for you and dont,as evidenced by how you feel.

    You will begin to see patterns over time and they may or may not match what you hear on the forum.

    You will know that you have gotten rid of the over-growth of candida when you can eat anything and not have a bad reaction to it. That takes time, as sometimes the reaction isnt until the next day 😉

    If I knew 3 months ago what I know now, I probably would have saved myself some money just getting the darn Candida Diet Book. Really im not doing anything different except I eat fruit and dont eat any animal-products. And I probably would have gotten over this faster,lol.

    I have an ND now, and his advice isnt ANYTHING I have read on this forum,
    so remember there are different ways to do this.

    #117912

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    Vegan Catlady;56428 wrote: If I knew 3 months ago what I know now, I probably would have saved myself some money just getting the darn Candida Diet Book. Really im not doing anything different except I eat fruit and dont eat any animal-products. And I probably would have gotten over this faster,lol.

    True. Don’t spend your money on expensive probiotics or antifungals unless you can throw money down the drain.

    #117921

    airblossom
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    Thank you for your insight people.

    I continue to be confused though…

    I have read that you cant starve candida, antifungals and probiotics are needed to eliminate the overgrowth.

    So but taking my conclusion from the last 2 posts is that you can get it under control simply by eating the right stuff for my body. Is that right Vegan Catlady and TheChosenOne?

    #117922

    airblossom
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    One more question. So if there is no point spending money on supplements, is it better off to take simply garlic or coconut oil or whatever I choose to be the antifungal agent.

    #117927

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    airblossom;56442 wrote: Thank you for your insight people.

    I continue to be confused though…

    I have read that you cant starve candida, antifungals and probiotics are needed to eliminate the overgrowth.

    So but taking my conclusion from the last 2 posts is that you can get it under control simply by eating the right stuff for my body. Is that right Vegan Catlady and TheChosenOne?

    Correct;you cannot starve candida. It finds a way.

    I didnt have a good experience with probiotics. They help some people,but if they were capable of eliminating this problem, you would see a bunch of “Im cured!” posts, not people here for years.

    Antifungals serve the purpose of eliminating excess candida.
    This ONLY works if you have addressed the reason why you got candida overgrowth to begin with.
    Some people go crazy and spend thousands trying to figure that out.

    Your research should be aimed at what your last 3 months looked like.
    What was your diet like? Your immune system strong? Issues in other areas?

    What I learned on my journey (3 months long) is that doing The Candida Diet for the first 2-3 weeks is invaluable for anyone, you dont have to have candida overgrowth to benefit by it!
    I learned that antifungals actually work against you if you are eating low carb, so do the diet, then afterwards introduce light antifungals like garlic and coconut oil,turnips,ect.

    Diet and natural antifungals will eliminate this problem if you can get your immune system functioning well, because that is what keeps candida in-check in a healthy person 🙂

    My journey is posted so that others can see how my perception evolved over 3 months to get to where I am now.

    No one is wrong, there are many ways to do this.

    #117933

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    So from being here on the forum for over 3 years, we likely have had over a million visitors and a few thousand people likely posted on the forum. Only about 1-2 dozen of these few thousand visitors have returned here regularly after posting and talking about candida and so there are very likely hundreds to thousands of people who have been cured who have not returned to the forum. Would you want to continue to talk about this if you were cured?

    So airblossom, back to what you are writing about…

    You are wondering whether you should pursue treating yourself or not. My recommmendation is to consult a naturopathic doctor who knows how to treat you and not candida by itself. You likely have your own specific symptoms and health problems that are unique to you only and this is hard to treat. Examples include a variety of nutritional deficiencies, parasites, specific organs not working properly like thyroid/liver, pH imbalances, dysbiosis of the gut, etc. and this is rather hard to treat in general on your own.

    Antifungals and probiotics do work but only if you have a sound plan like one that a naturopath puts you on. Supplements are very important, it just comes down to the best ones for you and your health problems…

    Hope this helps.

    -raster

    #117954

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Mybad…so there are atleast 12-24 people who posted here that were cured on only probiotics? Or didnt you read my post correctly?

    I have no doubt people are getting cured all the time, regularly, BUT what I said was:

    “I didnt have a good experience with probiotics. They help some people,but if they were capable of eliminating this problem, you would see a bunch of “Im cured!” posts, not people here for years.”

    Your so fast to jump on my posts, but if you relax and read it slow, you will realize that you dont need to take this so personal. Its not about YOU.
    You seem really challenged by my posting recently, so I will try to only post to people who are addressing ME specifically….kinda like this last post where I was asked a question, is that okay?

    #117985

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Probiotics are capable of eliminating the problem and this is how the people got cured catlady…but they had to do other stuff on top of it. I don’t think you can get cured without probiotics.

    -raster

    #117993

    airblossom
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    Thanks guys. This is helpful, really.

    Meanwhile I started the diet yeasterday and let´s see how is it going to run. First time I did the diet, I didnt have kid yet and there was plenty of time to focus on myself. Now with toddler its a bit different, eating is way down in the priority list and proper eating even further. But in some ways it seems easier, because my kid is the priority I dont seem to worry so much about myself and over analyze things. I try to do my best.

    I will definately read about your experience CatLady and hopefully get some tips from there.

    Cheerio 🙂

    #117994

    airblossom
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    As for your question raster, if I would like to continue to participate here after I have have reached to healthier and more balance state, I will answer, that sure if I can fit it in my schedule.

    #117996

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

    airblossom;56514 wrote: Meanwhile I started the diet [h]yeast[/h]erday and let´s see how is it going to run.

    😉

    #117997

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    airblossom;56514 wrote: Thanks guys. This is helpful, really.

    Meanwhile I started the diet yeasterday and let´s see how is it going to run. First time I did the diet, I didnt have kid yet and there was plenty of time to focus on myself. Now with toddler its a bit different, eating is way down in the priority list and proper eating even further. But in some ways it seems easier, [h]because my kid is the priority I dont seem to worry so much about myself and over analyze things.[/h] I try to do my best.

    I will definately read about your experience CatLady and hopefully get some tips from there.

    Cheerio 🙂

    Keep us posted on what works (and doesnt) for you!

    I have to say though, I did have an experience where I had candida-overgrowth and it went away on its own with no help from me when I got involved in something and my mind totally was not on it anymore…so there is something to be said for law of attraction there o_O

    #117998

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Floggi;56517 wrote:

    Meanwhile I started the diet [h]yeast[/h]erday and let´s see how is it going to run.

    😉



    Your so damn quick ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How do I know that I have beat Candida?’ is closed to new replies.